276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eleven Liars: The unputdownable new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author of TWELVE SECRETS (Ben Harper Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book continued a lot of the plot points from the first book that weren’t really explained and really explained them and a lot of things added up. The strength of this book is how many of the townspeople appear suspicious, so you're never sure who to trust. I loved how the small town setting felt claustrophobic once again, with the locals keeping their closely guarded secrets close to their chests.

Although Ben is the main character, we get to learn a lot more about and spend a considerable amount of time with PC Cash. Whilst some of the ‘who dunnit’ I was able to guess, there were many a surprise thrown in for good measure.Both Ben and Dani are engaging, likeable characters albeit with complex lives, and you can certainly feel sympathy for them.

Eleven Liars was published by Sphere Books on 30th March 2023 and is available in hardcover, audio and digital formats with the paperback to follow later this year. Not so good points: I'm afraid I found that the plot just didn't grip me after the first bout of initial excitement at the beginning. Between them, they peel back the layers of the case, uncovering a web of deceit that’s uncomfortably close to home. As he goes past he sees there is a fire in the disused community centre and then someone in the building!Rushing to the fire he manages to save someone’s life, but doesn’t know who they are as they run off.

However felt the author fell into the trap of throwing everything at final few chapters, making what initially had been a good story convoluted and far fetched. With short, snappy chapters, and a tightly woven story, ELEVEN LIARS is an absolutely solid crime fiction novel which made for cracking read. Dopo I dodici segreti torniamo ad Haddley e stavolta il nostro Ben si troverà alle prese con un incendio che svela un cadavere. Right from the very beginning we dive straight into the story and become totally immersed in the world of Ben Harper and Dani Cash. There was some repetition in this book where it’s repeating the events that occurred in the first book, which is good if you need a refresher or if you plan to read this book as a stand-alone (which you definitely could!Per quanto riguarda Ben penso che non sia stato solo di contorno,si è dato da fare a scoprire e cercare indagare e alla fine trovare la verità. Se poi è la vita di Dani a traballare dopo ciò che emerge a seguito dell’incendio del centro ricreativo abbandonato, può toccare solo a Ben Harper fare ordine e aiutare l’agente di polizia che l’ha affiancato nel mistero relativo al massacro della sua famiglia. I was on my toes the entire time, the information is revealed in a smart subtle way which has a lasting effect. As always the story is expertly crafted to start off as something very simple a fire in a community centre a variety of characters stories are interwoven into the main story to give it depth and give uou a good hook in.

Robert now lives in Putney and his new hometown served as the inspiration for the fictional town of Haddley in Twelve Secrets. While the story in Twelve Secrets focused on Ben Harper and his family, Eleven Liars firmly focuses on PC Dani Cash and her family backstory. Cash's life in this book is far from stable and you are left wondering how that's all going to end up.The pace for the plot was good and there were a fair few twists and unexpected things that popped up too and I was pleased that the author managed to bring everything all together at the end and wrapped up any loose ends as there were a few different plot lines in play. You don’t really have to read TWELVE SECRETS to appreciate this one, but I would strongly recommend it so you have an idea of the characters and relationships.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment