276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What Just Happened?!: Dispatches from Turbulent Times (The Sunday Times Bestseller)

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Much as it will be a useful piece of social and political history, it’s the bantz that you come to Ms H for and she remains reliably on point, whether coining the word wallygarchy to describe Johnson’s gift of a knighthood to the spectacularly useless and unpleasant Gavin Williamson, or the description of Andrea Leadsom’s terrifying smile - “it’ll come after you, that smile”. I often find myself re-reading paragraphs in wonder - thinking how cleverly they have been constructed, so sharply cutting through to the point at hand.

What Just Happened?!: Dispatches from Turbulent Times (The What Just Happened?!: Dispatches from Turbulent Times (The

who declines to accept that the public finances would be in rather better state if people like them contributed their fair share.And so on and so on, forever course-correcting towards wellness but never quite attaining its shores.

What Just Happened?! by Marina Hyde | Waterstones What Just Happened?! by Marina Hyde | Waterstones

Female actors came out and said they were 'proud' of how 'quickly their industry' addressed the issue, when in fact, Weinstein had been abusing for many decades, and 'their industry' only addressed it when the story was well and truly broken by Ronan Farrow, Rose McGowan, and others.About the Author: Marina Hyde has worked at the Guardian since 2000, where her weekly columns have won her a reputation as one of the most admired journalists in the UK. Arguably, a collection of journalistic hot takes on an unusually turbulent period in our history - this volume starts in 2019 and ends in the defenestration of Johnson - runs the risk of seeming horribly dated but we need this as a reminder, and a laugh out loud one at that, of all that has happened. Not only is she laugh out loud funny, but I end up nodding along with her viewpoint so hard I’m surprised my head hasn’t fallen off. This may result in small marks to the dustjacket and title page, please also bear in mind that each signature will be a little different from the one we show here.

Times Make for Two New Collections Prove That Desperate Times Make for

The recipient of multiple awards, including the 2020 Edgar Wallace Award for writing of the highest quality, she has been named Political Commentator of the Year for the past two years by the Society of Editors, and Commentator of the Year at the Press Awards for the past three years running.In other news, the Kindle app is now recommending me the worst kind of centrist da, Russ-in-Cheshire aren’t-the-Tories-so-FUNNY titles that are so tightly time-bound by their relevance they’ll be getting remaindered at The Works in six months. I'm with her to the death about the mendacity lying sexism racism and all the rest of the sewer we live in as a result of successive and worsening political and social scene. I don't read all of her columns religiously but do enjoy the commentary, even if I do not always fully understand them as someone who is not British.

What Just Happened?!: Dispatches from Turbulent Times What Just Happened?!: Dispatches from Turbulent Times

It seemed like David Bowie died and suddenly everything went to pot (I'm pretty sure I stole this concept from an article on Newsthump I read in 2016, just to acknowledge my sources, but it rang true). If the government is in any doubt as to why so many millions think it's one rule for them and another for the little people, then this week couldn't be a better primer. G. Wodehouse, said: "One has to regard a man as a Master, who can produce on average three uniquely brilliant and entirely original similes on every page. Furthermore, please never refer to any form of exercise or any exclusionary method of eating as ‘a philosophy’. There's a hilarious article on the tech billionaire space race, and a lot of generally astute observations about the often phony, showy philanthropic activities of the super-rich.Like Caitlin Moran, Hyde has a real way with words and beautifully captures every WTF moment that we’ve collectively endured as a nation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment