276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tabac Original Shaving Soap Bowl 125 g

£5.34£10.68Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As mentioned above, it's either a YMMV type of situation or star-aligned(or else...). The lather is not as good as the Synthetic but, it's closer to the Synthetic than the boar brush. The good side is that the scent can be covered up very easily, so if you have a good aftershave that you like, this is probably going to be something you can overcome. Ingredients

Tabac | SEPHORA UK

IMO, the demise of traditional mass produced tallow based hard shave soaps is a loss. I bemoan the marketeers being put in charge of the firms that used to make these soaps. This is yet another manifestation of finance capitalism swallowing up whole our heritage of industrial capitalism.TABAC ORIGINAL is a sophisticated composition fragranced with peppery-spicy notes and elegantly rounded off by exotic woods, musk, ambergris and a floral complex. An unmistakable fragrance with a discreet presence. There's a new version of the Tabac shaving soap. The reviewed version will be refered to as the "new" formulation. The rich lather and texture are very nice and soft, perfect for a safety razor and several days worth of growth.

Tabac Original Shaving Soap - Sharpologist Review: Tabac Original Shaving Soap - Sharpologist

Note: if you or nearby loved ones are sensitive or allergic to perfumes or perfume chemical compounds, perhaps do not use this product as it may cause a negative reaction.) It is very protective when you shave, acting like a pre-shave oil while also being a good shaving soap on its own. For this article I spent a week shaving with each soap, using a Merkur 34C razor with Feather blades. To test the duration of the soaps’ fragrance, I applied Nivea’s Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm after most shaves. The Nivea balm isn’t completely scent-free but its fragrance is very mild.It is much thinner, of course. However, it will still be more than enough for you to shave with a safety razor and be protected. How is the Texture? Ease of lathering: As with the original formula, I scored this a 5 with a badger brush and 3 with a synthetic for an average of 4. But there was a major difference between the original’s lather and the new formula. The original produced a dense, silky lather while the new version was much lighter and less dense. I don’t know how chemists score density so I’ll use a dairy analogy. The original formula was like a low-fat yogurt—OK, not exactly and without the fruit—while the new formula was like whipped cream from an aerosol can. The difference on my face was noticeable and that concerned me because less dense lathers have produced inferior shaves for me in the past. So, the tallow version seems more stable but to be honest, since the lather isn't staying on my skin without a shave for that long, it doesn't really affect the end-result. Tabac is a product name that most traditional wet shavers will recognize from its long presence in the market. According to Mäurer & Wirtz (M&W), the product’s Stohlberg, Germany-based manufacturer ( www.tabac.de/tabac-original), the Tabac line has been around since 1959. Made in Germany, Tabac Original shaving soap has been popular with wet shavers since the 1950s and is formulated to soften beard hair and facilitate an easy and close shave. Gently fragranced with the Tabac signature scent, a classic, masculine blend of floral notes, peppery-spicy accents and exotic woods. Presented in smart, branded bowl with lid.

Tabac Shaving Soap Stick Refill 100g | Fragrance | Superdrug

Funnily enough, Germany is more commonly known for making shaving razors and brushes, not necessarily soaps. Though the same kind of superior engineering you would get from most German products is definitely on display here. Eye-watering, headache-inducing strong perfumes wafting off the soap. Aroma may be strong enough to peel wallpaper off the walls. Is it stronger than most? Probably. “Slam you in the face” strong? reviewer needs to get a grip. I happen to really like this very traditional scent and as noted later in the review, the scent does dissipate rapidly. The reviewer doesn’t seem to be a fan of traditional scents. He could have simply stated the scent is strong and left it at that.Post shave is about average, with a toss-up as to whether you ought to add some balm or go without. The skin is unusually smooth feeling after you finally put your razor down and wash-up, with a tactile sensation not unlike handling a slightly damp billiard ball, doubtless part of the wonderful world of better living through modern chemistry. The brand name of Tabac Original is due to its distinctive, tart-spicy fragrance composition. However, it has nothing to do with the common processed tobacco, which smells completely different and was never one of the ingredients of Tabac Original.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment