276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Etymotic Research ER2-XR Extended Response - In Ear Noise Isolating IEM Earphones with Detachable Cable

£52.4£104.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With respect to comfort, don’t expect a particularly forgiving experience. You’ll always feel them in there. And for folks who are not used to this kind of fit, it can feel rather intrusive. But if you have an itch deep in your canal that you just can’t scratch, these buds should provide you with some relief. I’m not kidding. Earwax accumulation is such a serious concern that Etymotic even provides an extra pair of replacement stem filters for if and when the original ones become clogged. SOURCES: Hiby R5 Gen. II, M3X & M3U, iQube v5, Shanling M0 Pro, Resonessense Herus, Questyle M12, Cayin RU-6 & RU-7, Qudelix 5K, Periodic Rhodium, Periodic Neon, Sansa Clip+, Nokia G400 5G Support me on Patreon to get access to tentative ranks! I probably won’t be writing Cliffnotes for every IEM, but you can expect them for the ones that stand out, either positively or negatively.

The ER2 takes a significant departure from the ER3 and ER4 in that the ER2 utilises a proprietary dynamic driver, but do note that they are not the first dynamic driver IEM from Etymotic (that honour goes to the original MC lineup). And of course, the significant price cuts compared to the ER3 and ER4 makes the ER2 a much more enticing offer for the masses.

INTRODUCTION For crinacle’s short impressions and non-audio opinions, refer to his unboxing post. Empire Ears is a brand name that

Very high passive noise isolation (35-42dB) from the deep insertion design. Essential as hearing protection for an on-stage performer. You can find opinions on both sides about which one is better. You should just try one (from a place with a return policy).The unboxing experience is simple and practical. Nothing showy or grand here. Aesthetically pleasing. I was wrong, the etymotic er2se is worth upgrading to, er2xr if you need bass boost, Moondrop blessing 2 if you If you’re looking for a great sub-bassy sound, without too much mid-bass bloat, then FiiO FH3 is your best choice. With great noise isolation, these are very good IEMs, and quite comfortable. FH3s have a quite natural and neutral sound, with exceptional sub-bass and excellent and sharp imaging. Overall, remarkable IEMs, and arguably the best bass for the price. Highlights:

For those venturing into the world of IEMs for the first time, KZ DQ6 provides a reliable entry point without the anxiety of overspending. Its performance per dollar spent truly stands out. Highlights: If you want an IEM for swimming, you need to be looking at an IEM that’s IPX8 rated, because nothing else will protect them with full-on swimming. Are custom IEMs more comfortable? Head-fi: Shanling M0, Hiby FC3, Headstage Arrow, Moondrop Aria, HD580, HD590, HD25-1 II, HM5, HD668b, HD662, Aureol Real With an impedance of 15 ohms and a sensitivity of 96dBm these buds are reasonably easy to drive, and you should get more than plenty of volume from even your mobile device. In fact, Etymotic now sells an iPhone compatible version. Since the model I’m testing has the regular 3.5mm termination, and I forgot my damn iPhone dongle, I’ve paired the ER2XR with my trusty Astell&Kern SA700 DAP. Compared to universal IEMs, custom IEMs (CIEMs) isolate better than most universal IEMs (UIEMs) and headphones as well. If comfort and isolation are the most important to you, then CIEMs are the way to go They also generally look better than OEMs.

Sound Quality​

Etymotic ER2XR (Extended Response) is one of my favorite IEM from Etymotic that doesn't need any introduction. I bought this pair from a local shop around 2 years ago. It is a deep insertion micro dynamic driver design with almost ruler flat impedance across the audio band. And the most important feature is, it sounds pretty good. I’m not a fan of the deep insertion silicone tips, but find the foam tips a perfectly acceptable alternative with no compromise in fidelity ( albeit somewhat less external noise isolation ). Etymotic’s gift to the sensible, value driven audiophile! If you enjoyed BLON but disliked the fit, or just want a step up, then HBB Mele might be an excellent choice for you. This is a great set that plays many genres well, especially drums and guitars, and is perfect for those looking for a warm-sounding set with a great timbre. ER2XR is favored by those who enjoy the extra bass presence and body when listening to their music. The extra bass is done tastefully without turning the ER2XR into a bass heavy IEM.

So Moondrop sells two types of ear tips with three sizes each for all their IEMs. The first type has a smaller core diameter (41mm) to fit the single DD IEMs, such as the Starfield and the KXXS, along with the SSP/SSR. The second type has a larger core diameter (55mm) which fits the hybrids/multi-BA IEMs, such as the Blessing 2, Solis, A8/S8.Having one of the best prices to performance ratios, these DQ6 are a great experience overall, especially compared to EDX. With superb technicalities, great design, and good fit, DQ6 is highly recommended as one of the best budget IEMs you can get. The bass is there (XR set) and pleasingly solid, although a bit light for my personal taste – my primary set is the Sony XBA N3 – but the tonality is excellent. I can put up with having to Eq a bit to get the best sound, but I can’t stand sets like the 1More Triple Driver that just sound “off” tonally and need major work to get sounding close to accurate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment