276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viking Kestrel ED Binoculars (10x42)

£119.5£239.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Viking Optical have been manufacturing premium optics for over 30 years and are the brand who make RSPB Binoculars. We are huge fans of Viking at liGo with two of their models taking the top spot on our list of Best Buy Binoculars: Looking in to the sun is more of a test, one which the Peregrine binoculars handles admirably. With both the 8x and 10x models, I couldn't see any fringing in the centre of the view, with a small amount creeping in at the edge The Viking Kestrel ED also contains nitrogen in the lenses which helps to prevent fogging. This anti-fogging feature helps to keep your lenses as clear as possible. This ensures that you are able to achieve the highest possible results regardless of the weather. The nitrogen also helps to eliminate any dust or dirt from building up within the lenses. This keeps the binoculars clean and helps to maintain the overall condition of the lenses. Viking Kestrel ED 8x42 Binoculars

Viking Kestrel ED 8×42 Binoculars review | Gear | Bird Watching Viking Kestrel ED 8×42 Binoculars review | Gear | Bird Watching

high quality, stippled metal focus wheel and dioptre can be found on all of the latest models. It's possibly due to their sleek appearance, the chassis narrowing at the top, all covered in a smooth, tactile rubber armour. The birds while barely compromising the field of view. Moving to look at the bird feeders which are just a matter of metres from the front of the shop and are in the shade,up for by their excellent optical qualities and superlative comfort. I was most impressed by the Viking Kestrel ED binoculars I reviewed earlier this year my first impressions were positive and having now spent some good birding hours with them I'm ready to write down my thoughts. The larger objective lens diameter opens up more opportunities for the 10x50 binoculars. Being able to participate in activities such as stargazing is a prime example of this. This is still available with 10x42 binoculars - though you can certainly expect better results with the 10x50 option. This leads us perfectly on to the next important factor to consider. Quality of Optics The 10x42 binoculars are certainly the most cost-effective option and provide a more convenient build design. When using these binoculars in a good light conditions, they will match the quality output of the 10x50 binoculars. Whilst there may be some colour fringing, this really is not noticeable - especially in bright environments. These binoculars are perfectly suitable for birdwatching and general observations. If you are looking for a pair of binoculars for general use, then the 10x42 binoculars are a great choice. like a bit more rigidity at each stop. While they don't exactly slip down, it doesn't take much pressure to change which position they're in, unlike the Kestrel ED and Merlin ED which are more secure.

Viking Kestrel 8x42 ED binocular - BirdGuides Viking Kestrel 8x42 ED binocular - BirdGuides

Autumn is in full swing, though it's unseasonably warm. The glorious sunshine, being lower in the sky than it is in the summer, provides challenging conditions for ED (extra low dispersion) glass. binoculars, so I'll be clear when I say these scores are relative to the current market selection and without a shadow of doubt the Kestrel ED binoculars are far superior to similarly priced binoculars from just a few years ago. inside the case. I actually like this arrangement, but of course it's a personal preference. The padded lanyard is the same as is found on the Kestrel ED and Merlin ED, while the provided microfibre cleaning cloth is much better

It is important to note that there is no single best option. To get the best results possible, you need to decide on which range of binoculars suits your needs. Both the 10x42 and the 10x50 binoculars are suitable for a wide range of activities. Most people will get the results that they need with the use of the 10x42 binoculars. These binoculars provide clear images and provide an affordable approach to this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment