276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beartown

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With the town's future at stake, no one can stand by or stay silent. Everyone is on one side or the other. On the night of the semi-final victory, Kevin's parents are out of town. This gives Kevin the opportunity to host a big party for his team and many other teenagers from the community. At the party, many of the teenagers are drinking and indulging in marijuana use and the team members boast about having sex with the supportive female fans. Maya and Kevin sneak off to an upstairs bedroom to make out. Maya resists Kevin's advances, and he proceeds to rape her. Amat, himself drunk and harboring feelings for Maya, stumbles in to witness the rape. Maya takes advantage of Amat's intrusion to free herself from Kevin. Elderly Ramona runs the Bearskin pub in Beartown and is a beloved local character. Ramona drinks heavily, especially since the death of her husband, Holger, more than ten years ago; she has barely left… I loved the narrative style. It was almost as if the story was being told orally, from the memory of an observer, with little snippets of wisdom and knowledge of future events which the narrator had witnessed. Beartown is one of those books that seem pretty easy to describe, yet I feel whatever I say, I won’t be able to draw you a full picture of why you really, really need to read this book.

Ron Rash is renowned for his writing about Appalachia, but his latest book, The Caretaker, begins ...

Book Summary

The book cover was LOVELY! The picture of the frozen lake and surrounding town was just what I imagined. Whether you're a newbie or an avid reader, here you've found an authentic community dedicated to helping you relax, learn, and embrace a very cozy way of life. Mrs. Erdahl is Kevin’s quiet, reserved mother. She runs a large company, where she’s seen as approachable and sympathetic, but she struggles to talk to her son, even as she longs for a closer… And, through these feelings, a chain of events is set into motion, forever changing Beartown and all of its inhabitants. Mr. Erdahl talks to Amat and tells him that he didn’t see what he thought he saw at Kevin’s party. He also offers Amat’s mom a better job and money for expensive new skates in exchange for Amat’s silence. Amat drops the money on the ground.

Ana and Maya became best friends after Ana pulled Maya out of a hole in the ice when they were six years old. Ana is “a child of nature who went hunting and fishing but… Along with Lifa, Zacharias, 15, is one of Amat’s best friends. Like them, he lives in the underprivileged Hollow of Beartown, and they have hung out together since they were children. Zach prefers… I'm a reader of 100+ books per year, I studied English literature, and I've been on The Today Show'sRead with Jenna Book Club, Buzzfeed, The Atlantic, Esquire, Mashable, The Everygirl, Glamour, and more. My essay was published in the book But I'm a Gilmore!

Initial Thoughts

As the news spread of Maya's accusation and the team's loss in the final, many people in the town turn against Maya's family. Kevin's father believes that Maya's accusation is a lie and that Peter, out of jealousy, intentionally reported it the day of the final to cause the team to lose. Kevin's father pushes the sponsors and the council board to fire Peter. He also attempts to bribe Amat into silence by giving his mother a better job, but his mother refuses, telling him to be honest.

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Anxious People, a dazzling and profound novel about a small town with a big dream—and the price required to make it come true. Leo is Peter’s and Kira’s 12-year-old son, and Maya’s brother. Leo doesn’t have a large role in the story, but he is devoted to his older sister and staunchly supports her after… We have 5 read-alikes for Beartown, but non-members are limited to two results. To see the complete list of this book's read-alikes, you need to be a member. Their coach, David, has been grooming them since they were seven years old, training them to become the stars they are today.Everything and everyone in Beartown is tightly-knit in a web of circumstances that will unfold as the plot ensues. In this little town where barely anything happens, things will surface that will threaten the peace and stability that has existed for a long time. He also uses it very diversely. Sometimes it is just a simple bang bang bang bang bang that sets the atmosphere and means different things to different people. Other times he will say something that sounds quite simple and innocent, then remind you of it later on when certain events give those words a much different meaning. I utterly believed in the residents of Beartown and felt ripped apart by the events in the book' JOJO MOYES I feel a bit late to the party with this one. It was published a few years ago, and all this time I’ve been hearing ravings about it from my friends and fellow book bloggers. It was on my TBR for quite a while and I’ve finally gotten around to reading it a few weeks ago. Scott Shane's outstanding work Flee North tells the little-known tale of an unlikely partnership ...

Kira is Peter’s wife and the mother of Isak, Maya, and Leo. Kira has a forceful personality and is a fighter, both at her law practice and on behalf of her…In 2022 with the occasion of the launch of Skyshowtime service streaming platform, Showtime gained from HBO over 20 TV series including the Beartown series. The town has so much riding on this. They are hoping that if they win the championship, the government will decide to build their new national training center in Beartown. Along with the training center would come more shopping, restaurants, commerce and JOBS. They NEED this. This is their time. The undefeated junior team just needs to make it through two more games.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment