276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Really Good, Actually: The must-read major Sunday Times bestselling debut novel of 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Monica Heisey will make you laugh. . . . Really Good, Actually laughs at heartbreak, delicately, tenderly, and with an emphasis on heart." — Globe and Mail (Toronto)

Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey | CBC Books Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey | CBC Books

Impossibly funny, endearingly felt, alive and rich and ultimately a story of trying not only to find one's self but to figure out how best to care for the people we love. I woke up both my husband and my dog laugh-cryingwhile reading this book." — Lynn Steger Strong, author of Flight Looking for love in all the wrong places, continually texting and calling her ex because he said they should keep in touch (and he has their cat Janet, after all) and alienating herself from her friend group for being such a Debbie Downer, she’s having more than a bit of a struggle handling things . . . Every sentence of Monica Heisey’s writing is a treat. Her observations on men, women, friendship, family, love, sexuality and womanhood are equal parts hilarious and profound. No one makes me laugh like she does.”— Dolly Alderton, bestselling author of Ghosts a b c Collington, Christian (11 January 2023). "Monica Heisey says divorce in her 20s inspired debut novel 'Really Good, Actually' ". thestar.com . Retrieved 7 July 2023.Really Good, Actuallyis a goddamn delight. Heisey doesn't shy away from any of the hard stuff,showcasing the myriad ways people turn into little monsters when theirhearts get broken and lose sight of themselves. This novel is wildly funny andcompulsively readable, the kind of book you immediately share with your best friend. I adored it." — Kristen Arnett, New York Timesbestselling author of Mostly Dead Things Readers will surely relate to Maggie as she navigates these choppy new waters… Really Good, Actually is a balm that will soothe the soul.”— Shondaland, The Best Books for January 2023 However, all that being said I have little doubt this but will be a hit if not because of the authors script writing credentials.

Really Good, Actually: The must-read major Sunday Times

It is a priority for CBC to create products that are accessible to all in Canada including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.One of the most hilarious and barbed accounts of unexpectedly starting over I’ve ever read. . . . If you’ve ever felt lost and hoped that it was leading towards wisdom, Really Good, Actually is your novel.” — Stephanie Danler, New York Times bestselling author of Sweetbitter I've been seeing this gorgeous cover all across Bookstagram and Goodreads so I'm hoping it's good! I just DNFed my last read, and I'm actually really proud of myself for that because I was genuinely not invested in it! Funny. Astutely observed. I loved it. Monica Heisey is a star writer.”— B.J. Novak,#1 New York Timesbestselling author of One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories Maggie is fine. She’s doing really good, actually. Sure, she’s broke, her graduate thesis on something obscure is going nowhere, and her marriage only lasted 608 days, but at the ripe old age of twenty-nine, Maggie is determined to embrace her new life as a Surprisingly Young Divorcée™. Of the 43 most stressful events that an average adult might contend with in their lifetime, “divorce” and “marital separation” rank at Nos 2 and 3 respectively, grimly sandwiched between “spousal death” and “imprisonment”. (“Vacations” and “frequency of family reunions” make the list too – useful to remember in the wake of the holiday season.) It’s a nugget of popular psychology with which Maggie, the heroine of Monica Heisey’s debut novel, Really Good, Actually, would be familiar.

Really Good, Actually Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Really Good, Actually Download - OceanofPDF

Monica Heisey is a comedian and writer from Toronto. She has been published in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Vogue, Elle, The Guardian, Glamour, New York magazine, VICE, and more. She won four Canadian Screen Awards for her work on Baroness von Sketch Show, and has written on shows like Schitt’s Creek, and Workin’ Moms, among others. She currently lives in London, UK. This is her first novel. One of the most hilarious and barbed accounts of unexpectedly starting over I’ve ever read. Monica Heisey isn’t just interested in the romantic side of divorce, but in how our identities collapse and the freefall that accompanies it. If you’ve ever felt lost and hoped that it was leading towards wisdom, Really Good, Actuallyis your novel.”— Stephanie Danler, New York Timesbestselling author of Sweetbitter Funny, charming debut . . . Really Good, Actually is like having a front-row seat inside Maggie’s hyperenergetic brain as she searches for the magic combination of distractions to heal the pain. . . . Heisey knows how to bring laughs grounded in frank observations of the behaviours we try our best to hide from others." — Toronto Star From the rating alone, it’s obvious this was NOT for everyone, but oh how I loved it. There’s nothing like making an imperfect fictional friend and this was another example of a “romdramedy” that had me laughing out loud one minute and “bless your heart”-ing Maggie the next.

Need Help?

Heisey's comedic and sage depiction of life and love's unexpected pitfalls is heartwarming.”— Popsugar Time to gobble up this Bridget Jones's Diary-for-the-smartphone-era that is perfect for fans of Schitt's Creek and Fleabag. Reading like a millennial Nora Ephron, everyone will fall in love with the messy and relatable heroine." — barnesandnoble.com Laugh-out-loud funny and filled with sharp observations, Really Good, Actually is a tender and bittersweet comedy that lays bare the uncertainties of modern love, friendship, and our search for that thing we like to call “happiness”. This is a remarkable debut from an unforgettable new voice in fiction. Kind of. He’d moved out, taking the cat (for now) and a gaming system and three acoustic guitars. The idea of Jon writing breakup songs in some dark sublet filled me with equal parts deep despair and incredible relief—despair, to think that I had caused him such pain he’d been driven to experimental songwriting; relief, that I wouldn’t have to listen to it. Gardner, Suzanne (16 July 2015). "I Can't Believe It's Not Better: A Woman's Guide to Coping with Life". Quill and Quire . Retrieved 7 July 2023.

Really Good, Actually: The funny, relatable No. 2 Sunday

A tender yet sharp novel that tells the heartbreaking and hilarious tales of a young woman going through a divorce.”— Entertainment Weekly I am awake WAY too early because I accidentally took a weeeee depression nap after learning about a family member's illness. 🥺🥺I think my mind just needed to take a break to process so here I am awake at this unGodly hour. They say nothing good happens after midnight and I 100% agree with that. Very funny—think Bridget Jones meets ‘Broad City’. . . . Heisey is making a career out of guiding characters through the kinds of crises we can laugh at and sympathize with all at once, while upending enough rom-com tropes to keep things interesting.”— Los Angeles Times Prepare for a charmingly messy and relatable reflection of modern love and the elusive search for happiness in Heisey's heartfelt and hilarious debut novel.”— E! NewsA bittersweet, satirical take on a "young" divorcee. . . . The results are bleak but often very funny." — Maclean's Recommended by Los Angeles Times • Washington Post • GQ• Elle • Good Morning America • People • Guardian • The Times • E! News Online • The Globe and Mail • Toronto Star • The Week • New York Post • Shondaland • and many more!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment