276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Three Weddings and a Proposal: One summer, three weddings, and the shocking phone call that changes everything . . .

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A fascinating story, full of twists and turns... Full of tension, honesty and compassion, Sheila's wonderful novel kept me guessing right until the end'— Gill Thompson This book had me jumping this way and that, trying to decide which characters could be trusted . . . and then changing my mind. A highly enjoyable read— Imogen Clark

I turned down lots of them before my mother accepted one for me (I was on holiday at the time). It was in the Central Bank of Ireland and that’s how my career in financial services began. A tale that gives the bookworm a sense of comfort, a cast that easy to relate to and real life experiences and circumstances. Naime, Delfi Mertens je sjajna u svom poslu, kao izvršna sekretarica u multinacionalnoj kompaniji "Koseča", sve do iznenadne smrti njenog šefa nakon čega njen dotada uređeni život kreće nizbrdo, rastrzana između šefove "skoro" bivše žene i njegove ljubavnice, podele zaostavštine svog šefa, potrage za novim poslom, ispunjavanja očekivanja njene porodice da se uda, Delfin zadatak je da ponovo pronađe sebe u novonastalim okolnostima.This book focuses on family dynamics, sibling rivalry along with honesty, trust and communication and taking chances. Delphie needs her friends and family more than ever, and when Conrad dies she’s unwittingly finds herself the central focus of a family that has never really understood her attachment to work and single life. The bantering and opinions of the family thrust upon her from all angles was so typical of any large family, each vying for airspace when what Delphie needed and wanted was quiet and space to think - she’d lost not just a good friend in her boss but her job and her life. I think Sheila's descriptions are particularly vivid. I could visualise each of the family as clearly as if she was describing people I knew and could see that Delphie just needed time to come to terms to her situation and assess her options - she’s a strong, bold character and no walkover but her edges are not all sharp and angular, she has a very caring side and is loyal to those around her to the end. Reading a Sheila O’Flanagan novel always feels like sitting down for a cup of tea with a friend– she writes with such warmth and empathy’ Beth O’Leary A story of female friendships, work challenges and also life challenges as Delphie works out what she wants from life and what is important to her. The book primarily concerns the career of Delphine and how the news she receives destabilises her position within the company as gatekeeper and glorified secretary to the CEO. I found Delphie a bit of a contradiction as she is at pains to point out how indispensable she is to the company and how she has expanded her role to give input to investment decisions yet runs errands such as collecting keys and jewellery for the women in Conrad’s life. She is also far too good to be true about everything from corporate responsibility to charitable enterprises within the firm, even when her own career is in free fall. That her main opponent within the firm is a misogynist and archetypal bad guy who wants to do away with the companies ethical attitude is all too predictable. Delphie is enjoying her brother’s wedding. Her surprise last-minute Plus One has stunned her family – and it’s also stopped any of them asking again why she’s still single. But when she sees all the missed calls that evening, she knows it can’t be good news. And she’s right.

Believable, warmly drawn characters, a perfectly paced story and a satisfying ending; just what I've come to expect from this accomplished writer. Do I rejoice when a new Sheila O'Flanagan book hits the shelves? I do.— Roisin Meaney Delphie is a high-flying career woman, a senior executive in a Dublin financial services firm, where she organizes both the business and personal affairs of its chairman, Declan. She’s ambitious, smart and highly respected by staff and clients alike. Her future has never looked better. That is, until a tragic accident sends it spinning out of control. I really enjoyed Three Weddings and a Proposal . . . Reading a Sheila O'Flanagan novel always feels like sitting down for a cup of tea with a friend - she writes with such warmth and empathy— Beth O’LearyI received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review. Three Weddings and a Proposal has much more on offer than what one may assume at first glance. Enjoy the lightheartedness, but appreciate that this book is about recognising your own strength and staying true to what makes you happy. Yes, there will be pressures from those near and far but remember ... you always have choices.

Dilemmas, uncertainty of the future and self discovery are explored in the plot, with the realisation that not everything is going to be perfect. Delfi sam doživela kao jednu vrstu ljudskog robota, skroz bez emocija, pa i u momentima kad je zaplakala nisam osetila ništa. Indeed, I thought Delphie was fantastic. Her experience of working in a male dominated environment, her relationship with Ed and her friendship with Sheedy and Erin held my attention completely. Reading Three Weddings and a Proposal completely transported me into their world. What I thought worked so well was that the men are not all useless idiots that sometimes happens in women’s fiction. Here they have identity, flaws and attractions that made the whole story all the more real.Each wedding of a glorious summer brings a new surprise. And as everything Delphie thought she had is threatened, she has the chance to reshape her future . . .

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment