276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tableau Anti-Tarnish Lacquer, Easy to Use Spray Lacquer to Keep Bright Metals Including Silver, Copper and Brass Shiny. 200ml

£12.475£24.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging . As a means of cleaning out old polish from details, they can have their uses but the finish is never as bright as that given by mechanical polishing. Everbrite is also easy to apply, self leveling clear protective coating that will keep exterior copper or architectural copper from tarnishing. Once centuries of patina have been cleaned off, that distinguished deep dull brown cannot be regained.

Rad pipes top out at about 90deg, most condensing systems with suitably sizes rads, more like 65 these days. I pulled the aluminum strips out and shot 'em with a DuPont automotive clear while the strawboard received a protective coat of McDonald photographic lacquer to protect the latex faux painting treatment. The time between maintenance coats is dependent on proper application of the coating, number of coats initially applied, the environment, and general use and abuse. A hairdryer or heated fan can be used every so often to introduce heat and circulation to the area after it is coated to speed curing. Tableau anti-tarnish lacquer spray is the easy way to give long term protection to all bright metals, including silver, copper and brass.New Brass and Copper lacquer tints are finished in the UK and are delivered in about 15 - 18 working days. This will also help remove any polish residues and draw out any moisture that may be in the pores of the metal.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. It would be nice to use capilliary soldered fittings with polished pipes, but then you run the risk of white runs where the solder has wetted some of the pipe. My conclusion was that the atmosphere may be too humid or cold so I cleaned off the lacquer and tried again in my house. Just yesterday I did a couple samples that were faux painted strawboard (same as MDF except uses wheat straw instead of wood fiber) that had decorative brushed aluminum strips down one side. Having said this the copper would conduct the heat through so I guess that it would not crack or melt the lacquer unless the there was directly applied heat.

I was advised many years ago not to do anything with copper as it oxidises which forms a protection. Care should be taken to select lacquers designated by the manufacturers as suitable for use on copper, brass and other copper alloys that include a tarnish inhibitor such as benzotriazole or suitable alternative in their composition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment