276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Moor: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 12)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because these books are categorized under the ‘DCI Ryan Mysteries’ name, it isn’t surprising to learn that Detective Chief Inspector Ryan takes center stage in this series. When he is first introduced, Ryan has been forced to undertake a sabbatical leave.

The Moor - LJ Ross

LJ Ross is an internationally bestselling author, whose books have sold over 7 million copies worldwide. In May 2021, Louise was shortlisted for the prestigious Crime Writers’ Association ‘Dagger in the Library’ award, which recognises an author’s entire body of work having been consistently enjoyed by library borrowers around the United Kingdom, and an author’s longstanding support of libraries. Ross took a leap of faith when she became a writer. She had to give up a career that paid rather well to get her books out, and her husband was more than happy to support her choices in this area.

However, his attempts at finding peace are complicated when the remains of a young woman are found at a historical sight. Even though he isn’t on duty, Ryan’s instincts won’t allow him to ignore case, especially one that might have a depraved killer at its heart.

Goodreads Loading interface - Goodreads

Detective Chief Inspector Ryan,” she said. “I saw him—I saw you—on the news a while ago. You’re supposed to be the best.” Louise was born in Northumberland, England. She studied undergraduate and postgraduate Law at King's College, University of London and studied abroad in Paris and Florence. She spent much of her working life in London, where she was a regulatory lawyer for a number of years until taking the decision to change career and pursue her dream to write. Now, she writes full time and lives with her husband and son in Bath. She enjoys reading all manner of books, travelling and spending time with family and friends.When a ten-year-old girl turns up on DCI Ryan’s doorstep to tell him she’s witnessed a murder, he has no idea he’s about to step into his most spellbinding case yet. The circus has rolled into Newcastle upon Tyne, bringing with it a troupe of daring acrobats, magicians, jugglers—and one of them is a killer. Sycamore Gap The remains of a woman found in the Roman Wall at Sycamore Gap throw DCI Ryan’s life into chaos. As Ryan tries to piece together the clues surrounding the ten-year-old case, he is forced to contend with demons he thought he had left in the past. The first book in the DCI Ryan Mystery series finds DCI Ryan on an island of only 200 people one of whom is a killer. DCI Ryan is a strong silent man who draws the interest of Doctor Anna Taylor. The pair concludes that someone on the island is practicing old and dangerous religious rites, the kind that might threaten the local populace.

LJ Ross - Fantastic Fiction LJ Ross - Fantastic Fiction

Just finished The Shrine recommended to me by local library. Really enjoyed the story and it’s characters. Wish I’d started from the 1st book, but will continue with the one after this. I have read all Shetland books, but have enjoyed DCI Ryan equally, perhaps even more. One thing I love about this authors books is how character driven they are. There is a great cast of main characters anyway but then along comes another fabulous character in the form of ten year old Samantha. I absolutely loved her! No doubt life in the circus is going to toughen her up but whilst she is old above her means, she is still very much a child and at times my heart went out to her. I loved the setting of the circus in the novel. This is one of your more old fashioned circuses rather than your modern day ones. Even so, I can’t say I really envy life in one, with the constant travelling. Whilst the people in the circus tend to be close knit, there seems to be a lot of animosity around in this one.

The Moor is such a great read. The story line had me so engrossed that I read it in one afternoon/evening. I’m really hoping that we get to see more of Samantha in up coming books as she was to much of a great character to be confined to only one. An addictive series that just gets better and better. Brilliant! fools in love were much more likely to behave irrationally in the heat of passion. More likely to make mistakes – for love, or through jealousy: More likely to kill…” Labai įdomi serijos knyga, kuri panašu į ir taip spalvingą veikėjų būrį atnešė naują personažą, kuris visai nenusileidžia savo sumanumu kitiems knygos personažams. Labai patiko man toks scenarijus, koks yra sukurtas šioje knygoje, išties senokai to laukiau 🤭 Dar viena puiki byla ir paslapčių nestokojanti istorija 🥰 And now it looks like Lowerson has got himself in trouble again and I’ll have to read Penshaw to find out what’s going on. Holy Island Detective Chief Inspector Ryan retreats to Holy Island believing that he will enjoy some peace. The Sabbatical leave wasn’t his choice but he is willing to embrace the peace. However, complications arise when remains are found amongst ancient ruins.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment