276°
Posted 20 hours ago

16 Amp 240v Site Trailing Plug & Socket 230v 16a 3 Pin PCE 240 Volt Blue Hook Up 1X 3001655 1X 3001678

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is essential that the neutral, live and earth wires are placed in the correct pin (Image credit: Getty Images/Steve Jenkins) What fuse should a plug have? As a general guideline, appliances below 700W include TVs, power drills, jigsaws, lamps and fridges. Appliances above 700W include circular saws, belt sanders, washing machines and kettles. Always, use the right size cable and wire, proper size outlets and switch and suitable size of circuit breakers. You may also use the Wire and Cable size calculator to find the right gauge size. If you are unsure about what kind of fuse needs to be fitted, you can replace the blown fuse with like for like i.e. if 13A replace with a 13A fuse. Another option is to take a look at the power consumption of the appliance. If below 700W a 3A fuse is the common choice. If over 700W a 13A fuse is used. There is a built-in standard fuse (normally 13A) in a BS1363 plug. The rating of the ceramic fuse in the UK plug can be different as it depends on the current capacity and types of protected load. The main function of the fuse in a British plug is to protect the power cord, connected appliance & cables and wires in case of overheating, overload & overcurrent.

Mains Plugs (UK) - Replacement BS 1363 UK Plugs | CPC

I know how to wire a normal plug and can follow instructions. If i make sure th earth is correct can I assume the live and neutral can go in either thinner pin hole? The live terminal should be connected to the brown color wire (from the cable). It will carry voltage (& current) from the source to the load point. Live terminal is also known as Hot, Line or Phase terminal. The live terminal screw is electrically connected & bonded to the input of the safety fuse while the output of the fuse is connected to the live Pin.Read carefully all the cautions and instructions and follow them strictly while doing this tutorial or any other work in practical related to electrical works. First of all, remove 2″ or 5cm of the outer sheath or insulation of the cable without damaging it by using a knife, snipe nose snips or wire stripper. Once you have cut your insulation twist the cable cores together, this will give you a neat and easy to terminate the cable. Good to know: BS-1363 Plug aka UK plug is the safest plug in the world due to the following reasons.

Fly Lead Socket Convertor 16A Lead to 13A Socket | Toolstation Fly Lead Socket Convertor 16A Lead to 13A Socket | Toolstation

You should follow the exact same steps as above (just without using the earth wire). Always ensure that the screw for the earth terminal is tight so it does not come out. Some cables feature a cable clamp – this is to clamp the cable in place and to reduce the risk of the terminations being pulled out if the cable is pulled. If your plug has one of these you will need to remove it before wiring. Terminating the cableAs you can see from the image above, the live and neutral cables are still terminated in the same locations. These can also be identified as L or N normally marked on the body of the plug. Now that you have prepared the cable and the plug you are ready to start terminating the connections. The Neutral terminal should be connected to the blue color wire. Neutral wire provides a returning path to the current when the circuit is completed.

The Three Pin Plug - Pass My Exams: Easy exam revision notes The Three Pin Plug - Pass My Exams: Easy exam revision notes

A UK plug is also known as British Plug, Type G Plug or BS1363 Standard Plug by IEC = International Electrotechnical Commission) is a three pin plug used to power up electrical appliances and devices. There are multiple types of three pin plugs e.g. Type A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L etc, but the G type 3-pin plug is most common in United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malta, Malaysia, Ireland, Cyprus, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, KSA, UAE, Israel, and other countries following fully or partial of IEC regulations. Never ever try to play with electricity (as it is dangerous and can be fatal) without proper guidance and care. Do the installation and repairing work in presence of experienced persons having vast knowledge and good practice who knows how to deal with electricity. In this guide, we will show you the step-by-step process of how to wire a plug using a 3 core cable (live, neutral, and earth). If you do not feel competent to carry out any electrical work then you should always consult an electrician or someone who is electrically competent. What you will need You will also see a fuse holder – ensure that you have the correct fuse fitted for the appliance that you are using. The majority of standard plugs will come fitted with a 13A fuse.Two for lighting only and perhaps being able to use a hairdryer on its lowest setting before it tripped the MCB. Now, shorten the Live and Neutral (Brown & Blue) wires in appropriate length which suitably fit in the Live and Neutral screw terminals.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment