276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DIRTY LAUNDRY: Why adults with ADHD are so ashamed and what we can do to help

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The ending of the book is abrupt and actually just left me feeling sad. Horrible people who get what they deserve doesn't really give me any heartburn, but I was left with the thought that it didn't have to be like that if there was just ONE decent human being of the bunch. I don't know if the intent was to make the reader sad, but that's how I felt. The modern trend to become a social influencer is at the heart of the story, demonstrating how easy it is to bend the truth. If somebody seems to be perfect and have a perfect life, take it with a pinch of salt, especially in this day and age.

Mishti and Parth, a couple who are together thanks to an arranged marriage. With seemingly nothing in common other than their shared daughter. What Didn't Work: Towards the end of the book, it became quite clear who was primarily responsible for the death Ciara. While Bose attempted to throw curveballs to distract readers from the responsible individual, it was pretty obvious. Additionally, Ciara isn't a likeable character. She does horrible things to the other characters and exhibits no remorse. When she does die, I can't say that I actually cared and I'm not sure whether that was Bose's intent or not. By creating such an unlikeable character, I ended up not caring about her death which almost led to me not caring about the book as I got closer to the end. I think it's a hard balance to the balance between keeping readers invested in the story and introducing unlikeable characters and centering the narrative around them.MyHome.ie (Opens in new window) • Top 1000 • The Gloss (Opens in new window) • Recruit Ireland (Opens in new window) • Irish Times Training (Opens in new window) It IS an entertaining novel of domestic suspense, about three women, trying to hide their dirty laundry”. 🧺 And, it was a fun palette cleanser between darker reads. This was a mess of a book, but in a fun way. It isn't the best domestic thriller that I've read, but it was interesting learning more about the intimate details of this small Irish village. 3.5 Stars

They share the strategies they have used to reduce shame, improve communication, and find happiness in their neurodivergent household. If you want a simple introduction to ADHD this is a good, easy read. For more in depth/science based writings this ain't it- but it never claims to be! Then Ciara is found murdered in her own pristine home, and the house of cards she'd worked so hard to build comes crumbling down. Everyone seems to have something to gain from Ciara's death, so if they don't want the blame, it may be the perfect time to air their enemies' dirty laundry. I don't doubt that this book will help a lot of people with ADHD, but for myself (diagnosed with ADHD) and my boyfriend (who wants to understand my diagnosis) this book was just a bit boring and repetitive.I know that the author mentioned that it's her symptoms and everybody is different. At the same time I would appreciate some statistics and information regarding how many people actually struggle with things in such an extreme manner. Next Parth came by, hoping for sex since his college student wasn’t answering the phone. He found Ciara in a heap but didn’t go too close. He poured out the wine and took the pills, knowing that he’d be held accountable for giving her the prescription when she wasn’t his patient. This is the book equivalent of "oh silly you, have you tried using a calendar so you're not late/miss appointments?" I adored everything about this book, the cover is so eye catching and fun and gives a great initial insight into what to expect.

Now one member of this neighborhood group has been found dead. You’ll find out who right away. But the storyline takes you deep into the inner-workings of the neighborhood to root out the guilty party and their motive. Enjoy the journey! From the husband-and-wife team behind social media phenomenon @ADHD_Love , whose viral videos have been viewed more than 200 million times , comes a fearless, often outrageously funny, account of life, learning, and growing with ADHD. They share the strategies they have used to reduce shame, improve communication, and find happiness in their neurodivergent household. Tagged detective, female detective, missing person, thriller, William Morrow Gillian McAllister | Just Another Missing Person Mishti was my favorite character, and I’m sure many readers will feel that same way. She unselfishly put her own needs and happiness aside to appease everyone else in her life. I’ll be honest… She kind of broke my heart💔I’d recommend this book for anyone struggling with deep despair caused by the ADHD in yourself, your relationships or your family; it’s full of hope, genuine compassion and practical tips. This book was such a great read and beautifully written with both perspectives and filled with little stories and suggestions. I’ve already told all of my friends about it and they can’t wait to give it a read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment