276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Editions)

£23.905£47.81Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K Blu-ray delivers stunning video and reference-quality audio in this exceptional Blu-ray release As Mr Krabbs would say, "MONEY!". And for hundreds of thousands of movie lovers, there's always that one movie or series that triggers our bank account to take the plunge. filmouts (with digital VFX upscaled from 2K elements), as well as tasteful new color timing made possible by HDR enhancement; all were supervised three films in the trilogy, armed with new 2160p transfers and Dolby Atmos Audio, all of which breathe new life into the vast world of Middle Earth.

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray

With the help of a courageous Fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. documentaries and featurettes included here again on creaky old bonus DVDs. Hey, it's better than nothing -- the so-called "Ultimate LOTR series has basically two types of movies- a) Theatrical and b) Extended, each edition are available in both-DVD and Blu ray format. Extended Edition Blu-ray boxed set, and the whopping Middle Earth Ultimate Collector's Edition) are each a little disappointing in one way or another, this

You might be wondering next: Does this new 4K remaster really make that big of a difference? Is the image and sound really improved over the previous Blu-ray release? The answer to that is: HELL yes. However, if you don’t already have them, you’ll need to get a 4K display, a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, and a surround sound system that’s compatible with Dolby Atmos. Extended versions of the movies have humongous amount of extra film footage added to the theatrical editions (approx. 30, 40 and 50 additional minutes for movie 1, 2 and 3 respectively). So, go for the extended editions only if you are a die hard fan of the movies. If you are not, the review ends here. Buy whichever movie you like in your preferred format and enjoy. Thanks. The theatrical editions of the Lord of the Rings movies made great choices. The Extended Editions chose completionism, at least partially to please fans rather than the creatives behind the work itself. And when you let fans take the wheel, things get really, really messy.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition) Blu-ray The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition) Blu-ray

But here’s the thing: I’ve been reviewing Blu-ray and DVD quality professionally now for twenty-three years on The Digital Bits, and 4K Ultra HD quality for the last four of those years. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 4K remaster that made quite this much of a difference over a previous Blu-ray release before. Following the devastating loss of our home last year, my spouse and I have been gradually reconstructing our lives. As the saying goes, patience pays off, and we were joyful when we could once again amass a collection of DVDs. The delight I witnessed when I surprised my husband with this special edition of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy cannot be adequately put into words. Designing and Building Middle-earth” offers “Designing Middle-earth” (41 min.) gives props to the creative team behind the look of the film, while “Weta Workshop” (43 min.) gives the make-up and effects guys their due, and “Costume Design” (12 min.) highlights the self-evident. There are also two still galleries for design, broken into numerous subsections covering the people and the realms, with some of the stills coming with commentary. The surviving members of the Fellowship, with the help of the Elves, have defended the kingdom of Rohan at Helm’s Deep, as Gollum leads Frodo and Sam ever closer to Mordor. But Sauron is marching an even larger orc army, led by the vile Witch King, to the defenseless city of Minas Tirith. If it falls, so too will Gondor, and all hope for the world of men will be lost. Gandalf races to the city with Pippin to sound the alarm, while Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Merry attempt to convince King Theoden of Rohan to ride to its defense. With the fate of Middle-earth about to be decided in a last, massive battle on the fields of Pelennor, Aragorn must finally accept his destiny. And Frodo and Sam will face the ultimate test of friendship, and their very lives, in their quest to destroy the One Ring.

Similar titles you might also like

editions, with the caveat that they suffer from the same (and occasionally excessive) use of digital noise reduction as their 4K counterparts. As wonderful as all that is, here's the bad news: the special features are all presented on DVD and they've pretty much all been released before. In addition to the extras from the extended edition DVDs you also get the three Costa Botes making-of documentaries, one for each film, that were included in the limited edition DVD release. An HD upgrade to the documentaries would have gone a long way towards alleviating the disappointment at the redundancy in the supplemental materials. On the bright side, there is one new extra thrown in, and it's even one that might appeal to the IGN audience, a preview of the upcoming video game The Lord of the Rings: The War in the North. At least that's something. This is happy news for those of us who refuse to surrender our Blu-ray 3D format to 4K. For one who grew up on a collection of View Masters, 3D is like putting on an old comfortable shoe. For me, 3D opens up the movie (but many beg to differ ... that's ok). Furthermore, the price point for this collection is incredibly reasonable considering the sheer quantity of content included. It's evident that a lot of care went into this release, valuing customer satisfaction above all else. Once again, don’t forget that in addition to the films, you also get a Movies Anywhere Digital Copy code, which should be good for all three films in both versions in 4K. But don’t get rid of your previous Blu-ray and/or DVD editions if you wish to retain all of the extras, The Appendices, and other bonus features (because you won’t find any of that content here).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment