276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nikon Mount Adapter FTZ

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The biggest gap in Nikon’s Z lineup at the moment is in telephoto lenses (roughly those going beyond 70mm). At the moment, there are only four lenses which do so:

The N-Log color profile can also be used with 10-bit HDMI output. The N-Log setting utilizes extensive color depth and twelve-stop, 1,300% dynamic range to record a wealth of tone information from highlights and shadows for more effective color grading. The Z system is very, very new. That means there aren't a lot of native lenses available for photographers who want to jump on board. The FTZ Adapter is Nikon's solution. It allows longtime Nikon SLR owners to use the lenses they already own with the Z 7 and Z 6. And it works well, matching the performance of native lenses on the Z 7 with which we tested it.Wildlife Photography Landscape Photography Micro, Macro & Close-Up Photography Sports Photography Motor Sports Photography Photojournalism Photography Street Photography Stage, Clubs, Concerts & Nightlife Photography Architecture & Industrial Photography Weddings & Social Events Photography Glamour & Portrait, Commercial & Studio Photography Travel Photography Aviation Photography Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Panorama Photography Underwater & Aquatic Photography Time-Lapse Photography Astrophotography Digital Artistry Abstract Photography Family & Pets The FTZ works with most, but not all, Nikkor lenses. If you use a modern AF-S lens, you'll have no problems. But some older, more esoteric lenses won't mount—Nikon has a guide that lists compatible lenses if you have any questions about a specific optic.

To perform the update, you will need the memory card used in the camera and a compatible card reader. The secret weapon of the Nikon Z system is the mount. It is both the largest mount for any full-frame camera system and the one which is positioned closest to the sensor (shortest flange distance). This allows Nikon’s optical engineers unprecedented flexibility when designing lenses. While my Canon EOS R expertly corrects distortion in all my old Canon EF lenses introduced since about 1990, and even shows me these corrections live in the viewfinder as I'm composing, my Nikon Z7 is inferior. An optimal lens for stills and videos that covers up to telephoto 120mm focal length while attaining high optical performance throughout the entire zoom range. There are only six Tokina lenses with specific notices about FTZ adapter incompatibility. Here they are:Adapts Canon EF lenses with often better results on my Nikon Z cameras than Nikon's own lenses give on this crappy FTZ adapter! It also works with other brands of lenses in Canon EF mount, adapting them to Nikon Z. Tamron SP Pro converters are functionally the same as the equivalent Kenko Pro 300 converters; any differences are cosmetic only. The Nikon TC-xxE and TC-xxE II converters have only cosmetic differences, but TC-xxE III converters have a new optical formula. Did you learn something valuable at Nikonians? Please let others know - Tell your colleagues, family and friends about the friendly Nikon user community Nikonians, since the year 2000 we are helping ambitious amateurs and busy professionals with their photography and Nikons. Auto, Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Flat Monochrome, Deep Tone Monochrome, Portrait, Rich Tone Portrait, Landscape, Flat,

Nikon got cheap and didn't include an autofocus motor in the FTZ, so there is no autofocus with these oldest screw-type AF lenses from the 1980s like the 50mm f/1.8 AF. You get full EXIF communication and exposure control, but no electronic manual focus aids or distortion correction.Now let’s take a look at the native lenses Nikon has released for the Z system so far – wide-angle, midrange, and telephoto: Wide-Angle Z Lenses Any FX DSLR works much better with manual focus lenses, adding correct EXIF data and faster electronic focus aids absent with this adapter. Then again, use this adapter on mirrorless and you can shoot silently with VR and much better see the limited depth-of-field with lenses shot wider than f/2.5 than you can on DSLRs. In terms of sample variance, all four of the Nikon 24-70mm f/4 S copies turned out to have very similar performance, which indicates that Nikon’s quality control has indeed increased dramatically for the S-series lenses. Having tested such lenses as the Nikon 24-120mm f/4G VR in the past, I know that sample variance can play a huge role in the overall performance of a lens. I used to own a superb copy of the 24-120mm, but I have previously seen some samples that had completely unacceptable sharpness and decentering issues. The same goes for other zoom lenses like the Nikon 16-35mm f/4G VR.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment