276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lateralus

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Someone has taken all of the randomly labeled tool mp3’s that floated around in the Napster era and made a bootleg vinyl from them. There’s a nice Tool font used, and some Pink Floyd-ish cover art. The vinyl itself is blue. Santa Monica, a sublime cover isn’t actually even Maynard or Tool. Hope this may clear up any rumors or any sort of doubt about the fate of things. However as a collector of all things out of date, i have recently sold VHS tapes and Laser Discs so obviously there is always going to be a market for things out of print, out of date, and the like. Hope to hear some other responses. Brett, Milano (2006). "Power Tool: Maynard James Keenan and band craft epic art-metal". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on June 29, 2006 . Retrieved May 27, 2006. On several occasions the soundstage took on a exceptionally solid stability (I'm guessing these may have been acoustically recorded using binaural microphones) which provided a powerful counterpoint to the dynamic swirling head-spin experience delivered in the very next moment. I suspect the recording engineers knew exactly what they intended to deliver here, and it's a sonic revelation that such skilled audio manipulation of our spacial perceptions is possible.

Appleford, Steve (May 14, 2001). "With 'Lateralus,' Tool Reclaims the Good Old Excessive Sound". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on December 17, 2012 . Retrieved February 24, 2018. It’s funny to think that at the time, Lateralus ended the longest drought between albums for the band. Considering the wait times fans have had to endure since its release, five years is a walk in the park, but a lot was happening during those five years. Since the release of 1996’s chart-topping Ænima, Tool had found themselves headlining Ozzfest and winning Grammys. They were involved in a lengthy legal battle with their own label, Volcano Entertainment (“fret for your lawsuit”). They dismissed their long-time manager, who then sued them for commission (“fret for your contract”). They were accused of being sellouts, becoming the bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks they always detested. For a band as obsessed with their image as Tool, Ænima somehow dragged them further into places they didn’t necessarily want to be. ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2019 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved December 14, 2021. Tool Polish Charting". olis.onyx.pl. Archived from the original on December 7, 2008 . Retrieved September 14, 2008.

Companies, etc.

The LP pretty much IS the answer to those problems. It's much more dynamic, the songs practically leap out of the speakers, the top and bottom end are 'busier' and the 'shut in' feel has gone. Because of the improved frequency extremes, details are much more in focus and Danny Carey's cymbal work really shines through. Two of the singles from the album, " Parabola" and " Schism", are featured in the video game Guitar Hero World Tour. Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1sted.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2. Hey, just a thought, but this would be a great topic to discuss in the Forum’s -> Lounge section (“if it can be verified”). Time moves on and finally Tool have re-released on vinyl. On a random visit to HMV there was Lateralis on limited edition picture disk. Still brutally expensive to the point where I sadly walked away... and resisted for all of 24 hours.

I was so excited to finally have this album on vinyl. I was so excited that I convinced myself there's no way the surface noise and popping was going to bother me as much as it has bothered others. But here it is playing and I legitimately don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a record. This pressing is unlistenable imo. Even in many of the heavy sections you'd have to be deaf, musically ignorant, or some sort of combination of the two to convince yourself this is acceptable, especially given how dependent the flow of emotion of the album is on the use of open space and minimalism between the heavy sections. Guess at least it's a beautiful album cover for my wall displays in the studio.Offiziellecharts.de – Tool – Lateralus" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved August 10, 2019. There is simply no way you could just dismiss the music (which is excellent). The bass playing is just really creepy and slow and sometimes it has this watery effect. Tool even follow in the footsteps of Caravan with Middle Eastern or Asian or something sounds. "Disposition" features bongos, and then on the next song, "Reflection," Carey's toms sound like bongos or tablas or whatever is in those Fruitopia commercials. Close your eyes and imagine if Asia had a space program. This is like the music they'd play. The song is called "Reflection" since it's quieter and slower and sounds like it's from India, where people go to reflect. Maynard's voice sounds like that little bleached midget girl flying around inside the walls in Polterghost. It's messed up. Bezer, Terry (May 14, 2001). "Album Review: Tool - Lateralus". Drowned in Sound. Archived from the original on August 14, 2011 . Retrieved August 14, 2019. Undertow, Tool's 1993 debut LP, took studio skill and over-trained chops to metal with aplomb. It was Rush Sabbath. As emotional, melodic metal goes (the cultural impact of which will be left to the reader), it opened doors for bands like the Deftones, and to some degree, Limp Bizkit. However, Tool have always possessed a latent understanding of absurdity and comedy; their videos look like Tim Burton stop-motion, goth Primus. I was able to come across where some car manufacturers are starting to not install CD players standard.

Discography Tool Laterlaus". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on March 11, 2007 . Retrieved April 29, 2006.Jump ahead 16 years later and my dad got this girl pregnant, who turned out to be my mom. It was 1987 and a whole bunch of lame dance music was ruling the world, like Hitler or Jesus or something. But all of the sudden, albums like Metallica's ...And Justice for All, Celtic Frost's Into the Pandemonium, Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime, and Slayer's South of Heaven came out. That's when I was born.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment