276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fujifilm 16642965 X100V Mirrorless Digital Camera, Silver

£43.45£86.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For critical use, use a value of -0.7 in Photoshop's Lens Distortion Filter to correct it, however just like the SUMMICRON-M ASPH, the distortion is complex and never completely corrects with simple tools. The Fuji X100 does a better job faster of balancing flash and ambient light than any camera I've ever used, and that includes being better than the previous leader, Nikon SLRs. Nikon does a more consistent job in direct sunlight, but the X100 is better balancing flash under a much broader range of conditions down to dim indoor light. The FinePix X100 was the first camera to show a number of new technologies developed by Fujifilm. These include a hybrid viewfinder which allows the user to choose between a conventional optical viewfinder with an electronic overlay, or an electronic viewfinder. [7] The combination of APS-C sized CMOS sensor, EXR processor and 23mm (35mm equivalent) fast aperture lens was also a first. [8] Reception [ edit ]

The X100V is the fifth version of this design, and has Fujifilm’s latest 26.1-megapixel X-Trans processor, a new and superior lens and a new tilting touchscreen. There are some ergonomic enhancements too, but fundamentally this is the same design that has developed a cult following amongst enthusiast and pro photographers. It's clearly set to be one of the best Fujifilm cameras for fans of the brand, and certainly one of the best compact cameras for enthusiasts. The fixed focal length lens limits it a little as a travel camera, but its slim body certainly makes it portable enough.The EVF is useless for previewing exposure in Manual exposure mode because it continues to vary its own gain as the subject changes.

a b Westlake, Andy (January 2013). "Fujifilm X100S First Look". Digital Photography Review . Retrieved 11 March 2013. An X100 costs less than a used 35mm SUMMICRON. Instead of buying a SUMMICRON for your M9, throw an X100 in your bag, keep your 90mm on your M9, and you're set for anything without changing lenses. With the electronic shutter, you can get an incredible 20 FPS, with the buffer filling after 32 JPEGS or 17 RAWs. Digital Photography Review gave it a score of 81%, criticising its autofocus and video capabilities but noting "there's currently nothing to touch it in terms of the size/price/image quality balance it offers and the style with which it does so". [27] A key feature on the new X100V is the rear touchscreen display which can now be tilted. (Image credit: Rod Lawton/Digital Camera World) Key featuresLight falloff is invisible, even at f/2. I've greatly exaggerated it here by shooting a gray field and presenting it against another gray field. High-ISO Comparisons of the Nikon D1, D3 (D700), D4, D800, D7000 and Canon 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III and Fuji X-Pro1 and X100 06 April 2012 The fake leather is a bit slippery, nowhere near as good as the LEICA M3's rubbery Vulcanite of the 1950s.

The X100 is so efficient with its use of flash power that I've never had to wait for it to recycle. it's always there, and I leave it on all the time for most of my photos. It's that good. The Fujifilm X100 is not intended for inexperienced photographers. It has no green AUTO setting or GPS BS, and its menu system will confuse even the best photographers at first. a b "A comparison between the X100T and X100S". www.fujivsfuji.com. Fuji vs Fuji . Retrieved 25 March 2015.Fuji's PR says that the video mode "lets users create a soft out-of-focus image — a capability not available in conventional compact cameras," which I find to be true. The only thing they failed to mention is that the subject is usually soft and out of focus, too. In most cases, the prizes were awarded for the combination of technology and picture quality, but the X100 has also received plaudits for its design outside the photography market, coming top of Stuff magazine's Cool List for 2011 [11] and in October 2012 receiving Good Design Award from Good Design Award (Japan). [12] Digital Photography Review gave it a score of 75% and a silver award, noting that it "combines excellent image quality, solid build and a superb viewfinder with somewhat sluggish and quirky operation", adding that "It's been much improved by multiple firmware updates since its initial incarnation, and despite its flaws, is now a very likeable camera indeed .". [13] Issues [ edit ] Even with positive exposure compensation, the image may be way too light, but the highlights have a scanned filmlike histogram and almost never actually clip (bunch up at the far right point of the histogram). XXI TIPA AWARDS 2011". Technical Image Press Association. Archived from the original on April 24, 2011 . Retrieved April 13, 2012. The touchscreen is excellent too – I love being able to use it as if I were viewing images on my iPhone, and the tap-to-shoot feature is something all compact mirrorless cameras should have.

Video results are pretty bad. I prefer the video from my iPod Touch because it's sharper and sounds better. The X100 doesn't meet its specified macro distance of 0.1 meter (4 inches). The actual closest focus distance, as measured from the image plane, is actually only 0.135 meters (5.3 inches). However, for me at least, it rarely works properly. I’m not sure if it’s iOS related (I don’t have an Android device to compare), but the getting the WiFi and Bluetooth to pair consistently is definitely a mixed bag.ISO dial’s collar remains up when twisting, as opposed to you having to pull it while turning on X100F TIPA - TECHNICAL IMAGE PRESS ASSOCIATION - This year's awards". www.tipa.com (in Italian). Archived from the original on 2020-12-09 . Retrieved 2017-10-24. Nikon and Canon do the same things with the effective ISO when their dynamic-range optimization systems are enabled, but their software is designed not to scare anyone and conceal the fact that they've also bumped-up their ISOs. While the X100V won’t be winning any focus awards, it’s good enough for my personal shooting needs, and a marked improvement on the X100F. The top and bottom covers are magnesium alloy — the LEICA M9 is just brass. Some marking are engraved, while others are just painted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment