276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Medici – Power, Money, and Ambition in the Italian Renaissance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In truth, they were just as devious and immoral as the infamous Borgias, tyrants loathed in the city they illegally made their own and which they beggared in their lust for power. Against the background of an age which saw the rebirth of ancient and classical learning, The Medici is a remarkably modern story of power, money and ambition. But at the same time that the New World was becoming a profitable reality for the Medici, representations of the Americas in Florence became more fantastical. This is one of the best Medici books that focus on Catherine’s story in great detail, based on thousands of her own letters.

They will have help from one of the most renowned painters of their era—the peaceful and kind Leonardo da Vinci. This vast wealth attracted the attention of unscrupulous whites who found ways to divert it to themselvIt either demonstrates a deteriorating memory on my part or is a testament to the quality and entertainment value of the book; I like to think the latter. Mary Hollingsworth’s The Medici is a top five bestseller for the second week running in the Evening Standard. Daughter of Cosimo I de’ Medici and Eleanor of Toledo, Isabella was cultured, independent, free and unconventional woman who sought sexual parity. Revising the work of these predecessors, Markey shows how collectors and artists alike drew inspiration from a flood of new knowledge produced in the wake of discovery and colonization. Soon, I sought out YouTube to satiate my ever growing hunger for information and a virtual taste of the rich cultural heritage of Renaissance Florence.

For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin. I liked how the two scenes were tied together when Brunelleschi and Cosimo discuss building the dome and Brunelleschi talks about the Pantheon. Head of Zeus have bought World English rights in Mary Hollingsworth’s history of the Medici family for publication next year.The story covers everything from the powers to the dramas to the seemingly endless ambition that this family had.

This study therefore aims to reevaluate the Hegelian Eurocentric model of history and the Burkhardtian emphasis on the importance to the Renaissance of the revival of antiquity. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience.Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Eventually a hundred and fifty European states and local coin-issuing authorities came out with their own copies of the florin. With so much Medici history to explore, trying to figure out where to start can be quite overwhelming.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment