276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PYTHON No Spill Water Changer, 7.5 m ( Brass Adaptor Not included )

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For now, I am still using my latest replacement Aqueon faucet pump, but I’m working on fabricating a faucet pump from metal parts that I hope will last much longer. I have a python water changer system which looks like a great gadget - but I'm having problems fixing it to my kitchen tap. A garden tap would probably be fine, but my tank is next to the kitchen sink. Me? I want to spend as little time maintaining my tank as possible. It leaves me with more time to stare at my lovely little fish.

Python Water Changing System | How To Use It And Review Python Water Changing System | How To Use It And Review

You can use the assembly for a while before you glue it together; the press-fit is usually plenty strong to hold together and won’t leak. Honestly, I have been using this for almost a year and I still haven’t glued it together.

So how does Python Water Changer Work?

Faucet to Hose Adaptor: This is a small adaptor that has male threads on both ends. The finer threads go on the end of a faucet. The more coarse threads are what the ‘pump’ or siphon threads onto. There is a plastic one, but that is susceptible to stripping. Get a brass one as it is more durable and cost about the same as the plastic model. Python makes a brass fitting and sells it separately , or you can often find this fitting in a hardware store. Cleaning your aquarium on a regular basis is very important as without it invisible toxins can build up creating a hazardous environment for its inhabitants.

PYTHON No Spill Water Changer, 7.5 m ( Brass Adaptor Not

After spending weeks performing hundreds of water changes, we are confident that we found the best water changer on the market… Winner: Python Water Changer We did like that Marina included a brass faucet adapter in the box because it won’t wear down like an adapter made from plastic. The good news is that you can get parts to make your own and you can have the ultimate in flexibility for hose length, valves, and the fill/siphon fitting in your tank! Building Your Own Python Type Water Changer:Like Lee’s Ultimate Gravel Vac, if the Marina Aqua Vac was more affordable, these minor flaws would be less of an issue. But at this price, it competes directly with the Python water changer, and the decision between the two is a no-brainer. Deep Blue Hydromaxx Water Changer

Tap Thread Size for Python Water Changer | UK Aquatic Plant Tap Thread Size for Python Water Changer | UK Aquatic Plant

The components to make an improved Python water changer are available separately and I will help to show you how to put one together. Here is your shopping list: Since half my tanks are just off the ground level, there is no water changer that will empty them, so I already use a fairly powerful pump and long hose to pump them out. I can be pumping out one while I am filling another, which is useful. The Python Water change system is definitely one of the best options out there when considering a gravel vacuum. I don’t have a need or desire to ‘gravel vacuum’ my aquarium, so I have not looked into making one of those. It would work to have an end section of larger diameter PVC and an adaptor; however, most people like the gravel vacuum section to be clear so you can see and avoid drawing up gravel. I’m sure that if you nose around in a hardware store, you can come up with clear piping and connect it up either by press fit or by rigging up some pieces with aquarium sealant. DIY Water Changer In Use: This project isn’t for everyone, but if you like to tinker and want to make a water change system that is just right for you, then go for it.So far, I’m hoping that I can use a brass, threaded, 3/4″ T fitting, all female ends, which I plan to attach to the male end of a brass shut off valve ( exactly the same as what you would use for a garden hose). I made a DiY python hose buying hose attachments from local hardware stores or online for not a lot of money and 10 meters of clear hose from LFS , attached with a universal 600lph pump. Has anyone else achieved UK success with this? I can't believe it's so difficult to achieve something that should be so simple.

python water changer in the UK - October 2023 Top 5 python water changer in the UK - October 2023

Unfortunately, this meant that we had to spend a long time cleaning the Hydromaxx to ensure that every last bit of dust was gone before using it.Hygger Water Change kit includes a gravel tube for gravel cleaning, faucet pump and 3 faucet adapters to fits for most faucets and a 25 foot long vinyl hose, sturdy and flexible You would be forgiven for thinking that Lee’s Ultimate Gravel Vac was a differently colored Python… All the parts look very similar. The key difference is that feels like a budget product, and this is reflected in both the materials and hosing used. One end of the T fitting will attach to an adapter, and that goes to the faucet. The other end will have the shut off valve on it and the ‘T’ in the middle has the pressure rated filler hose attached. I won’t know if it will work until I try it but, I am hopeful. I am unsure if it’s by design, but the model we tested came covered in a fine white powder – not something we wanted in our aquarium.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment