276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dare You to Hate Me

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What a sweet story! I love B. Celeste’s writing. She is one of those authors that can tell a story and set the scene so well that it plays out like a movie in my head as I’m reading it. I feel like I am drawn into her books and captivated by her character - this book was no exception. I don’t generally like second chance or friends-to-lovers, but this drew me in, and I think it was really well done with some angst thrown in there! Aiden melted my heart, throughout the whole book, even as a child he's always just wanted to be there for Ivy and to be what she needs. The fact that he was a virgin made him even more perfect in my eyes, it's definitely something we don't see enough in a hero but i'm so here for it. Our hero had me melting and swooning like there was no tomorrow, he was perfection. A breath of fresh air. These two just made sense together. He was her pillar of strength even when she didn't need it, she was his strength to keep him fighting for what he wanted. Even as a young chid he always tried to protect Ivy and made sure she had somewhere to go when things were tough at home. To see that carry through as an adult was so good to see.

i started getting annoyed at how repetitive it got between ivy and aiden with her pushing him away and him pushing her into confiding in him. it was a lot of pushing and there wasnt really a balance I definitely recommend this book if you're looking for a friends to lovers, YA romance with a little bit of darkness. I loved the topics that this book covers and how real the emotions and characters were portrayed. I feel like a lot of people with connect with this story. There are quite a lot of trigger warnings about sexual assault, bullying, anxiety. So bear this in mind when going into it.I did truly love Aiden though. A virgin football player who is head over heels in love with the same girl he's adored his entire life? Along with being an actual gentleman?! My ovaries cannot handle this. Seriously, it's such a rarity in the romance world to get a polite H, let alone one that is a VIRGIN, aka, not a douchebag womanizer. That my catnip, baby! His love for football wasn't his entire personality either -- he was just such an inherently good person, and I just adored him.

I love Ivy even with her flaws and endless mistakes!!! This girl's actions and reactions could characterized as wrong from the mass, but if you will read this story, you will realize that Ivy was just a broken girl who was a survivor.Skylar,” he cuts me off, seriousness washing over his usually playful features. “I’m going to tell you this once, so listen real good. There’s a big difference between agreeing to help somebody when they ask because you care about them, and having people assume you’ll help because they think you owe them something. You never have to worry about me feeling used when it comes to anything we do together. I’ll bury my face between those pretty thighs of yours any day of the week. I’ll bury plenty of other things there too if that’s what you want.” This is definitely my favorite book this month, maybe even this year. I highly recommend you grab this when it releases (march 4th!) and I look forward to B celeste's next release as always. this book was pretty good. the first half had me hooked for sure but then the second half was… kind of a turn off?? it was just repetitive and boring tbh and bad. its like 2-3 star but im feeling generous so it can have a 3 Begone! I will not hear you. There can be no community between you and me; we are enemies. Begone, or let us try our strength in a fight, in which one must fall." This Dare You to Hate Me excerpt introduces you to Aiden and Ivy, and will have you hooked from chapter one!

This is book 2 in the Lindon U series and it's DJ and Skylar's story. You don't have to have read book one, but it does help with the side characters. I would say this story covered more of the character growth and the hardships both Ivy and Aiden experienced in their lives, but there was still time for some romance. I would classify Ivy and Aiden as childhood friends to strangers to friends again to lovers. There were definitely some ups and downs between Ivy and Aiden, but the moments when the romance was upon them were pretty passionate and meaningful. The fact that Aiden was inexperienced (his first time being with Ivy) was an unexpected surprise to me because usually in sports romances books or any romance book in general, the guy is usually experienced, so for Aiden to have had his first time with Ivy, I actually found it endearing. They form an amazing friendship, which I absolutely adored. He helped Sky with building her confidence and standing up for herself. I loved how their relationship progressed. The caveman acts, unfortunately, didn't fly with me. Especially against this poor girl. Yes I know she takes the stupidest risk sometimes in attempt of her self-preservation, but dammit the caveman things just worsened it for me.

Is that what respect means to you, my dear Aiden? To not ask for sex when this girl is struggling in her life? And now you're shoving it in her face because she didn't want to go home with you on Thanksgiving??? DARE YOU TO HATE ME Is a full length New Adult | Sports Romance book by B. Celeste. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' Ivy and Aiden this book was a good read. it was easy. it was fast. it was pretty average and nothing super bad about it. idk no wow factor in it unfortunately but disappointment is nothing new at this point ;-;

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment