276°
Posted 20 hours ago

F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Production began in 2018 by Awesomeness Films. [2] It was Michael Duggan's directorial debut though he had been writing and producing in the industry for several years. As a preface, this review is coming from someone who vaguely knew who Action Bronson was prior to reading this book. This book wasn't my cup of tea. I felt like it has a good base idea and concept, but tried to do too much.

So, find out how to say F**k It to all your problems and concerns. Say F**k It to all the 'shoulds' in your life and finally do what you want to do, no matter what other people think. Like a magical modern mantra, saying F**k It can transform your life. It’s the perfect Western expression of the Eastern spiritual ideas of letting go, giving up and finding real freedom by realising that things don’t matter so much (if at all).

One of my favorite lines he said in the book was about people making fun of you: “You got to just remember they’ll laugh but it’ll be okay. Sometimes shit’s just funny. “ He also talked about confidence: “To be confident you literally have to know yourself.” Good way of thinking about that.

The F It List is a laugh out loud, honest, witty and down to earth read. Even though the story revolves around cancer - every girl can relate to this story. Who hasn't had a fight with their best friend? One of the defining elements of The F-It List was Alex and Becca's relationship. It isn't every day you come across best friends like these two. Sure, they've done some pretty horrible things to one another, but, honestly, what best friends don't find themselves in those situations? Becca, in a moment of misguided weakness, sleeps with Alex's boyfriend... the day of Alex's father's funeral. In response, Alex refuses to speak to or see Becca for the entire summer following the funeral and betrayal. But, the first day of the new school year, Alex goes in search of Becca... because they're best friends and people make mistakes sometimes and deserve to be forgiven. Best friends are sometimes selfish and sometimes entirely self-sacrificing: Alex and Becca have been both, they understand and accept one another, and they're stronger because of it.Even if you're not spiritually inclined, perhaps especially then, you should definitely give this book a try. I'd say it's a spiritual book for not particularly spiritual people. I think anyone could learn something from the F**k It mind set and even if you just apply it to one part of your life it could make all the difference. Time flies when you’re on the road. All you do is try to live in the moment and focus on the next thing, and before you know it… years have passed and you have come a long way”. It started well. I like the premise of saying "f**k it" to life. It means that we shouldn't worry, we should do what we want, we shouldn't be afraid to take the big life-changing decisions. The book and I were merrily sailing along at five stars. Great book.

Touted as akin to Taoism and other spiritual beliefs, the main premise of the F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way philosophy is letting go. Indeed, there is merit in this idea of letting go and the freedom one uses the phrase. According to Mr. Parkin, "The one thing you'll always do when you really say, 'F*** It' is relax" and "problems can't exist in the face of total relaxation" (p. 88-89). Mr. Parkin wants us to say the phrase to everything we do because it releases us from attaching too much meaning, too much pressure, too many expectations to everything we do. If one sits and thinks about it, and considers all the times where one has flung up his or her hands and declared "f*** it!", Mr. Parkin is indeed on to something. It was fun/funny to read and I did enjoy it. It’s pretty hilarious thinking about him just sitting down telling someone these stories or just typing these down himself. Just there going off on anecdotes/tangents one after the other. Then it dawns on you. This is a very thin idea which has been streeeetched beyond breaking point. Sure, "f**k it" is a useful sentiment sometime. We all face occasions in our life when we need to have the courage to do something outrageous. But we shouldn't necessarily be like that all the time. Our lives would be much poorer if we hopped from one life-changing decision to another. Will this book change your life? Most likely, no. Which is a shame, because I really thought a true renaissance man would be able to communicate just how he does it in a way that will inspire me, but AB is one-of-one, and the moral of this tale is that you have to find your own way. Find your own movement. Nobody else's will do.This book also had more to do with graphic displays of sex, which normally if it had a purpose in the novel, I wouldn't be so squirmy about, but not only is this a YA novel (and people probably have different comfort zones with that mention - so this is definitely not a novel for young teens), but also the mentions of it overtook the novel I think, from its primary focus. Really, there were more focal points on Alex's sexual encounters with Leo than with dealing with Becca's cancer, though I understood there was focus in the story in Alex's attempts to deal with her father's grief, her grief over Becca's cancer, AND another grief story that surfaces in the details of the tale later on. What I loved about Julie Halpern's story is her characters. Alex is a complete sass mouth, Becca's a cancer-patient/perv, Caleb is a sweetly awkward boy in love with a young woman who flashed him and Leo... Leo is a guy trying to make amends. Each character is wonderfully fleshed out, exceptionally quirky, and downright funny. There's a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, some interjections of fandom, and cancer is seen as something that can be fought against. In this revised and updated edition, with brand-new chapters and insightful perspectives on the world we find ourselves in today, John C. Parkin shares humorous personal anecdotes, authentic advice and essential F**k It techniques - alongside exploring a whole host of worries and stresses to which we can say… F**k It! It's a philosophy I can get behind; a philosophy that I would *love* to see spread and adapted and adopted all over the world. So this book gets an A+ from me on the philosophy angle, hands down. I technically wanted to write a full review of this and have it say everything I want to say about "The F-it List", but this is going to be short and sweet because I don't think it's going to take much for me to reflect upon it.

I also loved that Alex really loves horror movies. I related to her so much when she says: "Nothing made someone more attractive than knowing they liked the same movies I did." It's sooo true. Someone becomes ten times more attractive if we like the same movies. I also like how Alex and Leo both have an obsession with horror movies and that's something that brings them together. Also, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows and I love how much it was brought up in this book. Leo's character is reading The Walking Dead comics in this book which is ironic because I'm also currently reading the comics. And, Becca has a huge crush on Norman Reedus and is always bringing up Daryl Dixon and his crossbow. As a huge fan of The Walking dead it made me really giddy and excited whenever it was mentioned. He's always had athletic abilities and even had a period in his life where he went all in with the gym and weights, so far as to even using steroids. Before that, he'd do dips on the two poles protecting the pay phone, spending all day outside listening to music and working out before the two poles were removed. So he's always had the drive, motivation and ability for strenuous workouts; you see him going HAM on the kettle bells now and you know that that beast was always inside. The story is never about fulfilling the list. It's about what that list is to the two girls as individuals and to them as best friends. F**k It has taken the world by storm, helping countless people to let go, stop struggling and finally do what they want; to ignore what everyone else is telling them and go their own way. He had a lot of funny things to say about food, as he is a chef and a *self described* large person. My favorite:Terrifying and brilliant and gripping and tragic and humane ... it becomes progressively more tense ... This should be mandatory reading for every U.S. citizen ... Such a well-written book, with such vivid efficient prose, a powerful political plea disguised as a revenge novel. It's brilliant. -- Marian Keyes The book just comes across as sincerely tone-deaf; sure, the above strategies work in certain scenarios. But there are never provisions made for 'sometimes these scenarios are incorrect'. Sometimes the thing you are scared of is a legitimate fear, so telling yourself 'nothing is going to happen' is just plainly false. Sometimes illnesses require medical treatment. That's a proven fact. And some illnesses don't get better at all. And anybody who thinks 'just go on benefits' is a solution to not having money has clearly never dealt with the DWP, and has been avoiding all the stories about claimants who have been left to die due to unapproved claims.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment