276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This really helped me understand how to use the machine before venturing outside. I buried a few bits too and practised pinpointing. Different wireless system technologies offer different benefits and manufacturers have competing systems. Typically in our case here, Garrett has the “Z Lynk” system and Minelab have the “AptX”. Works with the discrimination button to help narrow down metals. To stop detecting iron, hover over iron and press elimination to eliminate it from your search. The ACE 200 is directly on the fundamental and entry-level market. Therefore, it will not have the features and complexities of models that cost twice as much. It might be fair to pay a bit more for a design with Iron Audio, notching, and headphones, such as the Garrett ACE 400. But that model also has the ground balance pre-determined. The Ace 150 and 250 sometimes struggled in highly mineralised soils, where as a lot of people have commented that the Euro Ace really excels in these conditions. Pro’s And Con’s Of The Garrett EuroAce

Garrett’s Ace 400 is the top metal detector in the ACE series. It replaced the popular ACE 350 and improved it with extra features. This feature makes Garrett ACE 350 as one of the best competition in the entry-level category and helps it stand out from its competitors by a fair distance. Discrimination patterns or search modes are useful when you limit your search to only a few types of targets, such as relics, coins, jewelry, and other similar objects. The Garrett ACE 350 has five search modes, including jewelry, coins, relics, custom objects, and zero. Care must be taken with this function as turning it fully on can effect depth and recovery speed so the situation you are in on the day and your location will dictate how much you use this helpful function. This was primarily because this was as far as the current technology took us. To those hard core detectorists and detector designers, it was well known how different frequencies performed.

Features and Benefits of the Garrett ACE 400

A powerful performer at a bargain price. The ACE 300 has more modes than an ACE 200 and enhanced features to help find more treasure. I think fixed ground balancing is a good idea. It’s really intimidating in the early days and you’ll spend more time fiddling with the controls than experiencing the excitement of a treasure hunt. Typically, a Whites DFX which was incredibly expensive when I first started out could use 15Khz and 3Khz. It would take information from both frequencies to best determine the target type. You can put headphones in it, but if you don’t it will still make a beeping noise so you can find treasure. An issue I noticed was that it’s not a friendly detector – it does not like the company of other detectors!

Something to be aware of is that it makes a lot of noise when you first turn it on– I figured this was because I was indoors surrounded by lots of metals. In the garden, it calmed down. It’s great to have choice over the machine and the sensitivity is an important feature, but I’d say it’s for when you’ve got more experience. Again, the Minelab Vanquish 540 manual gives you a detailed look at the advanced functionality it has, especially over the Ace Apex. The Minelab Vanquish 540 manual can be found here. Garrett Ace Apex vs Minelab Vanquish 540 conclusion Because the ground balance is automatically set, I was able to use the detector and raise its sensitivity until it was squealing like Beyonce. Unlike the previous models of the Garrett ACE, this new addition lets the user control and fine tune the Iron Discrimination levels.It’s all labelled and the display is clear – although in bright sunlight you’ll be squinting. The main buttons are mode, discrimination, and sensitivity and they work on a plus and minus toggle. There are iron audio and frequency adjust buttons too.

The stem is extendable as you’d expect it to be, ranging between 42 and 51 inches. I took it to the local football fields for two hours and barely noticed it. A longer walk through woodland was easy too – arm ache was never a problem. By now, it might be apparent to you that this metal detector has a lot of advantages for an entry-level metal detector.

SUPER SCANNER V

A coin will ring out the high bell while low conductivity will sound out lower. It’s pretty easy to figure out. You can adjust the newly upgraded ‘pulse width modulation’ system to your audio preference.

It doesn’t have many buttons and has an easily understandable screen. I can move the detector up and down and side to side slowly to find lots of treasures.Silver, for example, would register high on the scale whereas brass and iron much lower. Although it varies depending on the ground conditions you can usually tell the difference between coins just by reading the numbers. The Garrett 250 has 6 buttons on its LED display which is 3 more than the next version down – the Garrett ACE 150. Onward to the football fields where he found several 5p coins on a double ding, drink can tabs and small pieces of wire. In the woods he uncovered nails and an old mobile phone, then on our return, he scanned our front lawn and found an old watch face.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment