276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners (Rukmini’s Roasting Tin)

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dit kookboek is eenvoudig en gebruiksvriendelijk en geeft enorm veel goesting om te eten én te koken. Het is ook een eerlijk (bij sommige foto’s staat dat ze genomen zijn voor het gerecht de oven in ging) en no nonsens boek (met tips als: hete stoom als je de oven opent, oppassen). there’s no need for the sabotage, book! i was already at a disadvantage—we were never in competition, i promise you! i couldn’t even find cherry tomatoes on the vine at the one place i had time to shop for dinner-groceries! i live humbly in the shadow of your tiny tomatoes. One of my favourite recipes from The Green Roasting Tin is the dal (it might be my favourite recipe of all the Roasting Tin books), but it takes, in total, about an hour and half once you've peeled all of those pesky, but delicious, shallots. Which means I don't cook it quite as much as I should. Some of my other favourites also have long cook times, which isn't always what you want after a long day at work. Green is probably my desert island cookbook and it's one of the books I reach for the most on my shelf. It took was amazing about the original and made it even better.

Ik had als fantasievolle restjeskok al het één en ander samen gegooid maar in De groene bakplaat kwam ik geweldige combinaties tegen waar ik zelf nooit op zou komen. En Rukmini bakt dingen in de oven waar ik nog nooit aan gedacht had, zoals avocado en eieren. Ze geeft ook tips die ik nog nergens las zoals het steeltje van tomaten op de rijst leggen als smaakmaker tijdens het bakken (niet om op te eten). The infographics in this book are fantastic. I'm half tempted to rip them from the book and put them on the fridge in case of any dinner-related emergencies. It's like a connect the dots, choose your own adventure dinner. And all veg-based without being sad or boring at all. And (so many ands...) everything is perfect for leftovers, so no more sad desk lunches. Sprinkle the potatoes and vegetables with the coriander and serve warm or at room temperature, with the dressing alongside. Ergo, a vegetarian cookbook can have recipes suitable for vegans but a vegan cookbook cannot also be a vegetarian one. I’d perhaps let the author get away with ‘plant based’, but since the author is a carnist it is clear she does not really understand veganism and really, I see the positioning of this book as trying to jump on the ‘vegan’ bandwagon without putting the effort in and seeing ‘vegan and vegetarian’ as separate but ‘two sides of the same coin’. It may seem a minor thing but it did annoy me quite a lot. These recipes aren't as one-dish as I'd hope, because often they are just a side dish, and you need to add a carb or another whole thing with many of the lighter salads.

From the book: The Roasting Tin: Deliciously Simple One-Dish Dinners

She found food styling more attractive than the relentlessness of restaurant cooking though and began assisting on shoots ("Which means a lot of washing up"). Iyer now runs her own - hence why the boot of her car is awash with blenders, gas burners and electric whisks. "It's amazing because you get to work with your hands." As she notes: "You've got to be more creative when you've got a plate that doesn't have meat on it." Bought as a 99p KDD recently as I knew I’d use it after borrowing it from the library. I am making one recipe a week so it’s used as basis for more interesting veggie meals. Have made 4 now (including the first I made in March, repeated this week.) Favourites so far are probably the butternut squash and sweetcorn (who knew corn on the cob could taste so good roasted?) as the toppings at the end really make it. The tomato, olives and aubergine was very good. Nothing I haven’t made before on the hon, but in the oven it’s much richer. I always adapt recipes a bit; adding some ingredients and removing others. They’re good for inspiration. Het boek bestaat uit 2 grote delen en 1 klein deel. Het eerste deel zijn vegan recepten, (het kleine) deel twee bevat schema’s met combinaties die je zelf kan gaan samenstellen en deel 3 draait om vegetarische recepten. Deel 1 en 3 zijn telkens onderverdeeld in snelle (30 minuten), iets meer tijd (45 minuten) en alle tijd (een uur of langer) recepten.

Honestly, I wasn't sure at first you know! Vegetables take a long time to cook in the oven, and a lot of the early recipes in the book are quite meat and fish heavy (you might notice from my Roasting Tin review I used to eat fish but I don't any more), but where I think this book really comes into its own is the Lunchboxes chapter. The Green Roasting Tin (Square Peg) is one of a series of four cookbooks in The Roasting Tin series. Written by Rukmini Iyer and beautifully photographed by David Loftus, it is a book devoted to traybakes, divided into vegan and vegetarian sections with 75 recipes overall. Each section is divided by the time taken to complete the cooking whether 30 minutes, 45 or one hour. And to make the book even more user-friendly, a beautifully illustrated infographic section is full of ideas for how readers can design their own contents for a roasting tin whether a warm salad, stew, tart or super grain tray. This is certainly one of those cookbooks I will be returning to repeatedly and will be gifting to family members who are starting out on independent living and cooking.The only sad thing about this book, she admits, "is that it hasn't got cakes in it". Maybe next time. this is not a monthly project, but a book i will dip into periodically, sharing my successes and failures as they occur. Apologies that I don't have photos of most of the recipes! Funnily enough, most of my favourites have been discovered since I blogged about each of the books, so I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet!)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment