276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lenovo ThinkVision M14 14-Inch Full HD Mobile IPS USB-C Monitor

£111.485£222.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, this is brighter than most portable monitors. Their measured brightness tends to cluster in the 180-to-200-nit range. Exceptions are the ThinkVision M14 (280 nits), the ViewSonic VG1655 (245 nits), and the ViewSonic TD1655 (219 nits).

As mentioned, there are two USB-C ports, on each side, and Lenovo advertises this as a way to make it easier to display the monitor to the left or right of your laptop. However, with the included 1m-long USB-C cable, you could probably achieve the same effect even without two USB-C ports. Including an HDMI port instead would have added more versatility by allowing the monitor to easily connect to more device types, like a TV or Raspberry Pi. But with USB-C you can connect the monitor to a tablet or smartphone too. For office life, you need a professional monitor with sound color accuracy and high resolutions. Often, companies rely on intense data and graphics applications to get work done, so your monitor needs to be able to handle those tasks. Sometimes traveling for work is necessary and you can only bring your laptop but not your second screen. With a high-quality portable monitor you can take your second screen with you in a car, on a bus, or on plane. These portable monitors make sure that you keep your productivity even when you are away from you home office set up. You can have portable monitors that are stand alone or ones that connect to your device to make transport easier and ensure a seamless work space limiting your distractions and making sure you get everything you need done. In my well-lit office and with the whole display turned perpendicularly toward me, I could still see my favorite hobbits without interfering glare. This means sharing the screen with a couple of people, perhaps for a presentation, is certainly possible. With the monitor almost flat, it seemed a touch less bright but, as expected, but the movie was still watchable. At Lenovo, we work hard to design computer displays that fit your budget and provide the higher resolution experience you deserve. No more grainy displays with washed out colors. No more boxy, limited visuals.This allows for two modes of use. You can display video and other content over the USB connection from a laptop with a compatible USB-C port, and simultaneously power the M14 from the laptop through the same USB-C connection. Alternately, you can plug an optional 65-watt AC power adapter into one of the M14's USB-C ports to power the monitor; this will let you also charge the laptop when it is connected to the M14's other USB-C port. The actual screen component of the M14 is a 16:9, Full HD (1,920x1,080) IPS panel. Measuring 14in diagonally, it’s slightly smaller than the 15.6in I1601FWUX and ZenScreen, but there’s still sufficient space and the resolution is neither so low as to look blurry nor so high as to make any on-screen text too small. The Lenovo also did a better job at color production than the Asus in all three color gamuts we tested for: sRGB, Adobe RGB and DCI-P3. The biggest difference was in the sRGB color gamut, where the Lenovo hit 98% coverage and the Asus only reached about two-thirds of that (66.4%).

With 10-point touch functionality, enjoy the freedom to design, animate, present, and annotate on an intuitive monitor interface. More than just a display, the M14t comes with a pressure-sensitive active pen for precise sketching and easy navigation, as well as a customised sleeve for protection and an L-shaped dongle for vertical deployment and better cable management. I didn’t see any ghosting so didn’t see the need to turn up Over Drive, which increases the screen’s response time. Of the different color modes, I found sRGB the most accurate and pleasant to look at. The vast majority of mobile monitors cover only between 60 and 72 percent of the sRGB space, making them fine for workaday tasks but a poor choice for use with photos and videos. In looking at some of our test photos and clips on the M14t, colors were bright and looked true.

An Excellent, if Costly, Mobile Monitor

If you’re a gamer, you’ll most likely be in the market for a DisplayPort monitor as DP cables are generally preferred by gamers due to their greater bandwidth and ability to take advantage of top graphics card software. With its long USB-C cable, I wish there was some form of cable management. You won’t be able to tweak its display much beyond brightness or use different display profiles, like you can with the Asus ZenScreen MB16AC, and, unlike the larger and barely heavier Viotek LinQ P16C, there are no speakers. Plus, if you plan to take this on the go often, as is intended, you’ll almost certainly want to buy a replacement carrying case to replace the flimsy one Lenovo includes. Also, the display only works with USB-C (DisplayPort 1.2 over Alt mode); there’s no DisplayLink tech, so some laptops won’t support it. The only notable weakness is here is brightness uniformity, as the bottom-right corner showed a -12.8% variance compared to the center, while the top-right corner varied by -11%. We didn’t find this particularly noticeable in normal use, though, and there are other little successes for the M14 too. Contrast is a very respectable 1,200:1, according to our colour calibrator, and the matte finish does a good job of seeing off reflections. As is common of IPS panels, the M14 also benefits from nicely wide viewing angles – very useful if you need a screen to show around in meetings. Lenovo ThinkVision M14 review: Verdict Best of all, the ThinkVision M14t’s color accuracy is right up there with that of the ThinkVision M14. It's considerably better than what we have tested on any other general-purpose mobile monitor.

The design here is also the best on the market. The riser is smart, and the adjustable hinge is precisely what this category needed to make it feel more natural. The extra Type-C port is welcomed as well. The M14 comes with a meter-long USB Type-C cable. You can connect to a laptop using either the right or left USB-C port on the panel, depending on which side of the laptop you want the display to be placed. The USB-C ports support DisplayPort over USB-C, as well as USB PD (power delivery). The ThinkVision M14t comes with a USB Type-C cable, as well as an L-shaped USB-C-to-USB-C connector. You can connect to a laptop using either the right or left USB-C port on the panel, depending on which side of the laptop you want the display to be placed. You can even connect to an Android smartphone, provided that it has a USB Type-C port. The USB-C ports support DisplayPort over USB-C, as well as USB PD (power delivery). The M14d has good color gamut coverage for a portable monitor, covering 96.3% of the sRGB space in my testing (see the chromaticity chart above). That's slightly lower than the Asus Strix's 97.7% or the 97% and 97.9% of the Lenovo M14 and M14t respectively, but considerably better than the ViewSonic TD1655's measly 61.1% sRGB coverage. In addition to our formal testing, I viewed a selection of film clips and photos using both a 16:9-aspect-ratio Lenovo ThinkPad T490 (using the monitor's Original AR setting) and a 16:10 HP Pavilion Aero 13. In both cases, videos were bright, with well-saturated colors, and showing very good contrast in both light and dark areas. Photos also looked bright, with natural-looking colors and excellent contrast.

What's in the box

Connectivity is more fleshed-out. While the two DisplayPort-enabled USB-C inputs don’t sound like a lot, having one on each side means you have a choice of where to plug in your laptop or 2-in-1; using the left port, for instance, will prevent the cable getting in the way of right-handed mouse users. The monitor's advertised contrast ratio is 1,500:1; I measured it at 1,231:1, which is obviously less but still among the best we've seen from a mobile display. Most competitors have contrast ratios somewhere between 700:1 and 1,000:1.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment