276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glittering a Turd: How surviving the unsurvivable taught me to live: The Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But in my community (myositis), it seems like being a woman, and being a woman of colour, already makes you start with a disadvantage. This book time hops to give you an insight into the life growing up, the life before diagnosis and the life during the diagnosis. com/howtoglitteraturd and head to Patreon to find out who you can become part of the Turd Glitterati https://www.

Worse, we’ll try hard to convince ourselves that we were in control all along, and that our world-view is correct, even though we receive clear, strong and consistent evidence to the contrary. I got excited when her charity CoppaFeel started to put reminders to check your breasts inside underwear that could be easily bought on the high street, I admired her frankly gorgeous knitwear collection when I watched the BBC documentary “Dying to Live”, and I applauded her work with the Sun newspaper on “check it Tuesday”. I loved it because there are far too few people talking about cancer and yet so many people who have been or will be diagnosed - and if you have ever come close, a book like this is an absolute dream. Kris was living a totally normal life as a twenty-three-year-old: travelling the world, falling in love, making plans.

Kris stepped down as CEO five years ago and now pursues speaking engagements, writing, dipping in the cold sea whilst working for CoppaFeel! Then I realised the only reason I recognised those symptoms were because of Coppafeel, the resources from them I’d seen online and resources/pop ups during my time at uni. Before my diagnosis no one was educating young people about signs and symptoms of breast cancer, and very few people were aware it could happen to people in their twenties.

I remember when Kris and Coppafeel first came to the public knowledge - I can’t believe that’s over a decade ago now! I started this blog post a while back when I first heard the expression “you can’t polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter”. This helps us expose ourselves to risks, because our reduction of the perceived danger means we’re less likely to activate a fear response, and more likely to engage in the risky behaviour. You need to read it yourself to really absorb the joy you get from it (yes, a weird word to choose about a book written by a wonderful human with Stage 4 cancer but you'll get it when you read it). So as I type, my motor control centre is sending commands to my fingers before I’m consciously aware of doing so, but it feels like I’m the one sending the commands.You are also able to ask me anything through the messaging service + I will be showcasing things that I find useful as I try to survive cancer as long as poss + I might throw in the odd giveaway here and there too + gifs + cat content. Because we can’t trust ourselves to make rational decisions, especially based on our ‘gut feelings’ (see here) we need an alternative decision matrix to refer to.

The beaming and infectious Gaby Roslin has been a much loved stable on our TVs and Radios for over 30 years whether it was hosting the Big Breakfast, Children In Need or on various radio shows or more recently on her own podcast.Kris tells her story of how its changed the way she lives her life, from how she's surviving, despite many medical treatments, to information on the charity "Coppafeel" which she set up and raises money every year to support breast cancer sufferers. I stepped down as CEO five years ago and now pursues speaking engagements, writing, dipping in the cold sea, serving up coffee and cakes from my vintage truck by the sea with my twin, whilst working for CoppaFeel! In other words, we can and do tell ourselves that our reality is pretty, even when it’s just a veneer over the underlying stinkiness. hl=en and if you want to discover the power of cold water swimming and hear more about her ocean based wellness retreats, check out Seasio - https://www. Statistics aren’t exactly uncomplicated supporters of that statement… Around 30% of patients go on to receive a metastatic/incurable diagnosis and breast cancer is still the biggest killer of women under the age of fifty.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment