276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Xero Shoes Men's HFS Running Shoes - Zero Drop, Lightweight & Barefoot Feel

£57.01£114.02Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For more versatile training and CrossFit-style workouts, there’s a fairly clear winner between these three models. Of these shoes, the Xero Shoes 360 is the strongest performer for CrossFit and CrossFit-style training. In addition, I also really like this model for more versatile training due to its removable insole being a bit more responsive in nature. It’s nice to have the option to leave it in or take it out. I’ve traveled with my pair of HFS’s, and they’re still holding up after being thrown from one bag to the other. The 360 ̊’s sole comes with an omni-directional tread for traction while jumping or scaling obstacles. The HFS’s sole has a new tire tread-inspired sole that’s made to handle roads and has extra traction. The shoe is causing the most pronation, and I would put that down to its minimal nature. The materials are so forgiving that there’s no slowing of my ankle roll, and I’m relying 100% on my connective tissues.

Xero Shoes - Best Barefoot Shoes and Sandals for Running Xero Shoes - Best Barefoot Shoes and Sandals for Running

When it comes to Xero Shoes for lifting, I’m most concerned with three key performance elements. First, I’m interested in a shoe’s stability and connection with the ground for heavy sessions. The Xero Shoes 360, Prio, and HFS all feature removable insoles. The insoles used have a thin level of responsiveness and do a fairly good job at providing an additional layer of comfort for anyone experimenting with and acclimating to barefoot shoes. Don’t buy these if you are expecting padding though. The purpose of these shoes is to protect your feet when you are wearing them but that’s about all.

Overall, this model has all the looks of a go-fast traditional running shoe, even with the flat sole required for near-barefoot running/training experiences. Some barefoot shoes are unisex, but most come in both men's and women's models. We conduct in-depth testing by female reviewers in our review of women's barefoot shoes. If you're not quite ready to dive into the world of minimalist footwear, our expert team of runners has put in the miles to test the best footwear on the market across other categories. These include recommendations on the best running shoes and our favorite men's trail running shoes for those who like to get off the pavement. We also have extensive hands-on experience with a wide variety of running gear and can give you helpful advice to make the most of your runs. DPT/Footwear Science: B ( Nothing major or earth-shattering. Continues to be a highly durable minimalist shoe. A little disappointed with weight gain for a shoe with so little there.) Similar to our performance section, I’m going to break this construction section into multiple parts to properly discuss and dissect each model. Sole In general, Xero Shoes fit deep and wide in the midfoot. But they’re also not the widest toebox in the barefoot market.

HFS - Men - Xero Shoes UK

Vivobarefoot are more narrow in the heel and wide towards the forefoot. Much like a fan shape. Think about other European brands; they are often narrow, or sometimes what they call a “performance fit.”

While Xero Shoes is no stranger to designing advancements, the HFS has everything you could want: either vanguard or versatile. While there is a grey and slate option for the working weekend warrior, the HFS also sports two alternate colorways with some serious flash and dash. In previous Xero models, even from shoe to shoe, the insole varied from a more traditional EVA to a more spongy memory foam feeling option. In the HFS, the insole foam not only is more firm but features drainage ports along the bottom.

Xero Shoes HFS Review | As Minimal As You Can Get Xero Shoes HFS Review | As Minimal As You Can Get

As you can gather, both Xero Shoes and Vivobarefoot will be great options if you want to reclaim your natural barefoot strength. The similarities between Vivobarefoot and Xero Shoes The lightweight nature of the shoes also adds to their versatility. I've used them for a variety of activities, from casual outings to light workouts, and they've performed admirably in every situation. The breathable materials and well-cushioned insoles make them a fantastic choice for all-day wear.Like the original HFS, the HFS II is super lightweight (6.7 oz, W7) so you’ll feel like you’re flying down the road. And with a new tire tread-inspired outsole, you’ll feel secure even if you go off road. Huarache-inspired design — the adjustable instep and midfoot straps are not just eye-catching but functional, giving you a secure and comfortable fit. There are a lot of different Xero Shoes on the market and every pair is subtly different than its peers. Whether you’re wanting a barefoot shoe for running, lifting, or CrossFit, there’s likely a Xero Shoes model for you. Life-changing comfort and superior performance come from letting your feet do what’s natural – bend, move, flex and feel. Thin materials are excellent at first but don’t stand up to the beating. Even though my shoes are not showing signs of wear yet, I don’t imagine I will be hitting high numbers in the HFS. In some areas, the materials are so thin that constant rubbing will make a hole reasonably fast. This is pure speculation, but compared to its big brother, the Xero Shoes Prio, the lightweight choices will likely prove a trade-off against durability.

HFS - Lightweight Road Running Shoe - Women - Xero Shoes EU HFS - Lightweight Road Running Shoe - Women - Xero Shoes EU

Home » Xero Shoes 360 Vs Prio Vs HFS | Which Is Best for Your Training Needs? Xero Shoes 360 Vs Prio Vs HFS | Which Is Best for Your Training Needs?I'm coming from Vapor Glove 3s which have been OK for me but never really wowed me and are giving up the ghost. I have some Xero Mesa Trails which I really like, so thought I'd get some of their barefoot shoes as well, but which ones? However, after more than a mile or two on pavement, it feels like a bit too little underfoot, even for someone who has trained next to barefoot for several years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment