276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GNARBOX 2.0 SSD (256GB) - Rugged Backup Device for Your Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A built-in 5000 mAh battery provides enough juice to allow LAMBOGO to run continuously for up to 8 hours. One of the amazing things about the GNARBOX squad is that they’re constantly working to make this product the best it can be. gonzalu - a "waterproof" SD card is sealed to prevent incursion of water into the card's internals. I’ve only ever been close to draining the battery once, and it was after having used the GNARBOX for multiple days in Iceland without charging. Jon Salmon's short film Fudgie Freddie follows a struggling animator starting to transform into his most popular character, an ice cream cone named Fudgie Freddie. The practical effects and use of a single character created a simple and inexpensive story to pitch Salmon's idea for a feature is something any and every filmmaker can do.

As it boots up, you’ll see a loading bar below the GNARBOX logo, and once it’s ready, you’ll be able to ingest your card via the apps on your phone or tablet. I agree that you could copy everything to your ipad and do the culling with lightroom for example. This use case means you'd need a lot (potentially) of capacity available in your iPad Basically I want to spend very little and get perfect 10-bit video "photo" quality without compression artifacts. Is that too much to ask??? ;) We love short films here at NFS and want to celebrate some of the best horror films that we've watched in 2023. For Halloween, we created a list of our favorite horror shorts that we can watch to end the spooky season on the right foot.If you’re a traveling photographer and want the best product to keep your processes flowing with no down time, look no further than the GNARBOX. When do Photographers's life become more & more pressed? Do we have to plan the session, manage light, shooting hundreds per day before editing it (almost) instanteneously despite resting in harsh environment? Couple that with poor availability, strong reliance on third-party proprietary app and niche positioning, and you have a recipe for disaster. All that said, it does surprise me that the app is missing from the App Store. When TriggerTrap went under years ago, the company went to great lengths to make sure their app was still available on the App Store after their demise. IIRC, they even gave away their IP to another company in an effort to preserve the value of their hardware for their existing customer base. It makes no sense to me that the Gnarbox app was removed from the App Store. Anyone still using an older version of iTunes that manages apps should be able to manually load it into an iPhone or iPad if they can get their hands on it somehow. For now, I just connect my MS Surface tablet , which is basically a computer) to the camera and copy files that way, but I don't always carry (or like to carry) the tablet around.

While there’s an option to not ingest already uploaded images (found that after this mistake), I wish there was a notification that would pop up when the card is fully loaded and ready to ingest. On that note though, the company does say that the LamboGo is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. What I find amusing is that the reeason for not making it user upgradeable was that it was IP6-rated and that the shipped product was not having same rating. All attempts at communication with current GNARBOX ownership have gone unanswered, and due to ongoing legal matters regarding the company, Feess was unable to comment further or explain why he and the other employees from GNARBOX are no longer with the company. What Happened to GNARBOX?R Video - guess you never heard of JAILBREAKING? Take an old defunct apple 6 and have a good time.... geesh!

Let’s have a look at my workflow, including a couple of workarounds for the times things don’t go to plan. This release resolves an intermittent bug which caused issues connecting the Sony MRW-G1 XQD/CFexpress card reader for some users.” If you have used the original Gnarbox, you will be surprised to find that all the image and video editing tools have completely disappeared – you no longer have the capability to edit content. I personally welcome this change, since creating an editing app is painful and redundant when there are so many existing ones that simply work better. I think Gnarbox management fully understood that they cannot compete with much more powerful and capable apps like Lightroom for mobile and iMovie, so they decided to simplify the app and only provide more basic review / culling options. One of the key components of a traveling photographer is managing storage. How are we going to keep the photos we take safe? I was very excited about the Gnarbox, but as of today, I cannot say that it can replace a laptop. Not even close… Where to BuyPeople often laugh at me and claim that I have to adapt to new technology when I say that I avoid products that don't maintain more or less full functionality using whatever buttons and displays are on the products itself, and without being dependent on some "app" that is supposed to work with a third party product like a phone. The Gnarbox is typically the kind of product that I avoid for this reason, and it has saved me many headaches. ProRes Video Support: For videographers who need to preview their footage GNARBOX supports ProRes and other codecs typically used in video production to review their footage before leaving the set.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment