276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Filco Majestouch-2 Full Size Tactile Action UK Keyboard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have been using apple keyboards all my professional work time and have never expected what it means to work on a keyboard that is as heavy and rigid as this one! The Ninja style is absolutely awesome. It is the perfect combination of not needing to look at the keys anymore (since as a developer you know all your keys anyway) and the option to have a look at the keys if you want to because the front side labeling enables you to see the printings from the corner of your eye. Its brilliant! How does the saying go? It’s better late than never. And today couldn’t be more true, because I’m going to finally publish my Filco Majestouch 2 Review. Because I’ve been using it for over two years, I have lots and lots of points to discuss.

Filco keyboards are a Japanese brand manufactured by the Diatec Corporation based in Tokyo’s Chiyoda-ku neighborhood. Diatec Corporation was established on June 17th, 1982. Well that is great. But I can be short about this. I compared this to a Majestouch 1 keyboard with Cherry MX Blues (see picture below), and without opening her up, I could find no difference in feel or otherwise whatsoever. There are plenty of things to love with Filco’s keyboards. They design and manufacture their keyboards to perfection, which easily justifies their high-price tag. Furthermore, the way how they prioritize the typing experience of their keyboards easily makes Filco’s offerings a step above competing gaming keyboards. The Filco MINILA series of keyboards is the company’s first new design since the Majestouch 2 in 2011. There are several things that make these keyboards unique from Filco’s other products. Our new software is designed for gamers who want a premium keyboard that meets a professional usage.

Contents

The Filco Majestouch 2SS is an evolution of the Majestouch 2. It features the same durable build quality and excellent typing feel. But this time around, Filco has updated both the aesthetics and the internals of this keyboard.

Even Filco has its own double-shot PBT keycaps. However, the Majestouch Ninja is still relevant thanks to its unique aesthetic. It can also be removed when not needed. Also, since it is a separate device, it can be reprogrammed as a Macro pad. The Filco Majestouch Tenkeypad can be bought in a variety of colors and switch options to match your main Filco keyboard. So yeah, i'm looking for a nice keyboard, mechanical this time, great for code but also for gaming. This keyboard was the perfect match, so i took it.Don’t get me wrong, the box is made with good quality, strong cardboard that should hopefully protect the keyboard whilst in transit, it’s just a bit boring in terms of the unboxing experience. The very first Majestouch keyboard was released in December 2004. The keyboard unsurprisingly sported a Japanese layout and used Cherry MX Brown switches. In addition, when performing the initial return, MK insisted that it was "an issue with the computer hardware". This, despite me saying in my initial report that I observed the same behavior on six different computers from three different manufacturers. I cannot understand how it could be "an issue with the computer hardware" (whatever that means) when half a dozen different machines exhibit the same problem. This was my first experience with mechanical keyboards, and it was overall frustrating. The keycaps that come with the Majestouch Lumi S are very similar to those with the Majestouch 2SS, and this means that you can expect the same high-quality plastic material and printing used on those keycaps. It takes 1 week for deliver, which is a very nice performance, and i have to say that KeyboardCo and Royal Mail were very efficient on the delivery, and that's very nice.

As we have mentioned earlier, Filco’s keyboards have a minimalistic design and do not feature RGB. While this isn’t a deal-breaker for most consumers, some may wish to have some sort of lighting for their keyboard. Alan M08/10/2020The short version: This is a good, solid, no frills, professional mechanical keyboard. If you need one for work, this is a good one to get. The Majestouch 2 Convertible supports both USB and PS/2 wired connections, and can pair with up to four concurrent Bluetooth devices. Four DIP switches on the base let the user: [1] I’m joking of course, but the sentiment remains, it survived a complete dowsing in H20 and survived. If it can survive that, it’ll cope with just about any thing you can throw at it. You can just about see the ‘greasy’ sheen from the ABS keycaps. Typing Performance & Switches I also loved that they included a FILCO branded velcro cable tidy, a nice additional touch. I’ll most certainly make use of it.The most famous line of Filco keyboards in the West is the Majestouch line. The Majestouch line has had one major revision and many minor ones. There also have been a number of limited edition variants produced. Let’s have a look at the most interesting ones. The collapsible feet: Initially I was concerned they might be weak, but they're actually pretty sturdy and give a good angle at their fixed height. I've never had one give way while typing, or go loose while moving the keyboard. I spoke with Bruce who was most helpful and didn't try to hard sell any particular keyboard. If in doubt speak to the team.

The Majestouch-2 came out in mid 2011. On the surface, the Majestouch-2 looks quite similar to the earlier edition as most of the changes were made to the printed circuit board (PCB) that lies at the heart of the keyboard. The PCB has been made out of a more resilient material that is better suited to the physical stresses of being typed upon. The solder pads go through the holes drilled in the board and the PCB is also more heat-resistant to allow for better initial soldering. The Filco Majestpuch 2 S is very similar to the regular Majestouch 2. The only difference is that it is utilizing Cherry MX Silent switches. These switches make this keyboard an ideal tool for those who dislike the sound than standard Cherry MX switches make or for professionals who need to work in a quiet environment. It's heavy and has rubber feet on all four corners, so it doesn't slip or slide on my desk. I'd prefer to have routing options for the cable, but the centre position is actually fine for how I have my desk aligned at the moment. It doesn't have a USB hub which would be useful, and doesn't it have fancy LEDs which aren't useful to me. This is a review of the Diatec Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless keyboard, the ISO 88 key version with Cherry MX Blue switches and UK layout (Model FKBNMC/UKB2). This review unit was made available to me by the Keyboard Company, where this keyboard is listed for 103 EUR, along with several other versions (different switches and different layouts). The keyboard will be returned after review. You can buy a keyboard with more features for less money and you can also spend a lot more money than I did on this already expensive keyboard. Personally, media buttons, flashy lights and macros don't add value to me so I wasn't bothered with them. If you want a specific keyboard for gaming with macros and other gaming specific keyboards then this probably isn't for you. If you type things for a living then this is the perfect keyboard for you.According to the official product info, the "PC board got all renewed! It devliers you a better duration, quality and typing feel! Double layers is adopted for a new board. Through a hole of each switch has been firmly soldered. With this, it can release any excess load or vibration that you make when you type in to a board not only to a metal plate inside. It enables you to enjoy a better typing feel!" It is also more reliable since Filco assures that the solder joints won’t easily wear off over time. In a lot of ways, the Majestouch 2’s minimalistic design and focus on the typing experience serve as a precursor to the custom keyboards that have become popular in today’s market. The FILCO Majestouch Stingray is another variation of the Majestouch 2. What makes this model special is its Cherry MX Low Profile switches ( total key travel of 3.2mm and a 1.2mm actuation). This allows the keyboard to perform similarly to laptop/ chiclet-style keyboards. To finally separate both halves, insert the metal spudger, screwdriver or butter knife between the upper and lower case halves and work them apart. I thought I’d destroyed a perfectly good keyboard as it stopped working immediately, it also caused some crazy things to happen with my PC such as opening programs on it’s own and eventually shut it’s self down.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment