276°
Posted 20 hours ago

POLICE STORY 3: SUPERCOP (Eureka Classics) Blu-ray

£9.31£18.62Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

JJ Bona on Wong Jing’s ‘Kung Fu Cult Master’ starring Jet Li and Sammo Hung arriving on Blu-ray from Eureka in January I still find it a job to enjoy any HK Jet Li movie lol I've said it once, and…

In September 2022, Eureka Entertainment released Supercop in the UK as both a stand-alone 1080p Blu-ray release, [4] and as part of a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray set of the Police Story trilogy. [5] These releases include both the 96 minute Hong Kong theatrical cut and the 91 minute US version, with two audio commentaries on the Hong Kong cut. Exterior scenes were filmed in Hong Kong Island, Shanghai and Kuala Lumpur. Interior scenes were shot in Kuala Lumpur. Action superstar Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) joins the series as Inspector Yang Chien-Hua, who teams up with Chan Ka-Kui to take down an international drug ring. With some of the most outrageous stunt sequences ever committed to film, Police Story 3: Supercop is an action masterpiece that must truly be seen to be believed. Eureka Entertainment has already blessed us with a standard Blu-ray box set of the first two Police Story films. In my original review of Police Story 3, I stated it was absolutely crying out for a restoration and re-release. In fact, I still have my original VHS version so I can watch it uncut! Not only has my prayer been answered, it has been delivered in glorious, ultra-high definition 4K in this new box set! Jing cha gu shi III: Chao ji jing cha (Supercop) (1996)". JP's Box-Office . Retrieved 6 December 2018.

Action

Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, Kuala Lumpur, Klang Valley, Peninsular Malaysia, Malaysia I’m ashamed to admit that, despite being a self-professed fan of martial arts movies, I’ve never seen Police Story 3: Supercop. For a long time, I believed I owned it on DVD, but when I finally got around to watching the disc I realised I’d been duped by a dodgy distributor who’d labelled the inferior Supercop 2 as simply Supercop. a b c "【ジャッキーチェン興行成績】 第10回:韓国での興行収入". KungFu Tube (in Japanese). 5 September 2010 . Retrieved 7 December 2018.

differences between the Eureka! Entertainment and 88 Films presentations (judging solely by screenshots), including this being slightly wider than

Cast

With the various audio and different cut viewing options at hand, this really is the definitive release of all three films. Dal Spangle on Arriving in January is Eureka’s Blu-ray for ‘When Taekwondo Strikes’ starring Jhoon Rhee and Angela Mao This is the 2nd time l’ve been called out for a guilty pleasure……Last week it… Sequel Goes Foreign: The previous Police Story films were both squarely rooted in Hong Kong, but Supercop takes the action to Mainland China, Thailand, and Malaysia. The 100 best action movies: 80-71". Time Out. Archived from the original on 16 November 2014 . Retrieved 7 November 2014. a b "«Полицейская история 3: Суперполицейский» (Ging chaat goo si III: Chiu kup ging chaat, 1992)". KinoPoisk (in Russian) . Retrieved 10 November 2021.

In Hong Kong, the film was initially released by Mega Star Video Distribution (Megastar), and later Deltamac. In 2004, it was re-released by Intercontinental Video Limited (IVL). This version was contained within a Police Story trilogy DVD boxset ( Region 0 NTSC). All Hong Kong DVDs contain the original cut. Berardinelli, James. "Supercop (aka Police Story 3): A Film Review by James Berardinelli" . Retrieved 28 June 2013. The handful of Stanley Tong interviews are very good too. He tends to focus on different aspects of either his career or Supercop in particular in each interview, meaning there isn’t too much crossover. I particularly enjoyed the older piece where he talks in detail about how he pulled off some of the set pieces, including how he managed to shoot 28 complicated action setups in only 4 hours and how he almost died doing one of the helicopter sequences.The film also has an added level of sheen through being the first HK film Chan made with sync sound. Films from the country had usually been dubbed previously. After watching a lot of his early work recently, it was quite odd to hear his natural voice on screen but sounded all the better for it. Audio Commentary by Hong Kong Cinema Expert Frank Djeng does not seem to be the same Djeng commentary that was on the Studios & Distributors: Golden Harvest Company | Golden Way Films Ltd. | Paragon Films Ltd. | Eureka Entertainment

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment