276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Johnnie Walker Green Label | Blended Scotch Whisky | 43% Vol | 70cl | Enjoy Neat Or In Drinks | Scottish Whisky Made Using Single Malt Whiskies Matured At Least 15 Years | With Gift Box

£18.495£36.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While Johnnie Walker Gold may have nudged ahead by a hair’s breadth in my personal reckoning, it doesn’t cast a shadow over the Green Label. Combines these richer flavors masterfully with light garden fruits and tropical, fragrant, floral notes. The Spirits Act 1860 legalised the blending of grain whiskies with malt whiskies and ushered in the modern era of blended Scotch whisky. When it dances on my palate, it’s with the grace of a warrior—strong, bold, yet with an elegance that’s hard to articulate. Green Label is a blended malt whisky, meaning it is made by mixing single malts with no grain whisky added.

Whisky Review: Johnnie Walker Green Label - The Whiskey Wash Whisky Review: Johnnie Walker Green Label - The Whiskey Wash

The Johnnie Walker plant in Kilmarnock closed its doors in March 2012 and the buildings were subsequently demolished a year later. This is complemented by a mild Scottish Highland peat smoke, which adds depth and complexity to the tasting experience. With the same intensity as the start, I get shorter aromas of oranges, apples, cereals, toffee, kombucha and ripe banana peel.Blended Scotch whisky, lighter and sweeter in character, was more accessible, and much more marketable to a wider audience. I attended a private whisky tour of Johnnie Walker recently, and I’m excited to share my learnings about the different Johnnie Walker colors, considering their quality, pricing, and tasting notes. The colors are carefully chosen to visually represent the distinct flavor profiles and experiences of the different blends.

Johnnie Walker - Wikipedia Johnnie Walker - Wikipedia

Unsurprisingly, the Johnnie Walker Green Label earns this rating, with its delightful mint chocolate notes setting it apart as a delightful and easy-drinking dram. In 1932, Alexander II added Johnnie Walker Swing to the line, the name originating from the unusual shape of the bottle, which allowed it to rock back and forth. If you’re looking for a whisky that balances strength with sophistication, either of these contenders holds its ground with dignity.It’s a thought experiment asking whether an object that has had all its parts replaced is still the same object. It is the world's highest selling Scotch whisky, [1] sold in almost every country, with annual sales of the equivalent of over 223. Also sign me up for newsletters so I can get special offers, recommendations, and expert advice to my inbox!

Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old - The Whisky Exchange

History [ edit ] Johnnie Walker was founded in Kilmarnock and continued to be produced and bottled there until 2012. It’s about the experience, the journey from nose to palate, and the stories that unfold with each sip. It’s strong enough to make its presence known but not so overpowering that it mutes the medley of flavors. The Old Highland was renamed Johnnie Walker White Label, [15] and made a 6 year old, the Special Old Highland became Johnnie Walker Red Label at 10 years old, and Extra Special Old Highland was renamed Johnnie Walker Black Label, remaining 12 years old.Its honeyed notes act as a bridge, enhancing the sweetness and providing a luxurious end to the meal. On the other hand, Gold Label, with its mellow sweetness, works beautifully with dishes that carry a certain richness but require a delicate touch.

Johnnie Walker Green Label Whisky - Whisky of the Week Johnnie Walker Green Label Whisky - Whisky of the Week

So that makes me think the 4 just make up the majority of the blend while other single malts make up a minority of it.

One of its standout features is that it’s a blended malt whisky consisting of a blend of only single malts, each aged for a minimum of 15 years. Whether you’re throwing a huge house party or a laidback social gathering, people will want to have a drink or two. Platinum Label: Originally introduced to replace the original Gold Label in the Asian market, and sold alongside Gold Label Reserve. This unique blend is crafted exclusively from single malts, each aged for at least 15 years, setting it apart from its blended whisky brethren. Depending on your feelings regarding the Scotch whisky juggernaut that is Johnnie Walker, you may have read that opening sentence as eager or ominous.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment