276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When we think of extending our lifespans, we think a lot about our physical health —how well our bodies function. And that’s important, but just as important is our mental health. Throughout our lives, we experience different stressors that can cause strain on our mental health. When we start to experience those mental health issues, we “die” in a sense. Dr. Peter’s goal is to reduce those early “deaths” as much as possible. Attia, Peter (9 February 2022). "10 years! I remember the day I became a U.S. citizen like it was yesterday. ..." Facebook. Meta . Retrieved 12 May 2023. When I ask Attia how much it costs to sign up for treatment at Early Medical, he sounds rather coy. “It varies – it’s not a fixed fee. It’s a little more in the first year and then the cost sort of ratchets down because we’re doing more work early on.” But here’s the problem: We’re living longer, but our quality of life is decreasing. Aging often comes with significant physical problems that are increasingly tough to deal with. As we get older, we may develop knee or hip problems, hearing or vision loss, or even memory problems. These things have a significant impact on our lives and our families — so how can we stay healthier longer?

It may be the most powerful chapter for healthcare providers (particularly men) to read. A great extension of Terrence Real’s “I Don’t Want to Talk About It”. Let’s talk a little bit about the difference between lifespan and health span because there’s a really key distinction between them. Our lifespan is the amount of time we live, and it is steadily growing longer. We’re living to reach older and older ages than ever before, which is great. The problem is that we may be living longer, but we’re living with chronic health conditions that significantly lower our quality of life.And fasting for longer periods comes at a price. “You are virtually guaranteed to miss your protein intake with this approach,” he says. “One not uncommon scenario that we see with TR is that a person loses weight on the scale, but their body composition alters for worse: they lose lean mass (muscle) while their body fat stays the same or even increases,” says Attia. Comments that harass other posters will be deleted. Please be respectful toward other contributors. I strongly urge my patients to limit alcohol to fewer than seven servings per week, and ideally no more than two on any given day, and I manage to do a pretty good job adhering to this rule myself."

From 2001 to 2006, Attia specialized in surgical oncology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. [4] During this time, he also undertook research at the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland, focusing on cancer immunotherapy for melanoma. [5] Alcohol serves no nutritional or health purpose but is a purely hedonistic pleasure that needs to be managed,” says Attia. Woof. So why not give it a try today? Experience the power of speech and discover why Speechify has become one of the world’s leading audiobook services. FAQ Does Peter Attia take metformin?I work in Oncology, so for the chapter on Cancer, I would have talked about beauty and household products. Many of the foods we eat have carcinogens, but also our beauty products, our clothes, our household products. We are basically in a giant fishbowl of carcinogens. I use apps like Yuka, Bobby Approved, and Healthy Living to scan products before I buy them. My training is very specific, but now it is fundamentally organized around four pillars: … Stability, strength, mitochondrial or aerobic efficiency, and anaerobic performance.” – Dr. Peter Attia

Peter Attia takes metformin, as he has openly discussed in interviews with longevity researcher Nir Barzilai and on other occasions. What diet does Peter Attia follow? If we are going to use a powerful tool like fasting, we must do so carefully and deliberately,” he says. Timing matters. You could skip breakfast or dinner to shorten your eating window, “but in my view, sixteen hours without food simply isn’t long enough to activate autophagy, inhibit chronic mTOR elevation (mTOR is a gene that regulates protein production and helps you build muscle, but too much is linked to diseases like diabetes and cancer ( 2, 3)), or engage any other longer-term benefits of fasting we would want to obtain,” he adds. One thing I didn't know is you can't overeat protein - if you do so your body just excretes it. However if you overeat carbs or fats your body has to store those, and this is the major cause of weight gain. His chapter on how to measure your blood results and eat healthier was nothing new but a good overview. And finally, the fourth thing that significantly affects our chances of getting Type 2 diabetes is stress. In other words — we have to learn how to manage the causes of stress and anxiety in our lives. And for that, Dr. Peter recommended therapy. But what, I wonder, about vegans? “You’re just going to have to work a lot harder and pay attention to amino acid quality,” he says.This book provides insight into the struggles and challenges of managing a successful business. It offers key advice on how to navigate complex decisions and confront failure head-on. Horowitz’s renowned expertise in the tech industry makes this an indispensable guide for entrepreneurs and aspiring business leaders alike. How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan I recently had the opportunity to listen to the audiobook version of "Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity," and it was an enlightening and thought-provoking experience. The link to the audiobook can be found here Outlive: The Science and Art of Longevity, allowing you to explore the fascinating world of longevity and healthy living. The fundamental assumption underlying the diet wars, and most nutrition research—that there is one perfect diet that works for every single person—is absolutely incorrect,” Attia writes in his new book, Outlive. Why you should forget about diets, and focus instead on nutritional biochemistry, using technology and data to personalize your eating pattern.

A pause. “Go exercise! How much does it cost to really educate people to exercise? That doesn’t matter how much money you have. Now, I’m not so naive as to think that a single mom who’s working three jobs won’t have less time to exercise. Clearly, there will be gaps in outcomes, but I don’t think those gaps have to be enormous.” I would recommend this book to anyone who is trying to improve their fitness, their health, and their chances of living into old age as an active and healthy individual. What sets "Outlive" apart is its comprehensive approach. It covers a wide range of topics, including nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, and mental well-being, providing a holistic perspective on longevity. The author's expertise and passion for the subject shine through, making it an engaging and informative listen. I found myself inspired and motivated to adopt healthier habits after listening to "Outlive." It offers a roadmap for making meaningful lifestyle changes that can have a profound impact on our well-being and longevity.Dr. Peter is the perfect person to talk to about health and longevity, and I’m excited to have him on The School of Greatness today! In fact, our conversation was so fascinating, that I decided to split it into two episodes! In Part One, we talked about how mental health affects longevity, daily practices you can do to live a longer and healthier life, and all the details on Type 2 diabetes. This episode is informative, and I know you’ll get a lot of value from it. Let’s dive in! Who Is Dr. Peter Attia?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment