276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grow, Cook, Dye, Wear: From Seed to Style the Sustainable Way

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book also tells my story – because I worked as a designer for big fashion houses around the world and became incredibly disillusioned by the industry. This is a really beautiful book, full of lovely photographs, which looks at sustainable ways to use certain crops, starting with growing them from seed, cooking and eating them and ending with using them to produce dyes for fabric. Each chapter focuses on one crop from sowing, cultivating and harvesting, to several delicious recipes, to notes on dying with examples of the range of colours that can be achieved. We now know that having a plant-based diet is one of the most beneficial things one can do for the environment in terms of personal behavior.

We hope to be an inclusive company and strive to create an environment that is welcoming and embraces diversity, both with our online presence, the makers we represent, our physical pop-ups events and our collaborations.The reason recipes are included in the book is to show people a tentative spectrum of colors they can achieve.

During the pandemic, I was making protective gowns for doctors in hospitals since the UK had a shortage. Die gewählte Schrift ist nur schwer zu entziffern und das macht das Lesen enorm anstrengend, weswegen ich dem Buch nur 4 Sterne gegeben habe.I use it to refer to certain traditional dye plants that I incorporate into the dye bath to add color. If you are interested in slow fashion, growing your own food, vegan recipes and producing less waste this is the book for you. Overall this is a really wonderful little book and a great introduction to vegan cooking, fabric dying and clothes-making. BG: Demystifying and personalizing circularity is one of the key objectives of this book, and for that, there is no better place to start than the soil. Perfect for: Crafty, sustainability-minded readers who enjoy making things with their own hands, and anyone who wants to understand more about the processes behind the items we consume on a daily basis.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment