276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Six of Crows: Collector's Edition: Book 1

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Inej is a spooky lil sneaky gal who climbs around stuff and is the single most powerful creature in all of fictional humankind. Also Inej is just a cool name. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK AND ITS WORLDBUILDING IS COOL. Kaz tumbled through the dark. He was colder than he’d ever been. He thought of Inej’s hand on his cheek. His mind had gone jagged at the sensation, a riot of confusion. It had been terror and disgust and – in all of that clamour - desire, a wish that lingered still, the hope that she would touch him again.” Jesper is witty and an absolute delight to get a POV chapter from, but he's also incredibly sympathetic as a former farm boy who fell from grace. He likes living on the edge, and he's aware of the pain his own actions have caused him, and he's trying to work through it. Side effects of reading Six of Crows are, but not limited to: Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. Nausea. Weak knees. Dehydration. Dizziness. Headache. Heartache. Constant sweating. High blood-pressure. Congestive heart failure. Wylan is the son of a merchant. He serves as the brains of the operation. Wylan is an intelligent engineer and inventor. He's very shy and awkward because he's been isolated for most of his life, but slowly warms to the other members of the crew.

There is romance, but so little of it, and what little there is felt natural and unobtrusive. A blossoming from grudging tolerance to like, to possibly something more. But I consider this a great book, because the romance is not intrusive in any way. Every time she moved, the reindeer cloak parted, revealing a flash of round calf, white skin, the shadow between her breasts. It was deliberate. He knew it. She was trying to rattle him. He needed to focus on the fire. He’d almost died, and if he didn’t get a fire started, he still might. The Ice Court is the most highly protected place in Fjerda, and Kaz won't be able to gatecrash it alone. He needs a crew.nina zenik. my queen, i love her x1000000. 🥺 i wasn’t expecting to resonate with her that much and understand her, but i truly did. she was so snarky and feisty and brave, while at the same time having such a soft and vulnerable side for her friends. i wanna be at the receiving end of her love because the way she loves is just so 🥹🥹 every scene she came, i was just cheering her on. her banter and snark and energy are just unmatchable. When I first read this book, I loved it. Absolutely aDORED it. I five-starred it and participated in the hype and probably googled fan art exactly one time, which is as far as I ever get in terms of joining a fandom. Also, the dialogue here absolutely rules. You have no idea how many times I had to hold in laughter. Edit: can people please start fancasting the shit out of this!!!! I want a movie or tv show like now. Thanks

I need to stop telling myself I hate this book because it was actually a good three stars better than the vast majority of YA fantasy I've read, so I'll give it the four stars it deserves. Plot twist. Can't remember the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth

helnik. helnik. helnik. matthias and nina my loves. my heart beats for them and i can’t tell you how much i love them. and this was so unexpected because i’ve heard so many people say they love kanej but helnik??? I ADORE THEM TO PIECES. my favs 🥹 they’ve gone through so much together and apart and i love their development, their relationship, the little moments where they protected each other over everything and everyone else. star crossed lovers, twin flames. the way their love shone through in this book?? the push and pull between them was just so immaculately done and i appreciated every. single. moment. of it. the way matthias was soft only just for nina and changed all his beliefs and entire way of thinking? definition of love right there.

how could i ever do this book and its characters justice with my review. i’ve been meaning to read this duology for ages now, almost 4 years, and safe to say this delivered like nothing else. the plot of this, the pacing, and best of all: the characters. the way they were fleshed out, the way all of them had so many layers to them, i adored every bit of reading this because of them. i love the way all the characters had their own motivations and nothing was clear-cut and straightforward — they were all so morally grey, and you know what we do with those characters? eat them up. 😋 i’m so attached to each and every single one of these characters and i could never choose one favorite of all time because all of them had their own charm to them and it was just so… refreshing. 🥺 The fate of the world is in the hands of six teenagers, six street rats with no family and no one to look for them. They have to break in an impenetrable fortress, free an important prisoner and try not to kill each other. Each of them has his own goals and ambitions, his own agenda, his own life story full of misery and pain. And everything depends on them.Six of Crows follows six teenagers living in the city of Ketterdam, a city of slums and crime lords. As I mentioned, the characters are so so good. We have the leader - Kaz - who is an intimidating criminal prodigy with a secret past. We have the mixture of drama and humour offered by Jesper and Wylan. And there's the totally badass Inej: How will you have me?” she repeated. “Fully clothed, gloves on, your head turned away so our lips can never touch?” BUT ANYWAY this is a five star review and that means I don’t have to complain!!! Who knew!! All new to me. Bardugo's world building is delightful. I didn't know that Shadow and Bone series shared the same world (which probably would've helped make an even more complete world), but it didn't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Everything's put in place using a seemingly simple but thoroughly enjoyable manner. It's the simple, yet quite impactful narrative that helps visualize everything beautifully.

She’d laughed, and if he could have bottled the sound and got drunk on it every night, he would have. It terrified him.” The characters in this book are so fantastic. Our gang is made up of six people, whom I will now list here as if it’s even slightly possible that anyone hasn’t read this book yet. They are: Kaz, Inej, Jesper, Wylan, Nina, Matthias.

Do not bend," Nina snapped. "Do not leap. Do not move abruptly. If you don't promise to take it easy, I'll slow your heart and keep you in a coma until I can be sure you've recovered fully."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment