276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ScotchBlue Painter's Masking Tape - Original Multi Surface – Blue Crepe Paper, 1 Roll, 24mm x 55m

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With that said, if you burn Scotch tape or other masking tapes over a direct flame it does catch fire and can potentially give off noxious fumes that can be toxic if inhaled. You may be wondering why any kind of special tape is even necessary; I’ve seen pro painter’s use no tape, masking tape, and all sorts of options that I don’t immediately recognize as a DIYer. But I suppose that’s the point: even though I’ve got the basics figured out, I don’t usually call myself a “pro”, and I know that I sometimes have my limits (based on time, or patience, or skill… the list goes on). Like many of you, I like to use products if they will help me “cheat” my way to a more professional look. Painter’s tape is essentially one of those tools I keep handy for such an occasion; unlike your average masking tape, Frogtape is considered a medium adhesion painter’s tape that reacts to the water in latex paint, creating a micro-barrier that seals the edge into a gel. (Update: I would later see this exact tech in action here). The “medium adhesion” part is important too, since you don’t want the tape you use to be so good at adhering to your walls that it peels the underlying layers of paint off. Most of these tapes come in a variety of widths and are designed for specialty purposes (exterior use or recently painted surfaces, for example). Determining the Best Masking Tape for Painting

Unless you are working on the surfaces with direct sunlight, the Frog Tape can be kept intact for about 21 days (before painting).

However, for some people that are prone to allergic reactions, the adhesive used in these painter’s tapes can cause problems.

After painting and removing the tape, I saw a noticeable difference in the quality of each brand. For best results, here are a few tips to getting as clean of a result as possible, regardless of which brand you use: How to get very sharp paint lines from painter’s tape: Standard professional grade painter’s tape is made for a variety of surfaces, but if you have painted the walls within the last 72 hours or so, it’s better to use the kind made for delicate surfaces ( for FrogTape it is yellow instead of green; with Scotch, it’s purple). The main difference there is that these tapes are more “low adhesion” than their medium counterparts so they have less likelihood to peel off fresh paint. The 3M™ Scotch-Blue™ Multi-Surface Painter’s Tape 2090 is a tried and tested masking tape that’s a popular tool for professional painters and home DIYers alike. Its goal is to mask indoor surfaces from any paint or damage that could be caused during the decoration process. It leaves a clean definition between painted areas, ensuring you have clear lines and a professional finish. However, you should remove the tape once you are done with the painting, ideally when the paint is still wet. 3M Scotch Blue Painter’s Tape No matter if it’s a Frog or a Scotch Blue, most painters’ tapes are resistant to flame and are not easily flammable – thanks to their high heat resistance properties.

Popular

It’s resistant to sunlight and you can keep the tape for as long as 14 days once applied to the surface. Frog tape and 3M tapes used for painting are both considered to be non-toxic. This means they are generally safe if they are mistakenly put on the skin. Since a single product cannot suit all purposes it really comes down to what kind of paint you are using and on what surfaces. FrogTape Masking Tape To ensure high quality results, we recommend applying this painter’s tape to a surface that is clear of oils or other residues, dry and dust-free. To guarantee that this tape remains in place throughout the decorating process, once applied, leave it set for between 30 minutes to an hour before starting work. To remove, confirm all painting is fully dry and slowly peel the tape from the surface at a 45-degree angle. Since I was painting my wooden door frame (using latex paint) in my living room, I taped around it using both these tapes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment