276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Complete Vampire Chronicles: The Tale of the Body Thief, the Queen of the Damned, the Vampire Lestat, Interview With the Vampire

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The vampire world is in crisis - their kind have been proliferating out of control and, thanks to technologies undreamed of in previous centuries, they can communicate as never before. Roused from their earth-bound slumber, ancient ones are in thrall to the Voice, which commands that they burn fledgling vampires in cities from Paris to Mumbai, Hong Kong to Kyoto and San Francisco. Immolations, huge massacres, have commenced all over the world. You see that I have begun to chronicle not my life here, but what has passed these two nights between you and me. He had done well. Your strength was complex and obvious. Our Queen Mother Akasha's blood was mixed with that of Lestat. Marius, my ancient lover, had given him blood as well. Lestat, ah, now what do they say, they say that he may even have drunk the blood of the Christ. A weak spirit. It couldn't harm anyone. It's one of those sad sad humans who does not know he's dead. They are an atmosphere around the planet. The 'earthbound' is the name for them. But Pandora, I have more than that in myself to explore."

But that was an exception, a surge of love in the man's soul that somehow defied death, or delayed the soul's termination--something we can't understand." Except for "Dracula," the Vampire Chronicles are probably the most influential story about vampires ever written... although since some of the works influenced are Anita Blake and "Twilight," that's not always a good thing. WHAT ELSE IS GOOD IF I'VE ONLY READ INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE WHICH I THOUGHT WAS OK AND HER SLEEPING BEAUTY BOOK WHICH I THOUGHT WAS CRAP? IWTV, TVL, AND QOTD ARE ALL GRATE BOOKS. THE REST ARE GRRM LEVELS OF TELLING US WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS CRAZY PERSON'S KINKS. Ah, we have a lot to be grateful for in the many styles of eyeglasses in this age--for if I were to take these off, I should have to keep my head bowed, not to startle people with the mere play of yellow and brown and gold in my eyes, that have grown ever more jewel-like over the centuries, so that I seem a blind woman set with topaz for her pupils, or rather carefully formed orbs of topaz, sapphire, even aquamarine.

Success!

You want me to leave now, don't you?" you said. You rose, collected your rain-spattered coat and bent over gracefully to kiss my hand.

That is charming, David," I said. "It is a long time since anyone has charmed me. I'll meet you there . . . tomorrow night." The 9th novel in Anne Rice's bestselling Vampire Chronicles. Mystery and magic combine in this masterpiece from the mistress of the vampire genreI left Lestat because he was beyond my help and my reach," you said. "And I must know if there are old ones who want to put an end to me; I must make my pilgrimages and my progresses to know the dangers of this world to which I've been admitted."

I don't drift, David. I drop anchor here. For I will not have my story pour forth as from a drunken oracle. I knew it, and I felt it, and I saw the image of us in your eye, distractingly, as the pleasure nevertheless flushed through me, making me believe I was alive, somehow connected to fields of clover or trees with roots deeper in the earth than the branches they raise to the welkin above.

Become a Member

Or for Osiris in the depths of the darkness," you said. "Or for the shades in Hades. Certainly I am ready for the spirits, for the vampires, for those who see the future and claim to know past lives, for you who have a stunning intellect encased beautifully, to endure for so many years, an intellect which has perhaps all but destroyed your heart." I want to know now what we can learn," you said. "I want to know what we can see! So I come to you, a Child of the Millennia, a vampire who drank from the Queen Akasha herself, one who has survived two thousand years. And I ask you, Pandora, please will you write for me, write your story, write what you will."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment