276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kensington Orbit Mouse - Wired Ergonomic TrackBall Mouse for PC, Mac and Windows with Scroll Ring, Ambidextrous Design and Optical Tracking - Blue (K72337EU)

£54.995£109.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kensington feels the heat from the popular Elecom DEFT PRO and has released this Orbit Fusion as a response. Kensington has deployed their (not so) secret weapon, the large scroll wheel around the ball. This feature alone makes the Kensington Orbit Fusion the winner between the two for me. But the Elecom DEFT Pro has 3 (!) connection modes (wired, Bluetooth or wireless 2.4GHz USB dongle) while this Orbit Fusion is USB-dongle-wireless only. The Elecom also has more buttons. So it all depends what you are looking for. But for most users I would say the Orbit Fusion is enough and the scroll wheel is the major benefit. The ring is quite big and high, and on an angle. I’m a big fan of a scroll ring compared to the small scroll wheels, so I’m very happy with this feature and it doesn’t disappoint. It feels smooth and is very easy to move with the ring finger.

A detachable wrist rest delivers soft cushioning to support the hand and wrist in ergonomic comfort for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer. Customers praised the comfort of the mouse and how easy it is to use. They enjoyed the customizable options on the buttons and found it great for video editors, graphic designers, or programmers!The speed of the scrolling can be set in the latest Kensington Works software. Be sure to update your KensingtonWorks if you have an older version installed, so that the Orbit Fusion shows up. Buttons All-day comfort is provided through a sculpted mouse-like design to improve palm, wrist, forearm and shoulder position with less hand movement Kensington is in denial, they have been for 15 years at least. I wish it were otherwise– I like their products…I just don’t trust them.

Easily adjust the cursor speed to fit your needs by selecting the appropriate DPI level (400/400-800/800-1500)–lower DPI for precision editing and higher DPI for word processing or casual browsing All-day comfort is provided through a sculpted mouse-like design to improve palm, wrist, forearm and shoulder position with less hand movement. The mouse features a rechargeable battery that has an insane life! Expect up to 70 days of battery life on just one single charge which is great for those who will take the mouse to work, school, or travel with it, and running out of battery will be the last thing on your mind! It takes AA batteries too, which are widely available and affordable to replace.Wireless connection from a 2.4GHz nano receiver with a USB-A to USB-C adapter included making it perfect for any type of PC or device with a specific port configuration. The size of the ball is 40mm, a good, medium sized ball. I’m happy it’s not smaller. For me, it could even have been a bit bigger like the 44mm Elecom DEFT PRO ball, but it’s not a dealbreaker. You can use ELECOM’s mouse weird or wirelessly. It takes 1 AA battery and has a great battery life, saving you from continually charging it and for those using it with a USB connection, there is a space within the mouse to safely store the receiver when not in use. The first time I bought a replacement, but when it happened again, I called Kensington to ask about this problem and alert them to the fact that there was a problem. They denied that there was a problem and told me point blank that I was the first and only one to have complained. Another factor to consider is the connection of your mouse. These days, most mice on the market will have a wireless option. Using a USB port or Bluetooth connection, you won’t need to worry about wires getting tangled or clogging up your desk.

You have the choice between a wired and wireless mouse with the Kensignton Expert. You can connect your mouse with Bluetooth to save a USB port or use the nano receiver for fantastic connectivity. ELECOM’s mouse uses a DPI cursor to ensure high-performance gaming can be delivered to you. The DPI button allows you to change between 500, 1000, and 15000 DPI adjusting the speed of your movements when you need it most! Great for those who play a wide range of games.

A great mid-range trackball without the cable.

There are also some companion app issues, though these could also be exclusive to Windows 11, which I've tested it with. There are settings for DPI and scroll speed in the app, as well as to enable and disable acceleration. Only they do nothing. You have to use Windows' built-in mouse tools to make any fine changes. That alone is enough to make it worth buying because, like its wired sibling, it's extremely comfortable to use, good value and the scroll ring is a thing of genius. Four DPI settings let you easily adjust the cursor speed to fit your needs by selecting the appropriate level (400, 800, 1,200 or 1,600) - lower DPI for precision editing, and higher DPI for word processing or casual browsing. The size and shape is comparable to the latest popular Elecom models, especially the DEFT PRO. Slightly bigger than a computer mouse, but much smaller than the large Kensington Expert or SlimBlade, CST or Elecom HUGE.

The unique finger-operated scroll ring provides a more precise, intuitive and comfortable scrolling experience.

Can't find what you're looking for?

The Kensington Orbit Fusion (left) is a direct competitor for the Elecom DEFT PRO (right), but its scroll ring sets it apart. The unique finger-operated scroll ring provides a more precise, intuitive and comfortable scrolling experience Four DPI settings let you easily adjust the cursor speed to fit your needs by selecting the appropriate level (400, 800, 1,200, or 1,600) — lower DPI for precision editing, and higher DPI for word processing or casual browsing. Insert the AA battery in the Fusion Orbit, insert the USB 2.4GHz nano receiver in your computer, with or without the USB-A adapter, and turn on the Fusion Orbit with the button at the bottom. This option is also an excellent choice for both gaming and work. You can use the mouse across two computers for seamless navigation when using Logitech’s flow feature. This allows you to copy and paste images, text, and files from one screen or computer to another.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment