276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dingle Single Malt - Batch No.5

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using pot stills the distillery produces two casks of whiskey per day in Dingle, [11] where the mildly cool climate is reportedly favourable for whiskey production. [6] [9] Under Irish law, to be termed whiskey, a spirit is legally required to be matured for at least three years. [12] Therefore, Dingle Distillery only brought whiskey to market in late 2016. [7] The distillery also has a still for the production of gin and vodka. [4] [9] As of 2017, 100,000 bottles per year of Dingle gin are being sold. [10] At this stage, I must make a confession: I have tried almost no finished product from Dingle whiskey, which puts me in a unique position. I sampled the three components of the batch 4 bottling, and subsequent sample of the batch 4 via a ThreeDrams tasting. What I have experienced is the popularity amongst its fanbase, and I certainly understand the speed at which some of the most recent releases have sold out.

a b c Murphy, Mark (27 October 2017). "Dingle Distillery's New Small Batch Releases". FFT.ie . Retrieved 13 February 2018. Linnane, Bill (15 December 2017). "The 12 drinks of Christmas - Top tipples for the festive season". Irish Examiner . Retrieved 13 February 2018. Dingle Samhain Single Malt Whiskey Cask Strength, 50,5% (10000 bottles) - Matured in Bourbon and Muscatel [14] Dingle Single Malt Whiskey Cask Strength, 60.2% (500 bottles) - Matured in bourbon, Oloroso and Pedro Ximinez casks. What I am interested to know is whether their newest and first-ever core expression single malt is a product of lessons learnt, a knee-jerk reaction to an increasingly overpopulated market of distilleries bottling their own spirit, or a happy coincidence of fully matured whiskey delivered at the right time.This whiskey is a welcome addition to the Dingle portfolio, to supplement their range of single cask offerings. I believe this bottle now gives Dingle a real base from which to promote their brand and whiskey and will please their fans. It also appears that Dingle predicts that this will be popular too; an initial run of 50,000 bottles has been released, with an ambition to produce 100,000 by 2023, a real show of intent by an intrepid brand.

In the mouth: Loads of vanilla! Clear influence coming through from the bourbon cask, Caramac bars for some nostalgia, some light fudge also. On the finish, there is more sweet vanilla, think burnt crème brulee, some spice actually comes through. Thanks to the ABV (46.3%) this lasts nicely in the palate. Conclusion Dingle Distillery has today launched its highly anticipated sixth and final release of its Single Malt Batch series – Dingle Single Malt Batch 6. Some 15,000 bottles of the liquid have been produced with an all-Port maturation and with an additional 1,000 Cask Strength bottles available. At time of writing the Cask Strength is already sold out! The first batch of whiskey was released in late 2016, and consisted of two tripled distilled whiskeys, both of which were matured solely in bourbon casks: [2] [13]Technical file setting out the specifications with which Irish Whiskey / Uisce Beatha Eireannach / Irish Whisky must comply" (PDF). www.agriculture.gov.ie/. Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Marine. October 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 October 2016 . Retrieved 28 December 2016. a b c d "New whiskey distillery in Dingle to create 25 jobs". Business ETC at www.thejournal.ie. 25 November 2012 . Retrieved 4 August 2013. Supposedly, patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait or – importantly – who are able to wait. In whiskey terms, this can be anything from a legally defined short process to an exceptionally long one, determined by the type of whiskey a distiller would want to produce. A sister company of the Porterhouse Brewing Company, Dingle Distillery opened its doors in 2012. With an ethos centred on quality, artisan whiskey production, it was one of the first of the new age of distilleries in Ireland. With a focus not just on quality but also on innovative new approaches, Dingle is an independent family-owned business.

I’m partly speaking tongue in cheek here, as distillers/blenders will only bottle it when it’s ready… surely? There are so many fundamental questions determining the right time for distilleries to sell their own whiskey, with the majority concerning the actual whiskey, i.e., taste, smell, colour, etc. The Irish whiskey industry suffered a period of severe decline in the 20th century, which saw most of Ireland's distilleries close, and those remaining in operation amalgamating under the ownership of a single company, Irish Distillers, in the 1970s. However, since then, Ireland's whiskey industry has undergone a resurgence, in particular since 2010, with a diversification of both output and ownership. [9] Single Malt Batch 1 – The first in the Single Malt series, Single Malt Batch 1 took the best Irish malted barley to make pure pot still malt whiskey which was then matured exclusively in Bourbon casks. Single Malt Batch 1 was released in 2016 and had 7,500 bottles produced with an ABV of 46.5%. The Dingle Whiskey Cask Strength of this release had 500 bottles produced with an ABV of 60.7%.It was very important to the founders that the focus be on quality over quantity. They state that they “understand and respect the concept” of distilling enormous quantities of ‘bland whiskey,’ as they put it, but that their passion for a well-crafted and flavorsome spirit can only be done in small quantities. Dingle Single Malt Whiskey Cask Strength, 46.5% (700 bottles) - Matured in a marriage of port and bourbon casks. But, what happens when some rivals start bottling their own whiskey? Do distillers who wish to remain competitive compromise, say that it’s good enough, and begin bottling? All of these are hypothetical questions, but now is a very interesting time for Irish Whiskey; lots of the new distilleries are approaching a period when their own spirit is maturing nicely and getting to a point where distillers bottle it (no pun intended). As Ireland was coming out of its greatest recession in modern memory, Oliver Hughes, Liam Hart, and Peter Mosley quietly started up their craft whiskey distillery. In a tin shed in the town of Dingle, County Kerry, Ireland, on December 18th of 2012, the first Dingle Whiskey Casks were filled. On December 19th, 2015, the first cask was released; cask no. 2. And the Dingle Whiskey Distillery was now official. Single Malt Batch 2 – Single Malt Batch 2 was created through the marriage of specially selected Sherry (Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso) and Bourbon casks. The second in the Single Malt series was released in 2017 and had 6,000 bottles produced with an ABV of 46% whilst the distillery’s first Pot Still Whiskey had 600 bottles available worldwide.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment