276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Call Me Mrs. Brown: The hilarious autobiography from the star of Mrs. Brown’s Boys

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With that in mind, she has decided to rework her entire book portfolio and release it again with new titles, new covers and much more critical edits than ever before.

The hilarious and remarkably honest autobiography from the star of Mrs Brown's Boys, Brendan O'Carroll Throughout the tough moments, Brendan always had humour and a good story to tell alongside the ever-guiding inspiration of his own Mammy, a formidable figure who became Ireland's first female Labour MP. His hope and determination meant he never gave up, and eventually a chance opportunity to perform stand-up would pave the way for the TV show that would become 'Mrs. Brown's Boys'. For six years, she has been unable to write anything new or work on previous novels. The exhausting work and time to promote her books was simply out of the question. But as life surely changes, so has Brendan Carroll's (aka Brenda Carol Eaves) life.

Retailers:

The youngest of ten children from a poor family in Dublin, his father died when he was just nine years old. Leaving school at the mere 12 years of age, Brendan began what would become a long and varied working life; he would go on to be a waiter, a publican, a window cleaner and a publisher amongst other jobs. Told with warmth, humour, a touch of mischievousness - and more than a few coincidences - this is the fascinating story of the one and only, Brendan O'Carroll.

Brendan Carroll is the pen name for Brenda Carol Eaves who started writing books in the 80s. She wrote under a pen name because, at the time her series began, men dominated the genres of action/adventure, SciFi and lore. Having started a long series under a pen name is was almost impossible to change horses in mid-stream.Penguin Michael Joseph has acquired world rights to Call Me Mrs Brown, the first memoir by "Mrs Brown’s Boys" creator, writer and star Brendan O’Carroll.

In his own unique voice, Brendan O'Carroll strings together the threads of his life, a helter-skelter story tracing the helter-skelter journey of a scrawny kid from Finglas, Dublin to TV screens around the world, told with warmth, humour, a touch of mischievousness - and more than a few coincidences. From 1st July 2021, VAT will be applicable to those EU countries where VAT is applied to books - this additional charge will be collected by Fed Ex (or the Royal Mail) at the time of delivery. Shipments to the USA & Canada:Throughout the tough moments, Brendan always had humour and a good story to tell alongside the ever-guiding inspiration of his own Mammy, a formidable figure who became Ireland's first female Labour MP. With more time on her hands after retirement and several close family members' deaths, she now has the luxury to immerse herself into her beloved writing hobby. In retrospect, she is sad to realize that her books were never really edited or properly marketed. Even though she still cannot afford professional help, what she has learned from trial and error and self-study has improved her ability to write better books immensely. A story of humour born of pain, success wrung from adversity and of the steely ambition beneath the affable exterior - Sunday Life If you're coming to Coles by car, why not take advantage of the 2 hours free parking at Sainsbury's Pioneer Square - just follow the signs for Pioneer Square as you drive into Bicester and park in the multi-storey car park above the supermarket. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you. You don't need to shop in Sainsbury's to get the free parking! Where to Find Us Until reading this, I had no idea that next door neighbour Winnie is O'Carroll's real life sister. Mind blown.

She grew up in Southeast Texas and still considers Texas home, but has recently lived in Maine and Virginia. Her interests have changed, but her love for her characters and her imaginary world she invented for them has not subsided.

Customer reviews

But that could be dangerous. I mean, when I start to drive how will I be able to tell traffic lights?' In his own unique voice, Brendan O'Carroll strings together the threads of his life, a helter-skelter story tracing the helter-skelter journey of a scrawny kid from Finglas, Dublin to TV screens around the world. The publisher’s synopsis reads: “Born the youngest of 11 children, O’Carroll lost his carpenter father aged 10 and was brought up by his ‘mammy’, an inspirational figure who became Ireland’s first-ever female member of parliament for the Labour Party in 1953 while living in a two-bedroom tenement as a mother of 10 children. My only criticism is that where it finished. I wanted to know more. But I guess, there's another book in the dealio. Loved CALL ME MRS. BROWN though, even though I think a lot of fans may come away feeling a tad short-changed.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment