276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beneath Dark Waters

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Will the revelation of involvement from the other Gates brothers lead to answers, or by placing their trust in them will Kaj and Val be putting themselves in even more danger? I seriously miss the old Karen Rose books. There’s so much more atmosphere, suspense and a lot of mystery. You could feel the tension and the fear!!

Beneath Dark Waters ebook by Karen Rose - Rakuten Kobo

Public prosecutor J.P. “Kaj” Cardozo has only lived in New Orleans for six months, and he’s already working on a high-profile celebrity sexual assault case that’s made headlines all over the country. But when his son becomes the target of a kidnapping attempt as a threat to Kaj, he is desperate to keep him safe and turns to a private investigative firm famous for their protection services. Her debut suspense novel, DON'T TELL, was released in July, 2003. Since then, she has published fifteen more novels and two novellas. Her seventeenth novel, ALONE IN THE DARK, will be released in 2016. Prosecutor Kaj Jean-Pierre Cardoza and his son ten-year-old son Elijah are new to the New Orleans area, only being there six months. Kaj knows there is corruption in the police department and the Prosecutor’s office has had their hands full cleaning up a past ADA’s shady dealings. Kaj has been assigned two high profile cases, one where a movie star was allegedly raped by the director and one where a drug dealer beat his son’s oncologist to death when he failed to save him. Unfortunately, both put him and his son in danger. When Elijah narrowly escapes an attempted kidnapping, Kaj doesn’t trust the police to guard them and instead hires Broussard Investigations to keep them safe. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I read the first book of the New Orleans series before reading Beneath Dark Waters, and I found that the same patterns/themes carried across. This made the story quite predictable.When Val Sorensen of Burke Broussard Private Investigation Agency is assigned as Elijah’s bodyguard, she realises she also has a very personal connection to the gang thought to be behind the attempted kidnap – a run in with Sixth Day cost her brother his life. Kaj, Val, and Elijah are likeable characters. Kaj is kind, understanding, and determined to help his boss root out corruption in the area. However, he also fears for his son’s safety. Val is a Marine veteran, tenderhearted, capable, and thoughtful. However, she is also estranged from her sister Sylvie. Elijah is ten years old, smart for his age, and kindhearted. Kaj and Val seem to balance each other, but their attraction came on a little too fast. However, these strong protagonists with strong senses of determination were easy to get behind and hope that they succeed in their endeavors. Several characters from book one make an appearance in this one as well so readers can catch up on their lives as well. Some of the antagonists are known immediately while others are slowly revealed. Val Sorensen is a Marine veteran and new to the Broussard team. She takes this job very seriously and soon finds herself more than a little in love with her charge and his hot father. She also finds herself in the middle of the reasons they are in danger and those reasons put everyone around them in danger. 3 1/2-Stars

Beneath Dark Waters by Karen Rose Book Review: Beneath Dark Waters by Karen Rose

This riveting crime thriller, police procedural, and romantic suspense novel keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. The novel builds suspense in a way that pulls readers into the lives of the characters. The plot is full of chasing down leads and interviewing people as well as plenty of danger for those involved. I enjoyed how the author provided unpredictable moments and a little humor, which offset some gruesome spots in this tale. Themes include murder, abduction, relationships, families, drugs, friendship, secrets, trust, assault, torture, corruption, and much more.

Recommended For You

Antoine was right. Val had done some fine shooting, considering one of the gunmen had been using a semiautomatic rifle.” This entertaining romantic suspense title is the second in the New Orleans series and introduces us to more people in Broussard Investigations. From the first rousing chapter to the last, Scream for Me is intense, complex, and unforgettable.”— New York Times bestselling author James Patterson A meaty tome, despite there being several characters point of view Karen keeps all the plates spinning, keeping the reader interested, at times on tenterhooks, and by the end of the book all threads are concluded (I don’t know how she does it!)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment