276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Personal MBA: A World-Class Business Education in a Single Volume

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Personal MBA 10th Anniversary Edition provides a clear overview of the essentials of every major business topic: entrepreneurship, product development, marketing, sales, negotiation, accounting, finance, productivity, communication, psychology, leadership, systems design, analysis, and operations management…all in one comprehensive volume. I read The Personal MBA cover to cover when it was first released and it had a major impact on how I view business. It’s incredible how Josh was able to distill hundreds of books and hundreds of years of business knowledge into this succinct and elegant tome." ROB WALLING, co-founder of MicroConf and bestselling author of Start Small, Stay Small Audience Aggregation - Get the attention of a group of people with certain characteristics, then sell access in the form of advertising to another business looking to reach that audience. Some of my favourite quotes (but there are plenty of brilliant quotes in the book since every small chapter starts with a quote that will send you down a rabbit hole of new discoveries):

Conservation of energy (from the Human Mind section): ”Conservation of energy explains why some people stay in dead-end jobs for decades, even though they know the position isn’t great. If the work if ok, the bills get paid, and the job never becomes stressful or frustrating enough to violate expectations, people generally won’t go out of their way to get a promotion, find another job, or start a new business.” - (p. 196) It's not a bad book. The opening section is persuasive in arguing against assuming the debt of an MBA program (although that's not something I was considering anyway). The examples can feel slight, but Kaufman is good at harnessing them to provide food for thought. Global MBA: Global MBAs (sometimes called international MBAs) are similar to traditional two-year MBAs but with a focus on international business principles and strategies. Students tend to come from countries around the world. This could be a good option for students who wish to work at international companies. Sometimes global MBA programs offer or require a study abroad component.Yourself - Psychological principles. This one was a big surprise for me, I didn’t expect a section like this in a business book and I found it to be very helpful for the stage I am at. Agency - Market and sell an asset or service you don’t own on behalf of a third-party, then collect a percentage of the transaction price as a fee.

There is an appendix full of book recommendations broken into various categories if you want to learn more. Another appendix lists 49 questions to help you assess how you're doing and approaching your life.Josh has done more for my business education than my MBA. The Personal MBA walks you through the mental models you need to excel in business. A lifetime of business knowledge in one volume.” SHANE PARRISH, founder of Farnam Street and host of 'The Knowledge Project' podcast

Online MBA programs through accredited universities, like the iMBA from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, offer access to the same professors and learning materials as on-campus programs with the added benefit of a flexible schedule. You can learn from virtually anywhere on a desktop or mobile device—no need to quit your job or relocate to attend a highly ranked business school. The training you receive in an MBA Program prepares you to deal with ambiguity and provides a buffer against uncertainty,” says Hayden Noel, Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Illinois. “You would be better equipped to take advantage of changing opportunities post-COVID. You will also become more effective as a leader and better understand the different functions of your organization. This leads to more positive outcomes in your current job.”Josh's TEDx talk on The First 20 Hours is one of the top 25 most-viewed TED talks published to date, with over 22 million views on YouTube. The Pricing Uncertainty All prices are malleable. Raising your prices is the best way to dramatically increase profitability-if you know how to support the price you're asking. On publication, the international edition of The Personal MBA was the the #1 bestselling nonfiction book in the United Kingdom, and remained #1 for two consecutive months. The Personal MBA has also been used as a textbook for business courses at Stanford University, New York University, Howard University, and Portland State University. MBA degrees are not the only type of advanced business degrees. Some students instead pursue a Master of Science (MS) business degree. Learn more about deciding whether an MBA or MS is right for you. Types of MBA programs The Personal MBA recommended reading list is the tangible result of thousands of hours of reading, research, discussion, and evaluation. Each book in the list has been selected for a single purpose: to maximize your educational return on invested time.

The Personal MBA should be required reading for anyone in business. This book exposed me to ideas, systems, and best practices that I had never been taught anywhere else. Even after ten years, I still reference it on a regular basis. Buy it, read it, then keep it close. It’ll be your constant business companion for years to come.” Methods to Increase There are only four ways a business can bring in more money. Do you know what they are? Ways to Evaluate a Market: Some business ideas are better than others. Before you quit your job and invest your life savings, you should know how to evaluate new business ideas before you begin. There are ten critical factors you need to consider...Ocr tesseract 5.3.0-3-g9920 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9724 Ocr_module_version 0.0.21 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA409699 Openlibrary_edition I invite the author, Mr. Josh Kaufman, to a debate - a live Facebook feed or whatever format he prefers. If I loose the debate, I will personally buy 100,000 copies of his new book and donate them to Universities or to institutions of his choice. If he loses the debate, he is to correct the mistakes in this book with the help from a community of business leaders who have MBA's.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment