276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Couple on Cedar Close: An absolutely gripping psychological thriller (Detective Dan Riley Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The murders are pretty gruesome in this story which I absolutely loved but may not be for the more faint hearted of readers. It was good to see how even the police who get quite hardened to death are still affected. I also felt like I got to know Dan a bit better throughout this novel and he truly is one of the good guys in life. If you fancy going for a bike ride The national cycle network route 21 can be joined at High Lane Warlingham. are some good views from the top of the house when the local air show is on at Biggin Hill The Red Arrows give a very dramatic flyby. The sunsets to west are panoramic and the night sky’s are good as the street lights go off at 24hrs.Watching the changing weather from the roof windows can be hypnotic . . Arranging performances may be difficult right now, and we’ve recognised that by making a Directory entry completely FREE for all new acts who sign-up this year.

Cedar Close, Linton, Cambridge - Redmayne Arnold and Harris Cedar Close, Linton, Cambridge - Redmayne Arnold and Harris

This book is the greatest I've read so far this year! I haven't read the first one in the series, but this worked very fine as a standalone, also.The garden at number 4 has evolved over the years to give something to make it enjoyable for all ages the garden swing is well used and has lasted the test of time. The circular path has proven to be good fun for bikes and running games even the dogs play chasing around and around. There are three paved areas one with a Spanish style barbecue the greenhouse has been great at getting the grandkids sunflowers started with visits to the local allotment which is only 10 minutes walk away and will be available if interested. There’s lot more but that is for you to discover and enjoy.

Information for Cedar Close, Gosport, PO12 4AT - StreetCheck Area Information for Cedar Close, Gosport, PO12 4AT - StreetCheck

Though the police arrest Laurie, DI Riley seems to have doubts about what really happened. And soon he’ll discover that Robert’s death is only the beginning of a twisted mystery… As a country with a diverse population, the UK is home to other sizable ethnic groups, with mixed ethnicity (2.8%), Indian (3.1%) and Pakistani (2.7%) being the largest groups reported. So when Laurie wakes up covered in blood, how will she ever be able to explain herself and the aftermath of what has happened? Who will ever believe her and her so called best friend is on hand to fill in the blanks.The parts I loved, I really enjoyed. The author did make this a fast moving thriller. Yes it’s a police procedure based series yet, it had that thriller vibe which I love. The perfect mash up of a police procedural and a psychological thriller! I had no idea that this was the second book in the DI Daniel Riley series until I got to the end, can absolutely be read as a standalone.... this book wasn’t necessarily full of crazy twists and turns, but I loved how it dove so deeply into the psychology of these characters.... A dark domestic drama with some pretty psychotic characters.... This book also reminded me of another one I read in the same month, and that is Little Darlings by Melanie Golding, another ARC from NetGalley. There were times when characters used to say "babe" a lot and that annoyed me a little. Also, the names of the main characters, Laurie Mills and Lauren Tranter. And the detective story was alike in some ways. The Couple On Cedar Close is the second novel in the Detective Dan Riley series; however, it works perfectly well as a standalone. The highlight of the story is definitely the characters; they are all so real and beautifully flawed. The author makes you care for both the good characters and the bad. You sympathise with the good and despise the bad. It's difficult to comment on the novel without giving away details that I feel should be kept under wraps, so I will keep it purposely vague. I found that you didn't know who to trust throughout the story as most of the characters are untrustworthy, but it didn't take long until I knew exactly what was going on and sadly there were no twists of surprises.

2 bedroom terraced house for sale in Cedar Close, Penrith, CA11

A challenge we all face as we get older is to think about where we live, and how it will work for us when we’re older. If you intend to ‘stay put’ where you are, then thinking and planning ahead makes sense. The blurb describes a summer barbecue, tables laden with food, wine flowing, and Laurie Mills meeting her neighbors for the first time....as she discovers that her husband is having an affair for the first time. The residents of Cedar Close were close and nosy. Everyone knew everyone’s business. It was impossible to be anonymous.Maintaining your home in good, secure, safe and warm condition may present increasing problems as you grow older. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time..." The Couple on Cedar Close is the second book in the detective Dan Riley series. Though part of a series, it can be read as a standalone. Laurie awakens in her guest bed with no memory of the end of the evening before. She remembers waiting for Robert to come home, hoping for a way for them to reconcile his cheating and lies. And now she is alone, wet, and unsure what happened.

Cedar Close 3 Bedroom Detached Bungalow for sale in Horsham, Cedar Close

Laurie was livid. Her estranged husband was due to stop over to discuss their future. She was planning, hoping for a reconciliation and decided a home cooked meal of all his favorites might smooth things over.The story presents us a married couple, Laurie and Robert Mills. But they are about to break up, because Robert is in love with another woman. He wants to marry that woman, but he is afraid of leaving Laurie because she is unstable. The story alternates between present and past to a little girl who we don’t quite know who she is or how it all ties in with what is happening in present day. Things do become apparent quite early on though and the story has a cat and mouse feel to it which I really enjoyed. The last thing Laurie remembers was she was in the kitchen waiting for Robert, the dinner ruined, her heart destroyed. And when the light comes on, she is covered in blood! I could guess the murderer easily, but Anna-Lou's writing kept my interested peaked. It was smooth, the chapters flowed. Even knowing the theme and the plot and the subplots, I couldn't let go of the book. The plot was good, although not unique in itself it did have plenty of paths that either lead your thoughts to nowhere or you predicted what the outcome would be.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment