276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Cornish Midwife: The top 10 bestselling uplifting escapist read from Jo Bartlett (The Cornish Midwife Series Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although I can't say much more, this is not a sob story, but an inspiring, delightful, and beautiful HEA story, so go grab it.

The Cornish Midwife: The perfect A Summer Wedding For The Cornish Midwife: The perfect

A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife is a story of a strong woman, whose life is just about perfect. She has the job that she loves, lovely friends and a fiance that she loves more than anything. They are planning a wedding, renovating a house and generally looking forward to what's to come. Content Consideration: infertility, degenerative disease, a difficult health diagnosis, disabilities This made me understand the initial reaction of Ella, but it also makes me think she was a bit of drama queen in the last part of the book as she already mapped the worst case scenario and was ready to let the illness win. Brand new from the top 10 bestselling author of The Cornish Midwife. Perfect for fans of Call The MidwifeA secret love...As winter descends on the coastal town of Port Agnes, midwife Toni Samuels' mood is as dark as the winter clouds that roll in. To...

Ella and Dan's relationship is tested to the limit when Ella is given a devastating diagnosis after she collapses. Continuing a strong theme of women supporting women, A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife by Jo Bartlett is #7 in the heartfelt Cornish Midwife series. A Change Of Heart For The Cornish Midwife tells Ella and Dans story. Ella and Dan a due to be married when Dans pregnant sister causes them to change the date. The story focuses on Ella again as she is preparing to marry Dan but receives some unexpected news about her health. It is a powerful well written story and emotional at times. There are some hard subjects covered but the author handles them with great care.

The Cornish Midwife (8 book series) Kindle Edition

Beautifully written, with a storyline that's as heartbreaking as it is heartwarming. A Change of Heart is a story of hope, relationships put to the test and the power of love. I have dealt with one of the conditions mentioned and I have a close friend with a similar diagnosis to Ella so reading this was emotional at times. I did feel, however, that the author has written about this very well. Ella and Dan’s path to marriage certainly isn’t a smooth one – with work on their new home progressing apace and the wedding date drawing nearer, they need to postpone it again when an important member of the family (for very good reasons) isn’t able to be there. A new date is fixed – but they then face a whole new set of problems when Ella’s numbness in her limbs and disturbances to her vision prove to be considerably more serious than they could have ever thought. The story centres on their emotional response to the situation, and how they deal with it – Ella in denial, continuing to train for a fund-raising marathon, concerned about her ability to continue doing the work she loves, Dan being as practical as he can be in preparing for the future. But the whole situation is considerably more complicated than that – they’re both wrestling with a range of considerations and, at a time when they should be closer than ever, the issues begin to drive them apart. This one was one that hit close to home as I lived the trauma of a life changing diagnosis twice in the last years and I know the rollercoaster of emotions. Diabetes is bit less dramatic than MS, but it can kill you unless you decide to change your lifestyle and that’s what I had to do.

I read some critics about Ella not accepting help, I think this can happen as you don’t want pity and want to be treated like a “normal” person. The focus is our main character Ella who is dealing with a heavy physical diagnosis and her emotional journey as she rethinks her career which she is passionate about, and her beloved fiance. I believe this gives readers an idea on what the patient and immediate family and close friends would go through in such a situation.

the Cornish Midwife - Goodreads A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife - Goodreads

This is the start of sad events that change the future for Ella and Dan. Jo writes beautifully about how being diagnosed with a life changing condition can test even the strongest relationship.Thanks #NetGalley @BoldwoodBooks for a complimentary e ARC of #AChangeOfHeartForTheCornishMidwife upon my request. All opinions are my own. A Change of Heart for the Cornish Midwife is going to tug at those heartstrings and have you feeling those big feelings. The characters are the best part of the Cornish Midwife series. Each installment in the series focuses on a character who works as a midwife in the community and faces a personal life crisis. In this story, Ella faces a difficult health diagnosis and life with a disability. We witness her fear, resiliency, and determination. This latest Cornish Midwife story is well up to the standards of its predecessors. In addition to the ongoing romances amongst the team, there are some darker themes when some characters and patients are faced with some serious health issues which are life changing. Facing up to such news and recalibrating your expectations for their lives proves to be a challenge for some and adds a certain bite to the story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment