276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pugs of the Frozen North

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pugs of the Frozen North is a cute story about a boy and 66 baby pugs that are stranded in the far north. Examples include encountering yeti, avalanches, the Kraken, crevasses, polar bears, Northern Lights, snowstorms, ice palace mirages. Part 2: The children could use these answers to inspire a story, showing a character who gets his or her heart's desire, how getting this might make things go wrong, and then showing what they'd do (or not do) to make it right again. As they journey north through they encounter lots of strange and magical beings including the octopus like Kraken, greedy trolls and noodle loving Yetis.

For an extra challenge, children could create harnesses for their creatures and draw on coloured paper a picture of themselves riding their sled. With fourteen chapters and just over 200 pages, this is probably best for more confident readers, aged approx 7+. I bought this book on a whim because I thought my 9 year old would love a book about a bunch of pugs. Maybe I have been away from kids books too long but the detail and imagination that go in to every page seems to be a cut above the rest.

Philip is best known for his multi award-winning Mortal Engines quartet, which won the Nestlé Children's Book Prize, the Blue Peter Book Award, and the Guardian Children's Book Award.

These genius collaborative novels from Reeves and McIntyre are not just funny, they are exciting,absorbing adventures with a great cast of characters. You can feature one kind of snow per child (‘a selection of the 50 kinds of snow in Pugs of the Frozen North’) or show all 50 kinds. The eccentric competitors mean there’s something of the Wacky Races about all of this, but amongst the crazy – and very entertaining -scenes there are surprising notes of poignancy, as well as some lovely descriptions of the True Winter, fifty types of snow and all. He discovers the Po of Ice (not what it seems), and pledges to help Sika take her grandfather's sledge in a race to meet the Snowfather, who can grant wishes.They’re based on the Sea Monkey from Oliver and the Seawigs, but the same comic-making tips would apply to Pugs or any book or comic the children create.

inspiring adventure stories, in whose futuristic, post-apocalyptic setting, moving cities trawl the Earth.You could expand on this by having the class create a promotional book video trailer, and posters for the book. When he needs to lighten the load though, it is the pugs he abandons and Shen ends up stranded with them. This lively and exciting space story from the duo behind Oliver and the Seawigs is packed with fun, adventure and plenty of surreal humour. Part 4: Create two paper markers with blu-tack on the back of each (possibly using a pug face from the How-to-Draw-a-Pug activity or a sled from the Great Race activity). Award winning author partners Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre head north for their latest adventure.

Meillä ei koirat kiinnosta yhtään, mutta tämän kirjan 66 mopsia olivat juuri sopivasti aivan sivuosassa. Make sure the children’s creatures are facing toward the right-hand side of the paper (so everyone’s sled will be going in the same direction). More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. I'd recommend this book to anyone with kids ~7 and up, or a couple years earlier if, like me when I was a kid, they are a voracious reader.The story and its plentiful pictures are engaging enough to interest preschoolers to whom parents read bedtime stories. You could create speech bubbles for the children’s creatures with the sounds their various creatures make while they’re racing. Reeve has also recently announced another book for the same age group, which I'll be keeping an eye out for. As always, these pages are packed with wonderful silliness, from sea monster to noodle-eating yetis. Continue writing the list until the class reaches fifty, imagining what other sorts of snow might exist in True Winter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment