276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thornhedge

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We promise to provide you with the highest quality dental care and deliver it in a personal, caring and gentle manner. From the moment you walk through our doors we do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed as possible.

Thornhedge - Macmillan

At every turn, Kingfisher subverts familiar fairytale tropes into a fresh, complex, and extremely human story about loneliness, and the protective barriers we put around ourselves.Overall this story was so cozy and wholesome. I hope that the author decides to write another novella about these characters; I love to learn more about them, their world, and more of their story together.

Thornhedge Invisalign - Thornhedge

I LOVED Thornhedge. T. Kingfisher retells Sleeping Beauty in a way I’ve never read before… by asking, “What if the person sleeping is the villain?” Another winner from T. Kingfisher, it had what I enjoyed from the writing style. The characters were what I was hoping for and I enjoyed the fairy-tale elements. It had what I enjoyed from previous books and thought the characters were what I was expecting. Overall I had a great time and thought it worked well in what I was looking for. A very special hardcover edition, featuring foil stamp on the casing and custom endpapers illustrated by the author.* I can’t fight stories,” she whispered, and a few tears, dark as ink, ran down her face and tangled in her hair.It helped, too, that the land around the thorns became inhospitable. It was nothing so obvious as a desert, but wells ran dry practically as soon as they had been dug, and rain passed through the soil as if it were sand instead of loam. That was the fairy’s doing, too, though she regretted the necessity. That is the kind of fairytale at the center of T. Kingfisher’s latest novella, Thornhedge , a delicate, sharp-edged story of a princess in a tower that’s actually a meditation on duty, loss, and grief. A bittersweet exploration of the power of language, the way stories shift and change over time, and the weight of the promises we make to others, it’s bleak and challenging and beautiful in all the best possible ways. If only because, at its heart, this is a story that reminds us, as Peter Beagle once said, there are no happy endings, not really—because nothing ever truly ends. Thornhedge is a story about Toadling, a fairy who is sent to bestow a gift upon a human child. Things don't quite go as planned, and Toadling spends 200 years watching over a keep that holds a 'sleeping beauty.' One day, a knight comes along, having read a story about a princess in a tower, and Toadling has to contend with his curiosity. This deeply satisfying and darkly funny feminist fairy tale from Hugo Award winner Kingfisher (What Moves the Dead) finds its unlikely heroine in Marra, youngest princess of the Harbor Continue reading »

Thornhedge Dental Surgery - Feedback Centre Thornhedge Dental Surgery - Feedback Centre

Thumbs down: I have nothing! I loved this book and fought with my e-reader every step of the way trying to get the format to work. It was well worth it. The truth of Toadling’s connection to the unidentified being who lives beyond the thorn hedge that bars the door to the tower unspools with such steadily building tension that it feels nigh on unbearable at times. In truth, the revelation is spelled out so slowly there’s almost no way you won’t cotton on to what’s really happening long before the story officially tells you—-and someone that just manages to make the suffocating dread of it all that much worse. Toadling has been guarding the thorn filled hedge around the castle for a long, long time. Someone sleeps in the castle tower, and she does not want them to wake. But the world has moved on, as it is wont to do, and history has faded into myth. The likelihood of someone showing up to free the sleeper seems small. Until one day, a mediocre knight who likes stories arrives, and everything changes.The fairy did not like that look. It had too much behind it. He was actually looking at the thorn hedge and thinking about it, and that might lead to questions about what was on the other side. Eventually he turned to care for his horse, and she dropped to the leaves. The hard, warty toad skin enveloped her, and she hopped slowly away.

Thornhedge (T. Kingfisher) – Book Review – Set The Tape Thornhedge (T. Kingfisher) – Book Review – Set The Tape

Thank you to Netgalley and Tor Publishing Group for sending me an advanced readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own. Minutes after she was born, Toadling was swapped for a changeling and spirited away to the Faerie world. Despite being whisked away from her home, she grew up feeling loved and supported by her adopted family, until the fateful day that the fae asked a favour of her. All she has to do is return to the human world and offer a blessing of protection to a human child... should be easy right? Centuries later a Knight comes across a towering wall of Brambles, he's heard the stories, of a Princess trapped in a tower, a curse that needs breaking. Only this is one curse Toadling will do anything to uphold. T. Kingfisher has written another winning novella, this one taking the familiar tale of Sleeping Beauty and turning it in a truly delightful way to follow a very lonely fairy tasked with keeping the princess sleeping. Because the alternative would be a disaster... By the make of his equipment, he was a … Saracen? Was that the word? She could not quite remember. But she recognized a knight well enough, whatever his faith.Building a steady portfolio of earthy, naturalistic fantasy stories, T. Kingfisher – aka Ursula Vernon – continues her prolific work by releasing Thornhedge, a short novella that deconstructs classic fantasy tropes and centres on one of the most endearing and quietly brilliant heroines in recent fantasy fiction, Toadling. At Thornhedge we are dedicated to providing dentistry that is prevention focused. We will then tailor the treatment needed to the individual. We offer NHS dental services and private treatments. The way Thornhedge turns all the fairy tales inside out is a sharp-edged delight." —Katherine Addison, author of The Goblin Emperor T. Kingfisher has gifted us an imaginative and dark retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale. When a knight discovers the location of the mythical tower that houses an enchanted maiden, Toadling knows she must do everything to stop him from entering.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment