276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ZTE MU5001, 5G/CAT20 Unlocked, Portable Low Cost WiFi 6 Hotspot, Connect 32 Devices, 4500mAh Battery with Quick Charge, UK Spec, with FREE 5G SMARTY Sim Card – Black

£379.995£759.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This makes it quite a pricey device, but actually still a lot cheaper than its main rival (the EE 5G WiFi). So if you don’t need the features of that (highlighted above), the Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot is probably the better buy. Conclusion With this review, I didn’t test an external antenna as I found that the Poynting XPOL-1 V2 5G I used with the Netgear didn’t offer any benefits.

For example, if you have a 5G-ready router and 5G networks are available, our antenna will enhance the 5G signal to give you a stronger, faster connection. If your router only works with 4G and 3G networks, or there are no 5G networks nearby, the Maxview external antenna will locate and connect to the next best network option. The 4,500mAh battery should keep the data flowing for up to 8 hours, depending on usage. Technical Specification Where this has the edge over some mobile broadband devices is the addition of a touchscreen that you can interact with, further simplifying its configuration. Performance and speeds Like all types of ZTE router, the ZTE MC801A router uses a TS9 connector. Maxview’s antenna uses an SMA connector, so you’ll need to use an adaptor to attach the router to the antenna. We include an adaptor with each of our external antenna kits. The antenna must be mounted on the roof of your vehicle. If the standard antenna is too large for your available roof space, we also offer a slim 4G/5G 2×2 external antenna that’s suitable for smaller vehicles. Which ZTE routers work with Maxview’s external antenna?If you’re a Vodafone fan, then that could make your decision easy, but everyone else might be wondering whether this is the one to buy or not. The Vodafone deal was an amazing bargain. You’d struggle to buy a basic 4G hotspot for this price, and the performance difference is considerable, both from the mobile data and WiFi 6. Dealing with Vodafone customer support on the phone was a nightmare. In hindsight, I would have requested a PAC code and switched to a new provider, automatically cancelling my contract. So at the very least that means the Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot is future proofed. The device also supports Wi-Fi 6, and dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi. Features and software

The Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot is a highly capable 5G mobile broadband device that strikes a good balance between price and functionality. Why should you have to go without your 5G network when travelling? With the ZTE MU5001, you always have the latest mobile communications standard with you and can surf your own WLAN network at up to 1800 Mbit. End devices such as notebooks can be connected to the ZTE MU5001 via the RJ-45 network connection using a LAN cable. The router also offers a USB-C connection for connecting additional devices. If you want to increase the reception even further, the ZTE MU5001 offers the option of connecting an external 5G or LTE antenna to the two TS-9 interfaces.When this is complete you can simply connect the SMA cables to the router like this (example below). For Netgear routers, you will need to use the SMA to TS9 connectors that come with every Maxview 4G/5G antenna: The Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot also has an Ethernet port, so you can plug a device into it for a more stable wired connection, and there are two ports for attaching external antennas, to improve its performance – which could be particularly useful if the signal is weak somewhere. Alternatives The Maxview 4G/5G 2×2 external antenna is compatible with many ZTE routers. This external antenna will connect to the best available network that’s compatible with your router. My new ZTE MU5001 MiFi box just arrived and I popped my Three unlimited data mobile phone SIM, but I am only getting 3G, not 4G or 5G. In short: it’s definitely a strong option, with good battery life and competitive specs, but the competition is fierce, so it’s worth reading this review in full and considering the alternatives too. Design

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment