276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fiskars Xact Weed Puller, Length: 1 m, Stainless Steel Handle/Plastic Handle, Black/Orange, 1020126

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don’t know how well it would work on a hard compacted soil such as an old lawn as the spikes are quite large and would require quite a bit of force to get into compacted soil.

Fiskars FSK139950 30mm Xact Weed Puller - FFX Fiskars FSK139950 30mm Xact Weed Puller - FFX

Most of the positive comments were about how easy the tool was to use, how they didn’t need to get on their knees and about the number of weeds they could pull out in a short amount of time. Many of the raters also praised the weight of the weed puller.I could fill in the hole with a small handful of topsoil, possibly with a sprinkling of grass seed.

Xact™ Weed puller | Fiskars

The price, let’s be honest it is not the cheapest tool out there. This is not a major dislike for me though as I think the quality of the tool justifies the price. This is a tool created to pull weeds out of your lawn, soil, beds etc without needing to bend down. It does that really well actually. All the operation of the tool can be done easily from a standing position. If you are looking at getting this because you find bending over hard then rest assured that you can fully use this tool to rip weeds out of your garden without ever having to bend over. This weed puller is okay at pulling out individual weeds, but if you have clusters of weeds competing for the same small area, it may struggle as the claws don’t work as effectively when pressed into the void left by the previous weed. It Will Leave Holes in Your Lawn This is because dry soil shrinks and compacts around the roots. Sure, you can still pull out the weed, but some of the roots may remain where they’ll start growing again. While not needed for me personally I can how this could transform an elderly or disabled gardener’s weeding experience.

Fiskars Xact Weed Puller

It tends to take quite a bit of ground with it when you remove a weed. Not a massive issue but it is worth mentioning, particularly if you plan on using this on a lawn. Like every similar device, this weed puller will leave holes in the lawn as the claws grab chunks of soil too. Given that dandelion roots can grow as deep as 8 inches, I don’t think watering the lawn to soften up the ground is viable unless you have a tiny garden. Otherwise, it would be best to wait until there’s been a day or two of rain. If you live in the UK, I doubt you’ll have to wait long! It Only Works in Lawns and Flowerbeds I found that pebbles and stones prevented the claws from gripping the weed tightly which then just slides off the tool. I Have Serious Concerns About Longevity

Fiskars Xact Weed Puller, Length: 1 m, Stainless Steel Handle

You can then release the weed using the orange handle halfway up the weed puller. This almost feels like you are reloading a shotgun in a movie and is a fun way to dump those pesky weeds! What I like about the Fiskars weed pullerThe holes were about the width of a golf ball and sometimes a little deeper. I found that were two ways to deal with them: I can see why some folks really like this weed puller – I found that removing weeds couldn’t have been easier. I placed the device onto the weed and pressed down on the pedal with my foot until the claws were as deep as possible. The tool allows you to remove weeds like nettles without ever having to get your hands close to the weed.

Fiskars 4 Prongs Xact Weed Puller - Bunnings Australia Fiskars 4 Prongs Xact Weed Puller - Bunnings Australia

This puller will work on both dry and wet ground, but if the soil is on the dry side, the roots are more likely to snap when you pull the weed out.You also can get so many more weeds up in the same amount of time it would take you using a hand trowel for example. of reviewers gave the Fiskars weed puller a score of 1 or 2 stars out of 5, which is fairly low compared to similar garden tools.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment