276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Celtic Daily Prayer: Prayers and Readings from the Northumbria Community

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A revised edition of this classic compendium of readings and prayers for every day of the year, with Celtic themes and inspiration. I normally use the Benedictine Daily Prayer [breviary] which holds a special place in my heart but the Celtic Daily prayer is a lovely change and not so very far removed.

As well as the Daily Office, there are four original Communion services, along with liturgies and prayers that have emerged out of real-life experiences of seeking God in many differing contexts throughout the world. The words of this blessing are said, or sung, as part of the Morning Prayer of the Northumbria Community. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password.

They are born out of our Community’s story, have been lived and prayed throughout our journey, and enshrine our ethos. The first in a two-volume collection of liturgies, prayers and meditations from the Northumbria Community, inspired by ancient Celtic Christianity, but reaching out to bring inspiration and comfort to all today who seek to be still and to find spiritual truth. I'm a busy catholic benedictine mother of a three year old boy so time is of the essence when trying to fit Offices into my day.

An A5 booklet with the liturgies (including the melody line of the music) for Morning, Midday and Evening Office plus the Meditations for each day of the month from Celtic Daily Prayer Book 2: Farther Up and Farther In. Taken from [Morning/Midday/Evening] Prayer from Northumbria Community’s Celtic Daily Prayer published by Collins. The relevant meditation for the day of the month follows, and repetition of them month by month turns them into familiar friends – they are worth learning by heart. If you wish to use part, or all, of our Complines in public worship for a one-off event, you may reproduce the words in a service sheet providing they are not being sold.The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. However, if you wish to make any adaptations to the wording of our Daily Office, to the arrangement of the stanzas, or if you intend to insert any additional material within our Daily Office, please contact us to discuss your proposal further and seek permission for the adaptation. The Community also uses a quarterly Prayer Guide (contact Ellen or Charlotte in the Community Office).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment