276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tithe (A Modern Tale of Faerie)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Initially a knight of the Unseelie court, he is traded for Roiben as part of the Queen's truce. He hates his new "home" and delights in taking the throne of the Night Court for himself at the end of the novel. He is cruel, manipulating and ruthless, and takes great pleasure in toying with humans and lesser faeries, especially when he meets Corny, whom he makes his pet. He ultimately pays the price for his cruelty, slain by Corny in a fit of murderous insanity whilst under the influence of magic. In the 8th grade, she wrote a book titled Knights of the Silver Sun, which was based on the Lord of the Rings and other fantasy novels as well, such as Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. She knew by then that she would always want to become a writer. What did you think of the use of the faerie drug "Never" in the story? Did you think that the book showed enough of the downside of using drugs? If Dave had never taken the drug, how do you think his story would change? What about Lolli? Val?

On a more positive note, I had also forgotten how totally addicting the storyline is, how fun and gothic the aesthetic feels, and how lovable Roiben is. While I stand by the fact that the blossoming romance has potential to be problematic, it genuinely doesn’t feel as though Kaye is taking advantage of him with her power over his name. Everything comes across as fully consensual, albeit quite a bit rushed and insta-lovey. One of Kaye's "imaginary" faerie friends from childhood. Harbours strong dislike and distrust of Roiben. He is killed by Nephamael towards the end of the novel after giving him information in the hopes of gaining his favour.

Publication Order of Standalone Novels

Apart from this novel series, author Holly has written a few other successful novel series’ in her writing career. One of them is the Modern Tale of Faerie series, which is based on the young adult genre. Holly was born on November 10, 1971 in West Long Branch, New Jersey, United States. During the early growing years of author Holly her family used to live in a decrepit old house of the Victorian age in New Jersey. She grew up in the same house and went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree from The College of New Jersey in the subject of English in the year 1994. After her education, she began working for a journal house as a production editor on the medical journals. I'm going to go now because everything's a jumble in my head and I have no idea how to put it in a coherent structure. Final word is, I will not be reading the sequels. Make an Unseelie feast! Re-create dishes that Kaye sees when she sneaks into the Unseelie court, then invent your own interesting recipes. To be perfectly honest, I expected just a little better. I was really excited to read this, I mean The Folk of the Air was A MASTERPIECE!!!!! It wasn't as good as I thought it'd be, but I still enjoyed it. And I can't wait for The Stolen Heir AAAAAAAAAH!!! I need it right now!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩

But anywho, this review may or may not make much sense, but here were my thoughts on this book. I recommend to just read The Cruel Prince, which is a million times better than this one. You know what the sun looks like?” Kaye asked. There was only a little more than a slice of red where the sea met the sky.I’m half Japanese.” Kaye touched her hair, blond as her mother’s. It was the hair that baffled people. If Valiant was made into a movie, what current film or TV stars would you cast as Val, Lolli, Dave, Luis, Ravus and the others? If you were Kaye, what gift would you have given to the kelpie if the broken carousel horse had not been available?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment