276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Couture White Sugar Paste - Vegan Friendly Ready to Roll Icing - Icing for Cake Decorating - Also Suitable as a Modelling Paste for Cakes 2.5kg

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I used Colourflair extra black (which I wasn't that impressed with to be honest) and the Couture handled it beautifully! We have taken care to ensure that the product information provided is correct and up to date at the time of listing. Like all fondant icings and sugarpastes, lightly dust your work surface with icing sugar before rolling out to cover your cake.

Sugar 78%, Glucose syrup, Palm kernel fat, water, Starch (potato), Glycerin (humectant), carboxymethyl cellulose, vanilla oil, Emulsifier: Polysorbate 80, Potassium sorbate, Colouring: E129*, Citric acid, Aroma. Phoenix Road, Washington, NE38 0AD | VAT Reg: GB 708943902 | EORI: GB708943902000 | Company Number: 08719217 All content provided on this page is © Design A Cake Limited and is published for the sole purpose of advice on products and services from Design A Cake Limited. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Made using luxury ingredients to help create the smoothest fondant yet for a flawlessly satin smooth icing that dries to an almost porcelain-like, silky finish.Often imitated but never bettered - this is the sugar paste that allows you to decorate your cakes with real finesse and panache.

Please note: natural oils may come to the surface of the paste, this is normal, simply knead them back into the paste. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Couture doesn't crack or craze (especially around corners) or form elephant skin if prepared correctly . In the past, I've always bought a different brand and I only bought this sugarpaste because I wasn't able to get my usual brand. Made using ultra-fine icing sugar and the finest gum tragacanth, these luxury ingredients help create the smoothest fondant yet for a flawlessly satin smooth icing that dries to an almost porcelain-like, silky finish.It is a professional quality cake covering which offers a smooth porcelain-like finish but can be rolled out thinly perfect for decorating shaped or tall cakes with sharp edges without experiencing cracking or tearing! I knew that turning white icing black would require a lot of colouring and has had problems in the past with sugarpaste changing texture if a lot of colouring is added. I've tried many different sugarpastes but this one I have now been using for the last year at least. Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Water, Palm Oil, Humectant: Vegetable Glycerine, Emulsifier: Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids, Stabiliser: Tragacanth Gum, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Natural Flavouring.

I had a bucket of Massa Ticino which was also softer than normal so I really think this is to do with the hot weather. Experience professional-level quality without breaking the bank with Couture - NEW White Sugarpaste. As a home hobby baker, I get asked to do friends cakes often - for my first wedding cake I decided the normal supermarket sugar paste wasn't good enough. Please note, the natural oils often rise to the surface of the past, and therefore must be kneaded well to mix these oils and activate the gum for top performance. Granted I may be biased from years of using Massa Ticino but Couture was actually worse than the cheap stuff I occasionally get from Sainsbury's in an emergency.Since its launch a few years ago, Couture has become one of the most sought after sugarpastes in the UK. We're sorry you were disappointed with Couture as what you've described is far from typical, so we're happy to look into this further for you. Couture The Sugarpaste is a professional quality cake covering which offers a smooth, porcelain-like finish that is perfect for decorating tall or shaped or cakes with sharp edges. which I've experienced with a lot of other brands, but not any more, as this sugarpaste handles excellently because of its consistency, it's not too sticky, smells devine and tastes delicious without being overly sweet, please do not stop making this wonderful sugarpaste! Often imitated but never bettered - this is the sugar paste that allows you to decorate your cakes with real finesse and panache.

My advice is stick with it as the extra effort is all worth it for the quality of finish this icing gives you. I find Renshaw too flexible in that I get holes regularly in larger rolled out sections so I thought I'd go for Couture after reading the reviews. p>I am usually a buttercream decorator, so upon being asked to make a fondant cake I was very hesitant! I was also working in very warm summer weather - when I tend to avoid using sugarpaste but I had no problems with it being too warm. Made using the highest quality ingredients, this is the perfect white sugarpaste for wedding and high-end celebration cakes, where quality of finish means everything.

simply knead well to activate the natural gums and you'll quickly realise just how good this sugarpaste really is. sealed packs per box - please note that because of an international shortage of suitable raw material, the box design changed in 2020 during the COVID pandemic - the underside of the current style of box folds together (ie is not taped) so is not quite as strong as the original design. It comes ready to roll for maximum convenience, has a vibrant and smooth white finish, and is suitable for use by both professional bakers and cake decorators, and at home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment