276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide For Separation, Liberation & Inspiration (Self care gift for women)

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At last, we have a book on the subject of difficult children that is profoundly sympathetic with and empathic toward mothers. My 34-year-old son is still blaming me for putting him in a school he hated during his middle school years.

Difficult Mothers: Understanding and Overcoming Their Power

An empowering book that offers clarity and validation as well as strategies for freeing yourself from the control of an unhealthy mother relationship.This is my signature offering, but do not mistake it for a template or formula that I run every client through. All children form mental images of what relationships in the real world look like based on their connections to their mothers; these daughters understand emotional connection to be fraught, precarious, and even dangerous. The conventional moral scheme may list caring for a parent under the heading “optional,” but it is generally experienced by sons and daughters as “essential. A bite-sized podcast for those who want to take care of themselves in the relationship they have with their mothers, who want to experience that relationship differently, and not be miserable in the process.

Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide for Separation

The difficult mother’s mothering will be woefully impaired, and daughters can have a lifetime of suffering because of it. Her emotional connection to her daughter is superficial—although she would fiercely deny that if you asked—because her focus is on herself. Learn through the experiences of others: The book is filled with personal stories and experiences, practical tools, and journal prompts that can be used now to feel better. Try to find out why and how your mother or adult daughter thinks about something, and try not to fall into the trap of thinking that you already know. The tactics she uses to manipulate and control her daughter permit her to self-aggrandize and feel good about herself.This book is about Anderson discovering and accepting the whole of who she is (separate from her mother), and—in relatable, real, funny, and compassionate prose—making her discoveries accessible to women struggling to redefine their own challenging relationships with their mothers. Before you realized it was an impossible, thankless job, you spent much of your childhood being good for mom so mom would be happy. Untangling enmeshment—the term alone conveys the difficulty—is another road entirely because of the absence of boundaries. Now, I know she did what she felt like, without any thought of me, but I still hear her voice in my head especially when life gets difficult or I feel insecure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment