276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stormbird: The Wars of the Roses (Book 1) (The Wars of the Roses, 1)

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

De Enrique VI de Lancaster a Enrique VII, primer rey de la Disnastía Tudor en Inglaterra, constituye el convulso periodo histórico que comprende esta serie de Novelas. Ridicola poi la caratterizzazione di George, che nel libro precedente era il "buon buono" e scemo della situazione, che qui (non avendo in lui più alcun interesse) Iggulden dipinge tra il pavido e il crudele. Allo stesso modo è un fatto noto che Richard e Anne non furono presenti alla morte del figlio, ma gliene giunse notizia a Nottingham e il bambino quasi sicuramente non morì di tubercolosi visto che fu una malattia breve e improvvisa. Merece especial atención la semblanza que se hace del cuerpo de élite más importante de Europa durante varios siglos, hasta que las armas de fuego empiezan a ser verdaderamente efectivas: El arquero inglés portador del arco largo. Este cuerpo de arqueros decidió muchas batallas durante la Guerra de los 100 años y causaba verdadero pavor entre los caballeros acorazados franceses, ya que sus armaduras eran ineficientes y caían como moscas ante sus flechas. Estos arqueros eran cuidados con mimo, eran escasos, formar a un arquero capaz de manejar estas armas con precisión y con la cadencia de tiro infernal que alcanzaban solo se conseguía entrenando a diario y desde la infancia, de hecho un rey inglés (Eduardo I), prohibió todos los deportes salvo el tiro con arco para promover esta práctica entre sus súbditos. Cualquier pérdida de estos soldados en batalla constituía para los ingleses, siempre en minoría numérica, una pérdida irreemplazable. In telling the story of the Nobles – Richard of York is presented as very ambitious and slightly menacing, his wife equally so. Henry is a good but weak, both physically and mentally. His desire for peace at any cost is presented as playing into the French hands and directly leading to the loss of Normandy. The Duke of Suffolk is the scape goat for the loss of Normandy and is presented as one who has no greater ambitions and is just trying to do his duty to his King and Country. The Neville’s, allies of York, are also presented as ambitious and willing to do whatever it takes to make those ambitions come to pass. All this ambition is presented as a desire to do the best for England, who they feel needs a strong King.

a b Sale, Jonathan (14 October 2009). "Passed/Failed: An education in the life of author Conn Iggulden". The Independent . Retrieved 19 April 2018. Considero que la serie va in crescendo a medida que avanzamos en la tetralogía, y este sirve un poco de preámbulo a la guerra que se desencadenará en los siguientes. The battle scenes too, of St Albans & Towton, leap out from the text & the telling of the strategy is particularly impressive leaving you with a vivid picture of how it all played out. Gorefest not included, nor required as the compress the ordinary soldiers found themselves in fighting with billhooks, staffs or cleavers is chilling enough.Otra cosa que me fastidio fue los errores no sé si el autor solo quería terminar la saga pero, ESPAÑA??? NO existía en España en el siglo XV, eran Reinos en este caso debió hacer referencia al Reino de Castilla que envío embajadores a Inglaterra en 1483, y errores como ese se repiten una y otra vez. In August 2014, Iggulden was one of 200 public figures who signed a letter to The Guardian, opposing Scottish independence in the run-up to September's referendum on that issue. [6] Career [ edit ] Historical fiction [ edit ]

Sexy times: Not that kind of book. So that would be a no. I mean sex happens because we are talking kings and kingly lineages and how screwed up things got...but please. A novel that seamlessly combines narrative, historical credence and great knowledge of the period' Daily Express In fact there's little evidence that Edward IV was influenced by Elizabeth Woodville in regards to her family. Weakening The Neville family's hold over Edward IV and Court made sense and was most likely why Edward IV promoted The Woodville's like he did.

War was a nasty thing in the 1460s, up-close and personal, and Iggulden does not spare us the horror of not only death, but of killing as well. There's a necessary sacrifice of the men on the front lines. Everybody recognizes this, and they feel kind of bad about it, but hey, they're expendable. But not the archers! God save the archers! Iggulden co-wrote a book with his brother Hal, The Dangerous Book for Boys. It covers around eighty topics, from building a soapbox racer and tying knots, to learning about famous battles and how to make potassium aluminium sulphate crystals. [12] It was released in the UK in June 2006, reprinted a month later and was voted British Book of the Year at the Galaxy British Book Awards. I was born in the normal way in 1971, and vaguely remember half-pennies and sixpences. I have written for as long as I can remember: poetry, short stories and novels. It’s what I always wanted to do and read English at London University with writing in mind. I taught English for seven years and was Head of English at St. Gregory’s RC High School in London by the end of that period. I have enormous respect for those who still labour at the chalk-face. In truth, I can’t find it in me to miss the grind of paperwork and initiatives. I do miss the camaraderie of the smokers’ room, as well as the lessons where their faces lit up as they understood what I was wittering on about. I don't know much shit about British history, so I will try to see how far I can go with this book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment